Nike Air Mowabb QS

A red swoosh?

On the toe?

1627397359585.gif

I was listening to DJ Clark Kent on a podcast, execution/dedication relies on the PLM of a sneaker, pretty much the product manager for a single shoe. Looks like these fell into the hands of the wrong team with no desire to execute original design cues.
I go through the same thing at my work. I’m an industrial designer and not all PLMs I work with favor designers or their consumer; some of them are just looking to cut cost and launch products as fast as they can.
Which IF the consumer says “that’s not the product I’m willing to pay for” and let’s them sit(like the AM96 II) then they have to go back to the drawing board. If it’s garbage, just don’t buy it. When we hurt nikes pocket, they have no choice but to give us what we want.💯

Last edited:
Can you guys see how wide the opening/booties are?
i’ve seen some Japanese site stating that newer one’s upper is nubuck, not suede.

https://architectureandsneakers.com/collections/acg-collection/products/219554200

BTW, although I know I’m the minority, I wouldn’t mind that heel tab that much since I prefer Plus, but simply don’t know what to say about the other loop tho.

Oh okay, I wanted the leather though. Look at the toebox shape too I don't know man, I think I might pass.

It’s from the cardboard insert just like the 2015 had.
Suede or nubuck either way it’s not correct.

478D67A8-AE1A-4E5C-9A7C-2417536D1FE2.jpeg

Hopefully that's the case, but I've seen some other pics without the cardboard and it's still so wide compared to the OGs. I don't know man, I was excited but seeing these pics I'm not really sure if I want them or not.

The neoprene shape is because of a cardboard ankle insert.
The back of the shoe has absolutely no curve to it. Straight up from the sole! Regardless of the cardboard insert, the shape is definitely like a flea market fake😩

Imma say something that a lot of people wont agree with but I feel like the subtle changes they made actually make the shoe look better from a design\aesthetic standpoint.

But we don't want it because no one asked for these additions (epically on classic joints) and more importantly, the emotional attachment some of us older dudes have when it comes to a shoe we've rocked with for 25-30 years. In general, what we want is what we saw when we first laid eyes on em and did a :wow:

What that being said, I like em and IMO the changes arent as egregious as say the Flightposite 1 sole. I hope to scope up some of the colorways.

Imma say something that a lot of people wont agree with but I feel like the subtle changes they made actually make the shoe look better from a design\aesthetic standpoint.

But we don't want it because no one asked for these additions (epically on classic joints) and more importantly, the emotional attachment some of us older dudes have when it comes to a shoe we've rocked with for 25-30 years. In general, what we want is what we saw when we first laid eyes on em and did a :wow:

What that being said, I like em and IMO the changes arent as egregious as say the Flightposite 1 sole. I hope to scope up some of the colorways.

826AB45F-6723-4BAE-B926-D49F687D7CC2.gif

If they just made all of them like the mowabb plus I woulda been cool and not really complained

That front loop is egregious

Back
Top Bottom