Nike Air Pegasus ALL NEW MODELS 30, 31, 32 and up

i guess i am not a worthy nike+ member, i only see the exp14 ids

They aren’t available until 7/30. I LOVE how they’re pulling a #LeBronWatch on the Peg35s! If only we could change the colors, I’d more likely purchase. I’d like to see a Peg30 design on the 35!

I decided to wear the turbos today for my 60 minute MP steady state run. This was inside on the treadmill cuz I slept in an it got hot out. On my Saturday easy run I came to the conclusion that they just weren't as soft and comfortable as my Epic Reacts for 2 hours of easy running, so I wanted to see how they felt at faster paces because they did feel pretty good during some strides. Today I started at 6:15mpm, got down to 5:50mpm towards the end. On the treadmill they feel like a slimmed down VF. They really felt great!! Over the winter I started out doing this run on Monday in streak 6's and again on Friday in VF. I eventually decided that I felt too beat up after doing it in the streak 6s so switched to VF for both mon and fri. I'm now thinking I'll use the turbos for the Monday SS run.

I really think the turbos are good, better than the standard 35, but the only problem I've got with them is that they don't satisfy any specific need for me. For easy recovery running my first choice is still Epic React cuz they are perfectly soft. For faster stuff and for long runs I'm going with the VF for the snap and for the cushioning. For medium stuff I've got Zoom Fly. I think the Turbos could fit the bill for any of these runs. So maybe that's what they're gonna be for me, a utility shoe that I swap in here and there.

Maybe if they had full ZoomX and a carbon fiber plate, or at least just a carbon fiber plate, they'd be a true replacement for my ZF and potentially for training that I'd normally due in VF, but they don't, so oh well...

^ ^ ^
i'd just replace the VF with the Turbos and use the VFs strictly for races unless you got a few for rotation

keep an eye out for the ZF2s, it's gon' have full react and flyknit upper along with the same plate, that could be a true replacement for VFs for training days

I decided to wear the turbos today for my 60 minute MP steady state run. This was inside on the treadmill cuz I slept in an it got hot out. On my Saturday easy run I came to the conclusion that they just weren't as soft and comfortable as my Epic Reacts for 2 hours of easy running, so I wanted to see how they felt at faster paces because they did feel pretty good during some strides. Today I started at 6:15mpm, got down to 5:50mpm towards the end. On the treadmill they feel like a slimmed down VF. They really felt great!! Over the winter I started out doing this run on Monday in streak 6's and again on Friday in VF. I eventually decided that I felt too beat up after doing it in the streak 6s so switched to VF for both mon and fri. I'm now thinking I'll use the turbos for the Monday SS run.

I really think the turbos are good, better than the standard 35, but the only problem I've got with them is that they don't satisfy any specific need for me. For easy recovery running my first choice is still Epic React cuz they are perfectly soft. For faster stuff and for long runs I'm going with the VF for the snap and for the cushioning. For medium stuff I've got Zoom Fly. I think the Turbos could fit the bill for any of these runs. So maybe that's what they're gonna be for me, a utility shoe that I swap in here and there.

Maybe if they had full ZoomX and a carbon fiber plate, or at least just a carbon fiber plate, they'd be a true replacement for my ZF and potentially for training that I'd normally due in VF, but they don't, so oh well...

Thanks for the input. I don’t have a pair of Turbos yet but am thinking of returning my Epic Reacts. Some reviews indicate the Turbo are great for long runs and after two weeks the sole on my Epic Reacts are seeing a lot of wear on the lateral side of the sole due to my supination.

My current rotation is the Peg 35, ZF, VF, Flyknit Streak 6, and the Zoom Elite 9 which I’m going to replace with the 10. I think if I add in the Turbo I should have a great line up to get through the Summer marathon training.

^ ^ ^
i'd just replace the VF with the Turbos and use the VFs strictly for races unless you got a few for rotation

keep an eye out for the ZF2s, it's gon' have full react and flyknit upper along with the same plate, that could be a true replacement for VFs for training days

I've got 4 pairs of VF's, no supply problems to worry about :smile: One pair I've been using exclusively for racing so not too many miles. I plan on grabbing another pair(s) when the next model comes out.

But yeah, I've got high hopes for the ZF2 with react. I really like the plate in both the ZF and VF because I've had issues with metatarsal stress fractures and I feel like the plate stiffens up the shoe exactly in that spot, my toes and forefoot get some help from the plate.

Thanks for the heads up on the ZF2s. Now I have to decide to either pick up the peg turbos or wait for the ZF2s. Any idea on pricing?

You out west, by chance? Been killer out here in LA. And this Wednesday is supposed to be 90F+, even near Long Beach.

You out west, by chance? Been killer out here in LA. And this Wednesday is supposed to be 90F+, even near Long Beach.

Bruh 113 here in Vegas this week...We’re hitting that 90 at 3 ~ 4 in the morning before the sun even comes up...Safe to say I’m on a treadmill for at least the next couple weeks out here...

There is a seller on Ebay that got the black Pegasus Turbos for 240 shipped... never thought I would pay resell for a running shoe:emoji_confused:

ndc has the turbos coming soon: https://www.nike.com/t/zoom-pegasus-turbo-mens-running-shoe-Z163c3

weird that the illustration doesn't even mention react
123.png

Attachments

• 123.png
    123.png
    178.9 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
I just saw a video on YT bringing up the same report. If React is in the shoe, I’d think this would be mentioned.

The only source that says there is React is RunnersWorld. I assume they spoke to a reputable source, but seems odd they are the only one putting this out there.
Running Warehouse updated its description to mention React. Might be Nike's marketing team and product development team not communicating well enough. Or just a stupid attempt to fool people. Probably the latter.

I just saw a video on YT bringing up the same report. If React is in the shoe, I’d think this would be mentioned.

The only source that says there is React is RunnersWorld. I assume they spoke to a reputable source, but seems odd they are the only one putting this out there.

Running warehouse as well:

https://www.runningwarehouse.com/Nike_Zoom_Pegasus_35_Turbo/descpage-NP35MT1.html

Edit: The white lugs on the outsole of my turbos are getting the same abbrasion/wear pattern as my epic reacts. That's only the outsole. Believe what you want, but my $$$ is still on the lower half of the midsole being react. It seems to have a different density than the upper half, my VF4%'s have consistent feel above and below the midsole seam. Pic of the lugs on my Turbo outsole:

upload_2018-7-24_11-34-19.png
upload_2018-7-24_11-49-13.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom