Nike Air VaporMax

Nobody is above sneaker/sock brand conflict reproach
upload_2018-4-17_21-45-31.png

NOBODY.

We're just old. That's a huge faux pas for people near our age group. You couldn't be coming to school with no Nike shoes, Reebok shirt, Fila shorts, and Diadora socks, son. Had to be same brand top-to-bottom. I cringe when I see it, but I realize it's my own pet peeve. Kids are savages. Walking around with some Tiro pants and VMs. We're just old crusty's that never grew out of old habits :lol: I forget what thread we were in, but we had a long debate about mixing and matching brands. You could definitely tell the older guys from the younger.

Mind you, I'd never dress like, Phil now a days. But in '89/'90 ... different story lol

jordan-iii-jumpsuit-ebay-6.jpg

Last edited:
We're just old. That a huge faux pas for people near our age group. You couldn't be coming to school with no Nike shoes, Reebok shirt, Fila shorts, and Diadora socks, son. Had to be same brand top-to-bottom. I cringe when I see it, but I realize it's my own pet peeve. Kids are savages. Waling around with some Tiro pants and VMs. We're just old crusty's that never grIew out of old habits :lol: I forget what thread we were in, but we had a long debate about mixing and matching brands. You couldn't definitely tell the older guys from the younger.

Mind you, I'd never dress like, Phil now a days. But in '89/'90 ... different story lol

jordan-iii-jumpsuit-ebay-6.jpg
How old are you (36 here)

I’m 30.... def can’t wear adidas socks with Nike’s and vice versa... I mean it’s ok if you can’t see them lol but with shorts hell na

I'm also late 30s and never cared about mixing brands, actually I can't imagine myself going out with one brand top to bottom would probably feel like a groupie or something

returning to topic though, hated the vapormax plus when I first saw them. Ashamed to admit they are growing on me slightly, I'm so goddam weak...

34 here anda i just wanna wear these damb john Mayer VM but weather won’t comply

what's up with the shoe lace plastic thingy tho (sorry don't know the word - not a native English speaker here)? I don't mean the 'off white' tag.

It’s a metal lace decoration I guess that Nike shipped with all colors of the monotone Vapormax pack.

Back
Top Bottom