Nike Air Pegasus ALL NEW MODELS 30, 31, 32 and up

Shield Pegasus 37 by you coming soon on ndc. I was actually just shopping for shield or GTX shoes and chose the winflo 6 shields mostly for their price (and rain/snow repellancy) but I am curious how similar the cushioning will be to my favorite peg 33/34s.

I have to say, I was skeptical about the Peg37 because of the weight increase over the 35/36, but the react and forefoot air bag combo is really working for me. I’ve been logging a ton of miles in them lately, doing all kinds of runs - recovery, Fartlek, tempo, LR, etc. They’ve become my work horses as of late. They do seem to need 30’ish miles before they break in though.

I had grabbed a pair of Peg36 shield at dirt cheap for this winter (wisconsin - 🥶🧊❄) but I might just have to relegate those to casual wear and grab these Peg37 shields once they’re out.

1598831167340.png

Would you say these are a like Tempo Next% Jr?
Aside from zoom pods and stack height, the setup is the same with zoom in front and react in the back right?

Would you say these are a like Tempo Next% Jr?
Aside from zoom pods and stack height, the setup is the same with zoom in front and react in the back right?
Not really.

The Tempo Next have ZoomX and Zoom Air in the forefoot as well as a composite plate.

The Peg 37 have a full React midsole with an air pocket inside the React.

Aside from the difference in materials, the Peg 37 is a softer shoe. Many think the Peg 37 is versatile and can handle easy runs as well as some up tempo work. Most reviewers think the Tempo Next are not too versatile and only good for fast running. I kind of disagree with this but need to put more miles in my pair to get a better feel for them.

I have both and like to rotate them throughout the week.

Not really.

The Tempo Next have ZoomX and Zoom Air in the forefoot as well as a composite plate.

The Peg 37 have a full React midsole with an air pocket inside the React.

Aside from the difference in materials, the Peg 37 is a softer shoe. Many think the Peg 37 is versatile and can handle easy runs as well as some up tempo work. Most reviewers think the Tempo Next are not too versatile and only good for fast running. I kind of disagree with this but need to put more miles in my pair to get a better feel for them.

I have both and like to rotate them throughout the week.

Thanks.

i have the Tempo Next%, and totally different and not as versatile as the Infinity Run, but I also only have like 20mi on the Tempo compared to the 800mi on the Infinity. So I may just need to break them in OR plated shoes may just not be for me.

I was thinking about grabbing the Pegasus to see where it falls.

Ive also seen the mock up drawings of the Zoom Invincible, Infinity Run 2 and another shoe in some of the other running threads...not sure how close/far away they are from release though.

Thanks.

i have the Tempo Next%, and totally different and not as versatile as the Infinity Run, but I also only have like 20mi on the Tempo compared to the 800mi on the Infinity. So I may just need to break them in OR plated shoes may just not be for me.

I was thinking about grabbing the Pegasus to see where it falls.

Ive also seen the mock up drawings of the Zoom Invincible, Infinity Run 2 and another shoe in some of the other running threads...not sure how close/far away they are from release though.
I’d recommend the Peg 37 if the Infinity works for you and you want a new shoe now. I think someone mentioned early 2021 for the Infinity 2 and Invincible but who knows as release dates and supply in 2020 we’re impacted by COVID.

I like the infinity a lot. The peg 37 not so much. I thought they would be close, but that wasn't the case for me. I feel like the peg trail 2 is like a rugged version of the infinity though. Wide base, lots of react, and no zoom.

I’d recommend the Peg 37 if the Infinity works for you and you want a new shoe now. I think someone mentioned early 2021 for the Infinity 2 and Invincible but who knows as release dates and supply in 2020 we’re impacted by COVID.
I like the infinity a lot. The peg 37 not so much. I thought they would be close, but that wasn't the case for me. I feel like the peg trail 2 is like a rugged version of the infinity though. Wide base, lots of react, and no zoom.

Have either of you tried the React Miler? Thinking about getting one of the shield versions of the Miler or Peg37...

Infinity Run is my workhorse.

Nike, take my money on them GTX Peg Trail 2's! :nthat:

There was a wheat colorway floating around, are those still scheduled to drop?

I see that the Peg Trail 2 GTX are up on Nike.ca for $210 CAD. Converting it, I'm guessing it'll be $160 USD unless the price has been confirmed already. I'm looking to replace my VaporMax Run Utility from 2018 for the days of bad weather.

I see that the Peg Trail 2 GTX are up on Nike.ca for $210 CAD. Converting it, I'm guessing it'll be $160 USD unless the price has been confirmed already. I'm looking to replace my VaporMax Run Utility from 2018 for the days of bad weather.

I wish there was a way to order off Nike Canada to get shipped to the US lol

Back
Top Bottom