Nike Air VaporMax

This shoe is amazing!!! My only concern is the life span with thE actual traction be part of the air unit. I saw the sample of these are year and half ago. Only difference they were using the racer upper.

Something about those singular heel bubbles is slightly repulsive I agree, I like the AVM though

They remind me of these AMs from 2001/2002

When Nike started selling those I thought 'if that's what new models will look like, I don't think I'll ever buy Nikes again'.

Altho they are maybe not that alike...they are still 1st thing i thought of too.

I thought Air Maxes would never be the same again...but then the AM2003 was released and it went back to play it safe shoes.

They remind me of these AMs from 2001/2002.

When Nike started selling those I thought 'if that's what new models will look like, I don't think I'll ever buy Nikes again'.

I still have those 2001 Air Maxes. That heel cushioning unit was referred to as "Tubular Air," it was used in those two shoes and in the basketball shoe, the P-Phaze. Never to be heard from again after those three shoes lol.

They remind me of these AMs from 2001/2002.

Oh man, that bottom pair was one of my favorite pairs of Air Max. Had that silver pair and a pale gold/black with tan sole colorway. I wish they'd re-release them...

That early 2000's era was a dark period for sneaker design. Way too many funky space shoe designs.

Nike Air VaporMax

"The Nike Air VaporMax is an engineering masterpiece: the purest Air cushioning system ever." - Mark Parker

When the original Nike Air Max debuted in 1987, it was the first shoe to showcase a large, visible Air-cushioning unit. In 1995, the Air Max 95 evolved the technology by placing an Air unit along the entire sole. Incremental steps followed, and now Air Max builds upon its nearly 30-year legacy with a leap: the Nike Air VaporMax, which pays off the full promise of Air — to provide lightweight, consistent cushioning that lasts.
The breakthrough came courtesy of new technologies that allow the Nike VaporMax Air unit to act as a standalone outsole. Where previous Air units had to be insulated by a secondary rubber layer for protection and improved durability, new innovation allows designers to incorporate the Air and exterior layer into one holistic VaporMax Air unit. And where previous units needed to be shaped with inflexible structural areas, the new unit can independently maintain its given form, with elasticity.

The former innovation allows additional Air to be integrated into the unit while the latter allows for more extreme Air geometries that enable designers to place even more Air directly underfoot. Together, these capabilities wholly eliminate the need for a traditional foam midsole.
By shedding the weight and bulk of a foam layer, the new midsole achieves greater flexibility and spring without compromising structure, while also reducing weight and waste. And by placing the upper directly on the VaporMax Air unit, a pillowy sensation and greater energy response are produced.

On the Nike Air VaporMax, the Air unit is paired with a Nike Flyknit upper that integrates precise support and further reduces the shoe’s weight.

View media item 1953443

View media item 1953437

View media item 1953438

View media item 1953439

View media item 1953440

View media item 1953441
View media item 1953444
Bottom pair reminds me of white/blue shox TL runners

Last edited:
Unsure of these so far. Want to see them in person first. Like the cw and the flyknit construction. Will try a pair on when they release

Pretty design but I don't think that they will perform. The air pocket design doesn't look durable at all

^remember the air max 360 sample pics, sort of same idea exposed air bubble on outsole, then retail model had brs 1000 cover the exposed parts. Nike probably thought the same thing back then.

Back
Top Bottom