Nike Air VaporMax

Those are nice, prefer the navy though. Only change I would make is to replace the pink on the heel with red to make it a true rainbow

Did anybody get their Clot in from Tres-Bien? I'm thinking of doing a preorder for only 80 over retail/shipping. 

Are Men's and Women's unisex like the ultraboost? i.e. Women's 10 = Men's 8.5. Or is the width different? Can't find the answer online.

Are Men's and Women's unisex like the ultraboost? i.e. Women's 10 = Men's 8.5. Or is the width different? Can't find the answer online.
I don't believe neither the ultra boost nor the vapormax are unisex. Men's shoe are typically a width D while women's is a width B.

I know true unisex shoes, like the flyknit racer show both men's and women's sizes on the box. But seeing as the vapormax is a similar material as the racer, I would guess the sizing wouldn't be too far different.

Original info put out by Nike said they were designed as unisex shoes. I see no reason to think why they aren't.

Hopefully they can find a way to make the midfoot section of the sole a bit softer. It would make the break-in process easier IMO.

Hopefully they can find a way to make the midfoot section of the sole a bit softer. It would make the break-in process easier IMO.
I have not felt the need for break-in on my NL pair at all, but not using them for running, just casual wear. Are the NL ones different in that aspect? Figured it was the same air cushions.

I have not felt the need for break-in on my NL pair at all, but not using them for running, just casual wear. Are the NL ones different in that aspect? Figured it was the same air cushions.
The air bags are the same. Break-in happens naturally as you wear the shoe. The longer you wear the more comfortable they get.

Original info put out by Nike said they were designed as unisex shoes. I see no reason to think why they aren't.

The reason I'd think they aren't is because there is a separate Men's & women's pair vs the Racer that there is no women's version

But that's pure speculation on my part

N
Not sure. I don't have that pair. I have normal sized feet and I initially would feel pain in the lower midfoot area after a couple of hrs before they broke in. I just assumed it was from the sole where the bubbles are split. The fuse/plastic seems pretty hard in that area.

The reason I'd think they aren't is because there is a separate Men's & women's pair vs the Racer that there is no women's version

But that's pure speculation on my part
This was pulled directly from SN 

Have you noticed that there are no men’s or women’s specific colorways for the VaporMax? That’s because it was designed as a true unisex model, intended to be worn by either sex. It’s something we’ve seen in a few previous Nike Running models like the Flyknit Racer, but still rarely done.

Chances are that the reason why they created a "women's" line was purely about purchasing experience and optics. Forcing women to always have to convert their size to a men's equivalent is a pretty big purchase barrier and you'd lose alot of sales from the general consumer this way. This obviously isn't an issue for men (who make up the vast majority of sneakerheads, fiends and enthusiasts) but one could posit that women don't invest nearly as much time figuring out sneakers, whether that's converting sizing, etc.

Believe it or not, "gendering" a product has a huge influence on the likelihood of something being purchased. An easy example: if they took a men's t-shirt and labelled it as a women's product, chances that men purchase said t-shirt goes WAY down. Perception plays a pretty important role in the sales funnel.

Last edited:
I actually got a reservation too. First VM reservation for me, not sure if I'm going to pull the trigger on this pair.

Current collection...

Dark Air Bag:

City Tribes

*Summer Sensation NikeLab

Triple Black GR

*Nike Lab Triple Black

Oreo ID

Navy

Color Airbag

Red/White/Volt ID

Orbit Blue

*Clot  (pre order)