Nike Air More Uptempo Holiday ‘10

I'm pretty sure they'll get around to the Olympics. It would be stupid not to, I think they'll wait until the next quarter after dropping the blacks and the navy ones.

Originally Posted by CharmCityKid

never been a fan. that big #@* "air" has always been od and tacky to me. not to mention the $160 price tag and the fact that they have absolutely ZERO casual appeal. these are an easy pass just like they've always been.
sick.gif
you're either...

A. too young to remember when EVERYTHING was big and bold in da 90's....GIANT tommy hilfiger logos & polo logos everywhere....da sneakers were no different.

B. these weren't 160, they were 140.

C. da fact that they're retroing them AGAIN is a testament that they had HUGE casual appeal back in da day.....so much so they made da take down version air much uptempo that

all da less balling kids wore just as proudly.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

i passed on da leather ones, but copped da asian hoops pack back in 2005...i've been WAITING for da durabuck version...and now they will be mine
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
happy.gif

^^^

a. fail, i'm 30
b. wouldn't drop $40 on these let alone $140
c. this is '10, not the '90s. that said, i'd hoop in em if someone GAVE em to me, but i wouldn't be caught dead tryna rock these casually. they're laughable at best.
laugh.gif

Yes yes, the olympics color way would be nice to have back aswell...I might only buy the black one's and keep the olympics to see on other peoples feet

Sadly I copped the sorry retros in black leather few years back thinkin that would be as close as id get to these and theyve never even left tha box.

I had the Olympics back in 97 but sold them to a friend n copped tha Penny Olympic Air Zoom 96 wich I loved much more.

Worst thing about this shoe as shown above on those Olympics is pairs that leave tha factory n the letters n midsole doesnt matchup a tiny bit off is fine but those are nearly half the letter out thas beyond B grade.

The Much uptempo came at pretty much the same time Ninja cause Nick Anderson was rockin em in white for home games as soon as PIP rocked his Mores,Im pretty sure no other NBA player rocked the Mores untill Barkley rocked the whiteout colourway in the 98 Olympics everybody else rocked the Much's.

I have the Pippen Magazine Ad on my wall him standing shirtless with his jersey over his wrist with runway lights in the hardwood leading to a basket way behind him ill try and take a pic and post it.

Peace
Scottie

This is one shoe I never liked. They bring a new meaning too the word bulky. I remember I traded mine away for a pair webbers..

Originally Posted by CharmCityKid

^^^

a. fail, i'm 30
b. wouldn't drop $40 on these let alone $140
c. this is '10, not the '90s. that said, i'd hoop in em if someone GAVE em to me, but i wouldn't be caught dead tryna rock these casually. they're laughable at best.
laugh.gif
people said da same thing about penny foamposites back in da day too
grin.gif

ah well, your loss.

Originally Posted by BabyfacedAssassin31

I have the Pippen Magazine Ad on my wall him standing shirtless with his jersey over his wrist with runway lights in the hardwood leading to a basket way behind him ill try and take a pic and post it.

Peace
Scottie
do it
pimp.gif

please nike retro the olympic colorway. these with nubuck are still appreciated though

Here ya go Ninja heres the Scottie ad and a JKidd and Penny one from the same series of ads I believe theres David Robinson one to for the Air Strong but dont have it to hand.

Ive thrown in a couple of old 94 skidmark ads I have up aswell for the Air Max CW and Air Max2 Uptempos didnt wanna start a new post just for them.

Enjoy

Peace
Scottie

pimp.gif
BabyfacedAssassin31 wrote:

Here ya go Ninja heres the Scottie ad and a JKidd and Penny one from the same series of ads I believe theres David Robinson one to for the Air Strong but dont have it to hand.

Ive thrown in a couple of old 94 skidmark ads I have up aswell for the Air Max CW and Air Max2 Uptempos didnt wanna start a new post just for them.

Enjoy

Peace
Scottie

holy crap those are dope!

pimp.gif

*rightclick saved as*

Those ads are absolutely sick. Each of those shoes in those ads needs a proper retro with the right attention to detail and the right shape, air bubbles, etc... I think the reason the Air Max2 Uptempos (Dukes) didn't sell out like crazy when they dropped is because the shape was a little off and they changed the colors. Same with the Webbers. It would be nice to have the CW on the back tab, but more important, just use the right materials, keep the air bubbles intact and drop the white/navy and the og black/royal and white/black/red colorways and that's it. Last time they retroed, they didn't give us one OG colorway.

BA my man you're killing me!
Those Black AM2 Uptempos NEED TO DROP NIKE!
Not now,but RIGHT NOW!

Glad u like the pics guys there all from an English bball mag called NBA XXL that was monthly during the 90s it was linked to the NBA being shown on TV here one of the 4 presenters being SCOOP Jackson always kept us upto date with threads and sneakers comin out.

I have the Webbers from when they retroed first time around 02/03 in the OG white/blue and apart from his logo being replaced they were really good,also have the Air Max 2 Uptempos in the "Duke" colourway I refer to them as Uconns though as pretty much the whole team rocked em and to me yes the yellows duller n they switched the mesh round but there beautiful all blacks need to retro 4sure.

Pennys have been done pretty good,Zoom 95s shoulda dropped in at least 1 more OG colourway and lets hope the Mores come out as close to the OG as they can.

A shoe not talked about much on here that I love to needs to be retroed the OG Uptempo shoe simply called Air Uptempo rocked by Pip himself in the black/white very underated sneaker.
Peace
Scottie

Remember the first day of highschool, you could tell which kids had money (who from families who weren't as affluent)...

Cuz you had the Air More's and the downtakes Air Much.

Couldn't hate cuz my broke @%$ had the Air Slants from 8th grade. Haha.

Any who...

The prominent AIR logo always came off to a tad too ostentatious and obstructive for my liking...

But i'll cop for about a bill for gym and nostalgic reasons (i'ma big guy so they won't look too foreign on a fella).

Nubuck material right?

Had the black/white pair when they originally released; can't wait to get a another pair.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom