Nike Air Pegasus ALL NEW MODELS 30, 31, 32 and up

Fam I’m interested in hearing your opinion on the best shoe for a casual street runner. Casual translates to 10-15 miles a week.

1. Zoom Fly
2. React
3. Pegasus 35
I have the Odyssey React and the Pegasus 35. I run about the same distance you do. Between the two, I think the React foam is more "fun" to run in. But both are good shoes. It just depends on which feel you're going for. The React foam is very cushiony and bouncy but the Odyssey's upper is pretty tight and some people don't like it. I had to go up a half size. The Pegasus as a little firmer cushioning and a more conventional upper. I like the flare on the heel collar as previous Pegasus' rubbed my achilles a little.

Neither is perfect, in the Odyssey the React is a little thin at the toe and sometimes I feel that when Im running. The React foam is also supposedly temperature sensitive -- squishy in the heat and rock-hard in the cold. I haven't noticed it because I'M temperature sensitive too and so I've been running on the treadmill this summer. It might not be so fun when the winter comes along. The Pegasus has a little higher arch (or its more noticeable because it's firmer) and every once in a while that bugs me. But all running shoes have tradeoffs.

Personally, I'd start with the Pegasus because I'd rate it as a "standard" neutral running shoe. It's in the same category as the Brooks Ghost. But if you don't like the fit, then take it back and try a React-based shoe.

Fam I’m interested in hearing your opinion on the best shoe for a casual street runner. Casual translates to 10-15 miles a week.

1. Zoom Fly
2. React
3. Pegasus 35
I don't really think there's a 'best' per se. I like cushioning, so I'd go VF 4% > Turbos > Epic React > 35s > ZF.

I need to find someone who is selling an 8.5 for non destructive prices smh. I haven’t really liked the pics of the 2s but the flyknit has me intrigued

I actually just bought a pair of the bright crimson 4% in 8.5 for my wife on StockX for $315. It seems randomly people need to get rid of them and decent prices pop up. Saw 10.5 go for $290 about a week ago. I was tempted but I now plan on waiting until fall when they come out with the flyknit version.

1. Zoom Fly
2. React
3. Pegasus 35

Pegasus 35. It's durable, soft yet responsive, and from a proven lineage of tried and true design. React isn't bad if you want something softer, but the Zoom Fly isn't really necessary at that mileage (just get the Hoka Clifton for cheaper, at that point).

1. Zoom Fly
2. React
3. Pegasus 35

I'd aim for either the Epic React or the Pegasus 35s. The Epic React is significantly lighter, and it's has an all-around comfort of cushioned, responsive, not too firm and not too soft. The Pegasus 35s are straight up firm and responsive, but it's also great for your normal casual runs despite the heavier weight. I'd say try out those two. If you got a Fleet Feet store nearby or if you want to order, they have a 60-day return policy, and Nike also has a 30-day return policy. They can be returned even if worn.

looks like some stores are getting one pair per size

It seems the black/grey pair will be available on Footsites as well. Hard to believe if they will be limited. Perhaps that "fleet feet albany" store is kinda small shop?

It seems the black/grey pair will be available on Footsites as well. Hard to believe if they will be limited. Perhaps that "fleet feet albany" store is kinda small shop?

All the Fleet Feet stores are getting a small amount, but the major retailers should have an abundance, I think. Either that, or Extra Butter NY is doing a raffle for these shoes for a reason we don't know of...

at least it is confirmed the blk/wht is dropping on the 2nd, now if we could see the third colorway RW has...

Shout out to the local Fleet Feet for the early launch! I decided to go 1/2 size up on these for casual wear, and also for occasional running use if I'm either looking to run in a black colorway or need that bit of extra space for my feet. After giving my Barely Grey/Hot Punch color some wear, they do fit almost about the same as the regular Pegasus 35s where I went 1/2 size up on those, too. Mind you, I also wear thick socks on a daily basis, including my running socks. With thin socks, TTS like a charm.

42779938995_2a9b53a5ac_b.jpg

Flipped on (RED) laces...
42779940715_bc5f20a599_b.jpg

42779939495_8898455cd2_b.jpg

Non-translucent (just grey) outsole
42779940055_74c991dded_b.jpg

Good luck, I know how it is. Do you own a pair of zoom flys or 4% even? I would use them for the pt test. You AF? It’s still 1.5 mile right?
I’m AF and use the vaporflys for the 1.5 mile run PT test. Running the San Francisco Marathon in them this weekend as well!

Purchased Thursday
17 hours of wear and the back started to seperate

Attachments

• 4342C8BB-FC02-4854-9148-C418390E7A13.jpeg
    4342C8BB-FC02-4854-9148-C418390E7A13.jpeg
    272.1 KB · Views: 121
Really intrigued by the peg turbo’s to mix in rotation with epic react. Will keep following along

Uhhhh are you sure?

sorry, its coming soon. this stupid app always has the sizes showing, with "BUY $180"... then when you click it, it says coming soon :smh:

I just saw the add to bag button being black with all the sizes and thought it was back.

Sounds like the turbos will be plentiful come Thursday. Nike rep didn’t indicate what colorways were dropping tho.

So I wanted to give you guys an update on my impressions of the shoes so far now that I've had a chance to try it out on the track and on the road. I likely won't plan to write up a review like I've done for previous shoes, but I'll try to update over time. By the way, this might be flawed and lack some details, so if there's anything you'd like to know, just ask me! :smile:

FOR RUNNING
When I did my normal 3-miler/5K run on the road, the shoes felt great. Didn't expect to go to 8:24/mi, but the route was a big factor since I ran around where I work at not near my house last Tuesday morning since it was an entirely flat route. The ride was stable and the ZoomX cushioning was solid. It definitely felt more responsive on the road than on the track due to the different surfaces since concrete has no give while the track does. On the track, I focused on 200m and 400m distances to really give the ZoomX a chance to shine. I was aiming to have my 200m-runs hit 45 seconds and 50 seconds and have my 400ms hit about 1:50. I hovered around those numbers with better numbers... 1:40-1:45 for the 400ms and :50-:52 for the 1st 200m of the sets and 0:42 - 0:45 on the 2nd 200m of the set. However, the difference between doing these in the Vaporflys vs. the Pegasus Turbos is that I felt myself putting more effort to get to those numbers while the Vaporflys allowed me to put in a bit less of an effort. The carbon fiber plate + full ZoomX is truly a missing piece for the intervals. So in a nutshell, the Pegasus Turbos felt GOOD on the track, but GREAT on the road. The ZoomX is definitely not as responsive on the track, but it is a bit of what I expected when it comes to running on the road. Although Nike advertises ZoomX as having the greatest amount of energy return at 85%, it most certainly does NOT feel like 85%. As Runner's World mentioned, they got 69% of energy return, and I can agree that the real-world measurement seems about right. Regardless, I still really enjoy the shoes and will likely make rotation adjustments for the track, but one thing I can say is that it has a very nice ride for the daily runs and uptempo runs. I can't comment on long runs since I no longer do long runs. *EDIT: Forgot to say that this shoe is definitely dynamic for the variety of paces you put in a shoe, and for THAT reason, it's better than the Epic React. I've had a few people ask me how it is compared to the Epic React for runnng, and I say it is better in this field for sure.

FOR CASUAL USE
So while these shoes are solid/great for running, CASUALLY? Well... it is not great. It's honestly JUST pretty good. ZoomX is a foam where the more applied energy you put on a strike, the more it'll push back. That layer of React FEELS like a "thin layer" of React like Nike once mentioned on their site. I know that the damn Ultra Boost is THE shoe to compare it to. For running, it's SOOOOO MUCH more worthy of that conversation. For casual use... just wear your Ultra Boosts or Reacts or whatever you wear. YouTuber Hes Kicks says that it's better than Boost for his opinion, and that's fine for what he thinks, but I PERSONALLY think that it is casually not even better than the Epic Reacts. I find my feet actually tired after a long day's worth of wear. To me, it looks better than the Epic Reacts, but it doesn't feel as great as React, which is why Nike's making such a heavy push with the React foam and now I see it. IF ANYTHING, save the bit of cash and buy a pair of the Epic Reacts or even $50+ for the Pegasus 35s (unless you really dig the Pegasus Turbo silhouette like I do), because the cushioning will be consistent with responsiveness, and it'll always be there no matter how slow you walk or how fast you run. ZoomX works when you apply more pressure on the strike. I'll break it down like this...

- ZoomX > React for being dynamic during a run (supports a nice cushioned ride for running slower while getting more responsive as you go faster)
- React > ZoomX for casual use by far and for consistent cushioning for a run of your choice (it'll primarily stay the same throughout)

Overall, let the Pegasus Turbos eat up miles on the road or the track by runners. These are very beneficial for running and what runners are seeking for since it's THE trainer while the Vaporfly 4% is THE racer.

For casual wearers, just look elsewhere.

Last edited:
Right now, it looks like nothing is touching the VF4%. I’m interested in reading more about the Turbo vs. Zoom Fly.

Last edited:
Right now, it looks like nothing is touching the VF4%. I’m interested in reading more about the Turbo vs. Zoom Fly.

You're right, yes. Running in the Vaporfly 4% is still on a whole other level, but I wouldn't discount the Pegasus Turbos too far off. I do want to emphasize that it is definitely a DYNAMIC shoe, and it can help get the job done and then some. The Vaporfly 4% has one goal, and that's to break your own barriers. That carbon fiber plate + ZoomX underneath your feet is saying, "Hell nah, we ain't slowing down."

Back
Top Bottom