Nike Air VaporMax

Got my OGs today , not really feeling these and sending back, cool shoe but just not for me

Tried a run and some light sprints today with these and the response is good for a little bounce to your step with superior cushioning. I'm a heel striker, so while i wasn't bothered during the actual runs, afterwards I could definitely feel some soreness in my heels. Everything else around the foot felt fine and the initial support oddness I mentioned with causal wear seemed to have disappeared. Now just to figure out if I want to keep them or not.

Wore vapormax ALL day yesterday for easily 14 hrs. 

NOT EVEN A DAMN COMPARISON TO BOOST...so lets just get that right off the table. Are they comfortable yes, but do take some time to adjust to the cleats-like feel. Walking across the tiled floor at work was an experience. it was like a clack squeak with each step. Clack sound when first hitting the forefoot and squeak once lifting the heel.

Anyways... its a cool shoe. First nike runner I have bought in ages. But hopefully no one honestly compares this to UB and darn sure not the EQT 93/17 Boost.

NOT EVEN A DAMN COMPARISON TO BOOST...so lets just get that right off the table. Are they comfortable yes, but do take some time to adjust to the cleats-like feel. Walking across the tiled floor at work was an experience. it was like a clack squeak with each step. Clack sound when first hitting the forefoot and squeak once lifting the heel.

Anyways... its a cool shoe. First nike runner I have bought in ages. But hopefully no one honestly compares this to UB and darn sure not the EQT 93/17 Boost.
Did you swallow or na?

the only ones comparing it to boost are the ones that say these don't compare to boost lol

after all the discussion in past pages 

i wish i could downvote this 

Is it just me, or are the pics above looking like duck feet with that long toe shape?

Definitely going for the Asphalts for this month! I want to hold off on the AM1 Pinnacles and just get one shoe for the month of April (the Asphalt colorway being that one shoe), but I don't know if I can do it...

Since there's talk about asphalts here are a few pictures I took for a buddy who wanted better pictures  than what I previously sent to him.

Last edited:
Thanks for that. I forgot that I can insert the actual images rather than just attachments. 

I agree, pure plats > asphalt.

Asphalts 4 me after that photo, glad I passed on the plats now that I see the comparison

Last edited:
Got them on swoosh, sold them the next day.

I dont know if everyone feels this or maybe its me because i have flat feet, but I can feel the pattern of the air bubble on the bottom of my foot. I also feel the dip where the air unit goes around instead of all the way through on the heel. it was almost like i was stepping on a piece of concrete that protrudes a little out of the ground more than the rest.

Wasnt uncomfortable, but I didnt like how funky that felt. Ah well, $ saved.

Last edited:
Got mine just now.

I don't see how any but the outliers would want to size up even a half. Follow the Nike paper marking heel to toe size chart.

Maybe if you wear with thicker socks not the thin running specific ones I have on with them.

Crazy how size 11 is exactly 10oz.

Back
Top Bottom