Nike Air VaporMax

Personally did not expect to see this colorway available for NikePlus members at one of my local Nike stores. It's actually better-looking in person!

44242728614_824dec6113_b.jpg

44242728494_c04db0d33c_b.jpg
those are :nthat::nthat:

did they have this color too?
nike-vapormax-run-utility-womens-aq8811-001-2.jpg

No luck when they came out.. been holding out on StockX etc...

Better get going on that. You're probably getting to a point where remaining pairs are starting to smell like their environment. You just hope you don't get a pair from a stinky house. :nerd:

Personally did not expect to see this colorway available for NikePlus members at one of my local Nike stores. It's actually better-looking in person!

44242728614_824dec6113_b.jpg

44242728494_c04db0d33c_b.jpg
Is it possible to lace swap with those? The 3m is more subtle on the all black compared to these.

Does vapormax plus fit slightly looser or tighter tham a traditional vapormax at the same size?

Last edited:
Didn’t realize the all black utilities dropped on Nike, I randomly checked the app out of old Saturday morning sneaker habits & to my surprise there they were...most sizes between 7.5-12.5 missing...besides the size 10 I needed :nthat:

Been waiting on these to replace my old lunar eclipse shield runners. Looks like you guys already knew though lol, I really thought I stumbled upon a true random release

Damn it, my other local Nike store did have it the entire time! I placed my NDC order 30 mins before I got to the store... now I have to wait for that order to come to send it back.

Anyway, all-black colorway is the best one! You can definitely go TTS, but the midfoot might be a bit too tight for wide-footers, so you may need to go 1/2 size up. I decided to go 1/2 size up as I wear thick socks. Curious to see how water-resistant this really is. The highest standard for Nike sneakerboots and water-resistant shoes I've had is the Presto Mid Utility from 2015 as that could take up consistent rain for a whole hour. I think the same can somewhat be said for the Lunar Force 1 Duckboots from back then.

If anyone is debating between the Flyknit Utility vs. the Run Utility, the choice is obvious: Run Utility hands down. Cheaper price, Cushlon midsole, and true water-resistance. Breathability may be sacrificed for sure though.

No flash
43182038090_ab955daafe_b.jpg

Flash
43182037270_1ecbb01821_b.jpg

^ the little lace hook is a nice touch too.... impressed with these so far

also, I agree with these being a better pick over the Flyknit utilities.... these are crazy

Last edited:
da doc03 da doc03 - definitely!

It's a rare double pick-up day today! I've been on the hunt to replace my Triple Black V2 and Pure Platinum Vapormaxes as they are all beat and I'm looking to go 1/2 size up as TTS has been too snug now (I'm guessing because of the change of the socks.) I've found my Triple Black replacement with the NikeLab edition for a great price thanks to the eBay promo this past Thursday. Remember when these were going for $400 when they first came out?! Found these slightly cheaper than the Triple Black V2s, too. Amazing...

EDIT [11/18]: saving this picture for those who want to see the 3M on the Vapormax Run Utility.
44087635245_ed6174ef6c_b.jpg

Last edited:
Does vapormax plus fit slightly looser or tighter tham a traditional vapormax at the same size?

I bought a pair of the triple black in my regular size last month. Put them on and sent them right back to Nike. Regular Vapormaxes and the Utilities fit me tts. The Plus felt like I needed to go up at least half a size if not more.

i wish they'd do a tripple black moc 2, guess i'll have to just go ith the acronym to gt close to my pt uniform, volt close enough to yellow

It should restock. This is just starting off as a NikePlus exclusive, I think.

I'd say looser. I've tried on 1/2 a size down before, and it fit fine for me. A bit snug though, but still fine.

I bought a pair of the triple black in my regular size last month. Put them on and sent them right back to Nike. Regular Vapormaxes and the Utilities fit me tts. The Plus felt like I needed to go up at least half a size if not more.

Darn it. Conflicting reports. Back to square one.

Back
Top Bottom