Nike Air Raid Retro?!?! please

Screenshot_20200820_092250.jpg

uxyyyguutvheg5yaiff3.jpg
man thats sad. no way id pay anywhere near retail for those!

this colorways has been released 4 times previously right?

and this is the first time the black leather piece appears. like come on nike quit ****ing around.

that **** really alters the smoothness of the shoe

they have done some weird **** like this before remember they made the heel leather on the white black with blue straps pair? 😂

man thats sad. no way id pay anywhere near retail for those!
You KNOW Nike always jacks things up. :lol:

Changes the shoe. No damn good.
this colorways has been released 4 times previously right?

and this is the first time the black leather piece appears. like come on nike quit ****ing around.

that **** really alters the smoothness of the shoe

I'll keep an eye out and MAYBE buy a pair if they stick around for deep disco.

I think I'm at a point, finally, where I should just wear and enjoy the **** I have. If they aren't going to give us good materials, that's bad enough. But this constant changing of little yet big stuff on niche retros like this, for no reason, is infuriating. EFFING infuriating.

I was super close to getting a pair at my local Jimmy Jazz here in PG county. I called and asked if they have a size 11 and they said yes. As I got there, all sizes were sold out..smh. Guy getting the last pair was ringing up his pair was the last one...smh. I just ended up getting a pair off the GOAT app.

Waiting for them to hit NDC with the description "an exact re issue of the original, stitch for stitch" so at least I can walk away with a good laugh from this release.

Hey, at least they give these the same square toe, too, that they give to most Jordan retros.

I'm not letting Nike off the hook here, but I am starting to wonder if the old sloped, rounded toes were as much a product of the manufacturing capabilities/practices of the day as much as they were actually intended design cues. It would be fascinating to hear from someone like Tinker as to whether or not he intentionally intended geometries like that in his designs, or if they just came out of the factories like that. If he'd give an honest answer, that is.

That said, I'm out on these and not because of that; I just can't get down with that black toe piece the more I think about it and look at the pics. The gray is what always appealed to me as much as anything about the OG Raids. The top-down view is a lot different now. Are those FoG Raids still releasing in this colorway? Rather have those now.

I really don’t understand why Nike can’t get that toebox right on their retros anymore. What happened?? Look at the great slant and overall shape of the OG. Then the banana retro!?!?

OG
626BE104-D6EE-4523-95FB-AD8E6B7064E7.jpeg

6E163484-C5DD-42B2-A372-541DB128BD77.jpeg

I was off on the FOG Raids when I heard about these...that changed back after seeing these pics.

its ****ing weird. like people dont buy mid tops? makes no ****ing sense
The cynic in me has always thought, let's see, reduce the size of the shoe, reduce the amount of material required to produce each pair. Multiply that small savings by a few hundred-thousand pairs, and you increase your profit margin. Or they're just total ****bags LOL

I really don’t understand why Nike can’t get that toebox right on their retros anymore. What happened?? Look at the great slant and overall shape of the OG. Then the banana retro!?!?

OG
626BE104-D6EE-4523-95FB-AD8E6B7064E7.jpeg

6E163484-C5DD-42B2-A372-541DB128BD77.jpeg
The top one is actually Air Raid 2.

Back
Top Bottom