Nike Air VaporMax

Plats restocked twice on Nike.ca already. Easiest pair to get, even more so than the TBs, which they had a ton of

Yeah, he must have missed the restocks. I've seen plats restock twice on SNKRS in addition to FNL.

Vapors are cool AF , but these sounds, man they're noisy.

I hate when I'm not walking on carpet . :lol: . I feel like I have on cleats.

Last edited:
I like the off white vapor max...but not for $250....id rather have the red/black pair for regular retail. But the off-white J1s are awesome. I will def line up for the L on those :lol:

So I know after launch people couldnt help but compare this to Boost...

I must say, while boost is softer... I find myself wanting to wear the Vapormax more often. 

The knit is thinner and more breathable

The knit seems to hug my foot better (like to the point where I take my shoes off, and Im like "Nah" and put them back on)

But something about the bounce that the air unit provides... Its def not as squishy as boost but Its almost as if I dont notice boost underfoot like I used to, but the feeling of the Vapormax is still there. 

Its like I've reconditioned myself. 

I must say, while boost is softer... I find myself wanting to wear the Vapormax more often. 

The knit seems to hug my foot better (like to the point where I take my shoes off, and Im like "Nah" and put them back on)
But something about the bounce that the air unit provides... Its def not as squishy as boost but Its almost as if I dont notice boost underfoot like I used to, but the feeling of the Vapormax is still there. 

Ive had a couple of UB because of hype but I sold them all after actually wearing it. It's just too soft and squishy and doesn't feel like my feet are landing on anything, almost like no support, I think your feet suppose to feel like it's landing on something. I dont know...i know a lot of people disagree with me but I think it might be bad for your feet in the long run.

Last edited by a moderator:

If I'm going to be on my feet for a couple hours then either shoe is fine. If I am planning to spend the day on my feet then Vapormax is usually my go to.

Boost is very very comfortable, but after long periods of wear my feet start to hurt from the boost being too soft (it that makes sense).
It's like there's no response and I'm constantly sinking into them. So I try to stick to boost for shorter periods of wear.

Where as the vapormax is much more responsive but also has that bounce feeling. It's like the perfect middle between comfort and stability.

the only thing i prefer UBs over VMs are the slip-on ability.

i just like slipping on the shoe without having to tie them up every time.

UBs definitely lack on long wears. VMs dont have that problem to me.

Been saying the same thing. We can call it fit i guess but the vapormax fit me better then any of my ubs. No tightness in the knit or collar and my preference is to a more responsive cushioning.

I think from a design perspective they are brilliant as well where the UB is tired now and looking worse down the road with the 4.0. I think adidas hit it out of the park with the NMD. I think that was thier moment and have tried to build off that ever since. But i think nike has taken the crown back right now with the vapormax.

the only thing i prefer UBs over VMs are the slip-on ability.

i just like slipping on the shoe without having to tie them up every time.

UBs definitely lack on long wears. VMs dont have that problem to me.
I haven't untied any of my Vapors since i first tied them. You can still slip your foot in & out unless you prefer to tie them super tight.

they fit my foot better when tied. its like they barely miss that threshold of easy to slip off and on.

thats why im stoked for the slip on ones. just need to see better CWs.

they fit my foot better when tied. its like they barely miss that threshold of easy to slip off and on.

thats why im stoked for the slip on ones. just need to see better CWs.
Ah ok see I think i'm right on the other side of that threshold. Mine are tied tight enough that there is no slippage when i'm wearing them but I am still able to slip them on & off.

I just know some people like to choke their ankles they tie sneakers so tight.

Ah ok see I think i'm right on the other side of that threshold. Mine are tied tight enough that there is no slippage when i'm wearing them but I am still able to slip them on & off.
This. I tie em just enough for stability but loose enough to where I can slip em on and off. 

Back
Top Bottom