Nike Air VaporMax

Don't know which one I want to get next.

I have the triple blacks but I am torn between the reds and the men explorers. Might just roll with the reds for now since my size can still be had for a discount. I typically don't wear all white/off-white shoes so the plats wouldn't make sense for me either.
the platinums are off white?

the platinums are off white?
I guess they would be more of a really light grey. I changed the wording of my comment. I see how it looks like I was saying the plats are white.
But for what it's worth, they are pretty close to it, lol
973A1243-845x603.jpg

uvro5nbavxny.jpg

So much regret selling my ogs... sold for 260 locally a few weeks ago.
Figured if i had regret i could just recop for around that price...looks like thats not the case...poop

Finally got to try my first pair of these on and see them in person. I really liked the upper, very comfortable. I wasn't too impressed with the sole though, but I know a lot of you have said it gets more comfortable. I'm curious just how much better they get. For the record, I was wearing EQT 93/17s before trying on the vapormax so that might have played into it too.

For the price point, I'm not sure I'm sold. I could see myself copping a pair with my discount though, I do want to try a pair. They do look better on feet.

Finally got to try my first pair of these on and see them in person. I really liked the upper, very comfortable. I wasn't too impressed with the sole though, but I know a lot of you have said it gets more comfortable. I'm curious just how much better they get. For the record, I was wearing EQT 93/17s before trying on the vapormax so that might have played into it too.

For the price point, I'm not sure I'm sold. I could see myself copping a pair with my discount though, I do want to try a pair. They do look better on feet.

Comfort surely improves over time, for me it feels they get softer. I surely prefer hem from boost now and if you don't mind the price I would give them a try

No way on earth I believe for a second they compare to boosts.

If there is a comparison it certainly isn't to an ultraboost.

I'm on day 3 and yeah, comfortable. There's a distinct 'arch' I hope softens up a bit more. But they're ok.

NOT in ultraboost territory though.

No way on earth I believe for a second they compare to boosts.

If there is a comparison it certainly isn't to an ultraboost.

I'm on day 3 and yeah, comfortable. There's a distinct 'arch' I hope softens up a bit more. But they're ok.

NOT in ultraboost territory though.
can't really compare them - ultraboost are marshmallows, zoom x (in the vaporfly) feels similar when they aren't used for performance activities...then it stiffens up as you get more active (that might just be the carbon plate engaging).
Ultraboost stay squishy - it's bit too soft for a full days wear IMHO. Vapormax are firmer but I find them just as comfortable and more supportive. It's a matter of preference I suppose

Last edited:
ive got ultra boost regular and st pure boost 1 and chill

i cant **** with them while running or even working out at the gym its too damn soft

boost is for that casual and walking life

if vapormax is more firm than boost ill be happy

Hoping Nike doesn't end up releasing VM like adidas did with UB. It would suck to get a new version and them discontinuing the original knit pattern.

I noticed the knit on the Pure Platinums in much stretchier in the toe box compared to the reds and triple blacks.

I mean it could be an anomaly, but my platinums feel more like primeknit in the toe whereas the blacks and reds feel more like racer flyknit. Almost like they're sprayed with something.

I mean it could be an anomaly, but my platinums feel more like primeknit in the toe whereas the blacks and reds feel more like racer flyknit. Almost like they're sprayed with something.
:emoji_thinking::emoji_thinking::emoji_thinking:
Tried plats, Oreos and clots on back to back to back. Felt the same w and w/o socks. Dunno, maybe you guys have those ESP toes.

Last edited:
Anyone know anything about stock levels for the off white vapors?
NT isn't the spot for the Offwhite Info. No help here.
ive got ultra boost regular and st pure boost 1 and chill

i cant **** with them while running or even working out at the gym its too damn soft

boost is for that casual and walking life

if vapormax is more firm than boost ill be happy
Why don't you just go to the Mall and try them on.
That Plat you are looking for will probably be in there as well, save yourself the order trouble and try em' on for correct size etc.

Get off the couch B

can't really compare them - ultraboost are marshmallows, zoom x (in the vaporfly) feels similar when they aren't used for performance activities...then it stiffens up as you get more active (that might just be the carbon plate engaging).
Ultraboost stay squishy - it's bit too soft for a full days wear IMHO. Vapormax are firmer but I find them just as comfortable and more supportive. It's a matter of preference I suppose

I love you thread contributions man, but you shouldn't say "can't really compare them".... and then proceed to write a bunch of sentences comparing them. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom