Nike Air Tuned Max retro in 2019?

These are the reason I brought the Skepta's, I'm probably gonna sell them after I get these b/c these are the main reason I got those.

Same. Only reason Skeptas resonated so much.

Skeptas are very good so no knock against them. but if these are better or at least equal in terms of comfort, Skeptas can be sold (to buy an extra of these lol).

These drop in two days..

giphy.gif

This is the one of the 3 Air Maxes I wish would come back (the others are the Air Max2 94 and my absolute favorite Air Max 96 from the Atlanta Olympics, the green and blue). These are something very tempting for me but i may be hated for saying it. These looked off to me for something and in the other thread about what one wants retroed, someone posted an OG pic. Then I see it.

OG
1612408010513.png

Retro
NIKE-TUNED-MAX-DARK-CHARCOAL-CV6984-001_8.jpg

The color they used doesn't have that green shimmer/glow as the OG did. It's close and they are close, but that and the heel counter is a darker green and the air max bubble was green where this is the other color. They do look good and maybe in better lighting they may have that "alien green glow. I may have to try for a pair. Depends on how limited they are. Don't hate my reply, just pointing out something that I couldn't figure it out until I saw the OG

Eu date is 16/3

Yeah, that's for EU. that's why i specified US date.

The color they used doesn't have that green shimmer/glow as the OG did. It's close and they are close, but that and the heel counter is a darker green and the air max bubble was green where this is the other color. They do look good and maybe in better lighting they may have that "alien green glow. I may have to try for a pair. Depends on how limited they are. Don't hate my reply, just pointing out something that I couldn't figure it out until I saw the OG

told a friend this a few days ago. definitely missing the patina of the OG. The Skeptas look better in that regard.

guess we'll know for sure once the in-hand pics start to pop up.

This is the one of the 3 Air Maxes I wish would come back (the others are the Air Max2 94 and my absolute favorite Air Max 96 from the Atlanta Olympics, the green and blue). These are something very tempting for me but i may be hated for saying it. These looked off to me for something and in the other thread about what one wants retroed, someone posted an OG pic. Then I see it.

OG
1612408010513.png

Retro
NIKE-TUNED-MAX-DARK-CHARCOAL-CV6984-001_8.jpg

You’re comparing a very aged sneaker to completely fresh version of it. That greener may have came age like copper.

250 cant be retail. Probably just that place or conversion like was mentioned. I found something that pointed to a possible 3/19 date for US but the color was off. I dont even know what EU places are getting these other than that place and I think a link posted somewhere in here before.

You’re comparing a very aged sneaker to completely fresh version of it. That greener may have came age like copper.

I thought so too but I wasn't alone with my thinking. The fellow poster above said the same thing. A lot have said the Skepta pair had more of the greenish hue in that copper color than this pair does. He's the Skepta pair below:
Screenshot_20210224-151841.png

I'm just hoping it's the photo that was used being not in direct light. I'm hopeful they look better than the initial photo.

That said, I'm totally out if the price is $250! That's nuts and I'd rather grab 2 pairs of Scream Green Huarache 91s (retail being $130 per) vs one pair of these (I could grab 3 pairs with my 20% code and $50 GC. VERY tempting vs one pair of these). Let's hope the price is lower than $250.

The OG's had the shine lol. Its not an old shoe thing. When they dropped in 99, the first thing that came to mind was the Gold Flightposite I and the similar effect. It should be there but Nike gonna Nike. That shine almost created a new colorway when its strong.

At least the heel isnt straight up wutang yellow lol.

The OG's had the shine lol. Its not an old shoe thing. When they dropped in 99, the first thing that came to mind was the Gold Flightposite I and the similar effect. It should be there but Nike gonna Nike. That shine almost created a new colorway when its strong.

At least the heel isnt straight up wutang yellow lol.

Instill have my original Flightposites and they always looked like some alien space boot with that alien green hue glowing off it. It's what made me love that shoe!
IMG_20151022_212803.jpg

Back
Top Bottom