Nike Air Pegasus ALL NEW MODELS 30, 31, 32 and up

Image may contain: shoes

Your pic? If so..how do they feel? Low to the ground? How’s the react density?

since its the takedown of the pegasus, it probably wont come out til the next pegs are on the shelves

Picked these up yesterday at my local run shop. Just put 8 miles on a rough dirt road in the Wildhorse 6’s. As for first impressions, the React used on the WH6 is perfect: soft enough to absorb the terrain and feel truly cushioned on feet but firm enough to keep you moving forward. Fit is TTS for Nike running. Haven’t run in the Kiger 6’s yet but initial fit of the upper is better than the 5’s. Less slop in forefoot and you don’t have to lace them as tight as the 5’s.

7982625E-0481-4A8E-B149-AC6BBF2285A8.jpeg
991D9B5A-C9E0-40BF-BBB8-4FFCF55FE7E8.jpeg

For YEARS, I’ve been running to get faster, which I have. However, I’m not at the level where I want to be. I have obsessed over getting my all time NRC average pace down, my pace average for each individual run, negative splits, etc. Now, I’m trying lowHR training (maff). I guess it’s because I rarely ran actual organized races. This past year and half that changed, and I’m focusing on “competing”. I don’t really care for the medals. I’m more into personal improvement, PRs and my overall place. Preparation for races would mean adhering to actual training plans, scheduling a variety of different intensity runs, nutrition, etc.

With this training, I need let go of my running ego, and focusing on long term gains, race performance for PRs and BQing. Usually, when I’m running wherever I’m at (races, training runs on different terrain), I try to run pass the person in front me because it gets me going like a source of motivation. This time, I need to be okay with people passing me up and holding back, which is a big challenge for me right now in these earlier stages.

My all time average NRC pace is definitely going to take a hit, but I’m okay with that with BIG PICTURE in mind of running fast paces (6min/mi) for a long duration at a low HR.

Attachments

• 21CC5B40-BBE2-4738-B4CB-52716D38F4CB.jpeg
    21CC5B40-BBE2-4738-B4CB-52716D38F4CB.jpeg
    681.4 KB · Views: 100
  • AAA4BF54-20A4-41F1-AE06-D2981F500CA1.jpeg
    AAA4BF54-20A4-41F1-AE06-D2981F500CA1.jpeg
    42.8 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
For YEARS, I’ve been running to get faster, which I have. However, I’m not at the level where I want to be. I have obsessed over getting my all time NRC average pace down, my pace average for each individual run, negative splits, etc. Now, I’m trying lowHR training (maff). I guess it’s because I rarely ran actual organized races. This past year and half that changed, and I’m focusing on “competing”. I don’t really care for the medals. I’m more into personal improvement, PRs and my overall place. Preparation for races would mean adhering to actual training plans, scheduling a variety of different intensity runs, nutrition, etc.

With this training, I need let go of my running ego, and focusing on long term gains, race performance for PRs and BQing. Usually, when I’m running wherever I’m at (races, training runs on different terrain), I try to run pass the person in front me because it gets me going like a source of motivation. This time, I need to be okay with people passing me up and holding back, which is a big challenge for me right now in these earlier stages.

My all time average NRC pace is definitely going to take a hit, but I’m okay with that with BIG PICTURE in mind of running fast paces (6min/mi) for a long duration at a low HR.

have that same mindset as you on passing people up and running at a quick pace but after the LA marathon and Nike half next month, I’m gonna try to work on the same training as you too. best of luck to you!

w t f ...

1583388875469.jpeg

1583389347176.jpeg

Running brand Hoka is releasing the biggest shoe in the marketplace on Thursday. The shoe is so big you can’t even drive in it.

1583389049572.jpeg

The Hoka One One (pronounced: o-nay o-nay) Tennine (pronounced: ten nine) is designed to make downhill running easier and faster. The Hoka One One Tennine will be available in select stores and online beginning on Thursday at a cost of $250. $250

1583389098499.jpeg

“It has a really unique ride,” Hoka President Wendy Yang told CNBC. “The Tennine provides greater ground contact area, it improves stability and grip, and the geometry is designed to manage the impact differently.”

1583388917430.jpeg

w t f ...

1583388875469.jpeg

1583389347176.jpeg

Running brand Hoka is releasing the biggest shoe in the marketplace on Thursday. The shoe is so big you can’t even drive in it.

1583389049572.jpeg

The Hoka One One (pronounced: o-nay o-nay) Tennine (pronounced: ten nine) is designed to make downhill running easier and faster. The Hoka One One Tennine will be available in select stores and online beginning on Thursday at a cost of $250. $250

1583389098499.jpeg

“It has a really unique ride,” Hoka President Wendy Yang told CNBC. “The Tennine provides greater ground contact area, it improves stability and grip, and the geometry is designed to manage the impact differently.”

1583388917430.jpeg
Downhill kills quads. That’s pretty much the only downside to me about downhills. Not sure how a shoe can fix that. I love Hoka, but I’ll stick to my Wildhorse

Have you considered adding more gym work or reaching out to professional athletes at the distance you run? I'm in touch with a few sprinters on Instagram and they're always very helpful in regards to form and the like. Watch their workouts and ask questions about them.

Have you considered adding more gym work or reaching out to professional athletes at the distance you run? I'm in touch with a few sprinters on Instagram and they're always very helpful in regards to form and the like. Watch their workouts and ask questions about them.

core strength is very important in running i feel

i think a lot of people who runs do not think or consider doing other workouts, even weighted ones to improve their runs

P90X3 has this dynamix that i really like, its about elongating and active stretches

i also like doing plyos, yogas and some isometrix works

and i think most do foamrolling these days

illustrayt illustrayt for 2024 olympic trials?

LOL nahhhh. Just BQing. What I noticed from my most recent LowHR run is that it got BORING AF. At points, I really got sleepy lol. I also noticed that my resting HR has been in the high40s/low50s lately.

The major con is the time consumption of these type of runs. Usually, I’m done with my workout within an hour (warm-up/ cool down included). These type of runs take a lot of extra time, which I could be doing something else. This is transition will definitely be difficult in these early stages.

I figured to bypass my NRC average pace from taking a hit is to log my lowHR runs as a “Walk” on my garmin. Doing this will bring up another dilemma. A goal for 2020 was to reach the Volt level on NRC. My chances of accomplishing that would wane if I don’t log those miles...

Last edited:
from what ive read, that seems to be the biggest detractor of the maff system

if you've been running fast and hard, the slow pace gets boring and somewhat difficult for others to maintain at times

time aspect sucks too but its probably best to do this type of run on a scenic route where you just run and can get distracted, on a track i could imagine it feeling like chore

My situation right now for M-F only allows me to run at night, which is why I try to finish as soon as possible then have dinner/hypervolt and then knockout for work the following morning. I work in DTSF, so I may try to figure out a way to run directly after work and run along the scenic embarcedero. Usually, I take public transportation to get to my car then drive off to the track that could take an hour.

I think my training plan for my upcoming races will not be exclusively lowHR runs. I’ll definitely be throwing in my usual harder effort runs in there too.

damn, thats a lot of travel time to run, it might be quicker and easier if you just ran home :lol:

and man, not really sure if hoka is serious about these $250 trails

1583443141315.png

1583443156412.png

1583443166593.png

1583443176315.png

1583443218132.png

damn, thats a lot of travel time to run, it might be quicker and easier if you just ran home :lol:

and man, not really sure if hoka is serious about these $250 trails

1583443141315.png

1583443156412.png

1583443166593.png

1583443176315.png

1583443218132.png

my guy Douglas Funnie with those is clowning 😂

I think my training plan for my upcoming races will not be exclusively lowHR runs. I’ll definitely be throwing in my usual harder effort runs in there too.
I follow Kofuzi who is also taking on Maff and I just don’t see myself being able to consistently run 9 - 10 minute miles. I rarely run over 7 minute pace but with little kids and work I have limited time to train. My approach is to make every run count. This has worked well for me as I’ve been able to run a 1:10 half and 2:40 marathon on this training approach. I’ve underperformed at the marathon distance. In the future when I have more time to train, I should make some big gains.

Nike Pegasus 37

Nike Pegasus 37

The tool encasing is much like its counterpart, the EXP-X14. Like the EXP, the Pegasus 37 is said to feature the React foam in its cushioning setup. Twitter user Sneak Leaks — known for posting on running shoe prototypes — shared that the Pegasus 37 will use the React foam.

Late in January, user swooshweartester wrote on LetsRun that they had worn and tested the Pegasus 37 sometime in 2019.

nike pegasus 37 - leak sheet

The user wrote that the shoe was exactly what the photos in the online threads showed — “beefed up” and with react midsole. They went on to write that the shoe felt like they were wearing a Vomero.

Nike Pegasus 37

The Pegasus 37 is rumored to have carbon plates.

It is said that the Pegasus 37 will have carbon plate and zoom units, which could make it a simpler version of the Alphafly.

The leaks state that new Pegasus is expected to be released in June for Nike+ and others. With the React foam, Nike can look forward to drawing more runners to the Pegasus.

Back
Top Bottom