Nike Air Pegasus ALL NEW MODELS 30, 31, 32 and up

Anyone run in the FKRs and Zoom Streak (5, 6 or Flyknit versions)? If so, how do they compare?

I've tried a pair on, but I'm unsure if I'll actually run in them though. I've been having really good runs with forefoot Zoom shoes (Peg33s, Elite8s and, my favorite of all time, the FKRs), so the Zoom placement (heel) in the Streaks keeps me away. Then again, I see A LOT of elites/fast runners wearing the Streaks. It makes me wonder why Zoom in the heel is more beneficial than having it in the forefoot for them. :nerd:

Last edited:
Anyone run in the FKRs and Zoom Streak (5, 6 or Flyknit versions)? If so, how do they compare?

I've tried a pair on, but I'm unsure if I'll actually run in them though. I've been having really good runs with forefoot Zoom shoes (Peg33s, Elite8s and, my favorite of all time, the FKRs), so the Zoom placement (heel) in the Streaks keeps me away. Then again, I see A LOT of elites/fast runners wearing the Streaks. It makes me wonder why Zoom in the heel is more beneficial than having it in the forefoot for them. :nerd:

I wore the Flyknit Streak 6 for the Chicago Marathon and they performed well. I like the fit of these over the Flyknit Racer as I feel the upper locks my foot in better. I generally run in zoom based shoes and didn't have a problem with the lack of forefoot zoom even though I'm a forefoot striker.

I also prefer the Flyknit version of the Streak 6 over the engineered mesh version as the heel is more comfortable.

I'm eyeing a pair of Streak5s and OC Flyknit Streaks right now. As a forefoot striker, I fear that won't have the same "reponsiveness/explosiveness" when I run in them...

Last edited:
I'm eyeing a pair of Streak5s and OC Flyknit Streaks right now. As a forefoot striker, I fear that won't have the same "reponsiveness/explosiveness" when I run in them...

I tried a pair of the Streak 5 when they were released a few years ago and returned them as I wasn't impressed.

I think you'll feel fast and explosive running in the Flyknit Streak 6. If you were ok with the forefoot set up in the Pegasus 32 you'll like these as they have a similar yet faster feel.

If your main concern is forefoot zoom air, you should also consider the Elite 9. I know you're not a fan of the looks but from a performance standpoint it sounds like it's what you're looking for.

Tried out the LunarGlides just to see how they would feel on foot and they were ok. I could tell that I definitely did not need the extra support so ill probably be sticking to my Pegasus 33s. Definitely the best runners out as well as my favorite

Zoom Pegasus 34
They look pretty solid. We'll see how the new laces are I personally haven't had a problem with them coming undone but the removal of reflectivity of the full back in place of the small reflective strip kind of sucks

For those that like the Zoom Streaks. Nike been dropping some nice c/w's of both Flyknit and non-flyknit

I really like the Zoom Streak 6's. I like the look way better than the flyknit version, but I know the durability isn't as good. Any info on Zoom Streak 7's????[emoji]128064[/emoji][emoji]128064[/emoji][emoji]128064[/emoji][emoji]128064[/emoji][emoji]128064[/emoji]

I really like the Zoom Streak 6's. I like the look way better than the flyknit version, but I know the durability isn't as good. Any info on Zoom Streak 7's????[emoji]128064[/emoji][emoji]128064[/emoji][emoji]128064[/emoji][emoji]128064[/emoji][emoji]128064[/emoji]

The Streak 6 was released last year so I wouldn't expect a new model yet especially since the Vaporfly will be releasing this summer.

Nike's racing shoes don't usually receive an annual update except for new color ways. Keep in mind some racing models will go the full Olympic cycle before a new model is released.

What is cushlon? Is that new?
Cushlon is basically just Nike's carrier foam, a variant of the standard EVA foam. It's more durable than Lunarlon and is used as a more wear-resistant outer casing for it. It is also used as the carrier foam for their Zoom Air units. It's probably over 10 years old, at this point, but doesn't get as much press as Nike's more unique cushioning systems.

While racing models are not usually updated on a yearly basis, like training models, if you're looking for something a little different, the Zoom Speed Rival 6 just came out. It has a bit more heel cushion than the Zoom Streak, sitting somewhere between the Streak and the Pegasus 32 (heel Zoom only).

http://www.runningwarehouse.com/Nik..._Shoes_Crimson_White_Red/descpage-NSR6W1.html

Last edited:
nightrunner nightrunner thanks! I think I will just try to get a least 1 pair of streak 6s at a good price. I have just started running, I'm currently using the 1st gen flyknit free, and flyknit racers. Since I currently only have one pair of flyknit racers I want to save them for casual use and replace the racing flat with the Streak 6. For my everyday runner, i'm leaning towards either the zoom Pegasus 34 or the Saucony Freedom ISO.

Those speed rivals are :pimp: Finally, I think I can use a good looking sole for some flyknit racer swaps.

Cushlon is basically just Nike's carrier foam, a variant of the standard EVA foam. It's more durable than Lunarlon and is used as a more wear-resistant outer casing for it. It is also used as the carrier foam for their Zoom Air units. It's probably over 10 years old, at this point, but doesn't get as much press as Nike's more unique cushioning systems.

Thanks, repped. I wonder if Nike is going to put the ZoomX in Pegs. I am curious on how that will feel.

Thanks, repped. I wonder if Nike is going to put the ZoomX in Pegs. I am curious on how that will feel.
I would imagine they might put it in the 35 or 37. The Pegasus' midsole only gets updated every other year. If they do, I think it would coincide with bumping the price up to $120, the baseline price for a standard running trainer, these days.

Back
Top Bottom