Nike Air VaporMax

Really? Guess they might've not known what the actual release date is. Take advantage!

Yeah I might have to swing back by this weekend...Was going to initially try and wait it out for a discount but I have some rewards points to use anyway...

I’ll pass on a triple black but I would like a white/pure platinum 3.0 in honor of the same colorway 1.0.

Called around my local area in San Francisco. They too also have them in stock. Will swing by to check it out!

Thanks to my friend for hooking up a $20 rewards coupon, I picked the all-black up! I'll take better pictures tomorrow, but for now, here's the quick comparison picture with the first Vapormax. As different as the 3s actually are, they look really similar if you just take a quick glimpse. The collar goes up an extra 1 - 1.5 cm and the Flyknit is indeed a double-weave, so it's sturdier while still remaining stretchy! (EDIT: err, well... the tongue still remains stretchy. The rest of the upper definitely has a bit less give.) Fit is identical to the other Flyknit versions. Whatever size you wear in those, go for the same in the 3s.

33563193908_b7bd229c80_b.jpg

Last edited:
Need them to drop on NDC. Have some gift cards I need to blow. Also it looks like FTL took them off the website.

Last edited:
So here are some quick pictures I took just moments ago. Sorry, not the best-looking shots at the moment. I took pictures of the left shoe, because... well, you'll see why when you go all the way to the bottom.

First, let me show you guys some new details here! Metallic tongue tab up top with the 2019 Nike Air branding similar to the VM2019, which is a nice touch IMO. New 2019 Vapormax branding on the back of the heel and same in the insole as well. The upper IS pretty identical-looking to the ribbing of a sock, but with the right colors like I've mentioned since the very beginning, it'll look fine and it can be a bit more blended in. The Air unit seems to be wrapped with a different material to give it more of a fashionable/shiny appeal. No Nike/Vapormax branding on the heel, which is a very interesting move.

46526824145_c5650e9fea_b.jpg

40476166033_ffb5d7f669_b.jpg

47389263462_0bc0ac36a6_b.jpg

46526824535_b9cd5a83a9_b.jpg

40476165503_37d46709d6_b.jpg

47389262752_5d69dd4288_b.jpg

NOW... why the left shoe and not the right one like the comparison picture I showed? Because my left shoe's collar height is about 3mm shorter than the one on the right foot. When I was looking at the left shoe, I kept thinking, "Damn, these are hella sick!" When I was looking at the right, I kept questioning why it looked so odd. Found out why... for those picky about quality control, you might have a problem here.

47389271082_7cd8e43261_b.jpg

I'll tell you what though. The Vapormax 3 is no Vapormax 1 level in terms of the best design, but compared to the 2s, these are super nice.

Last edited:
So here are some quick pictures I took just moments ago. Sorry, not the best-looking shots at the moment. I took pictures of the left shoe, because... well, you'll see why when you go all the way to the bottom.

First, let me show you guys some new details here! Metallic tongue tab up top with the 2019 Nike Air branding similar to the VM2019, which is a nice touch IMO. New 2019 Vapormax branding on the back of the heel and same in the insole as well. The upper IS pretty identical-looking to the ribbing of a sock, but with the right colors like I've mentioned since the very beginning, it'll look fine and it can be a bit more blended in. The Air unit seems to be wrapped with a different material to give it more of a fashionable/shiny appeal. No Nike/Vapormax branding on the heel, which is a very interesting move.

46526824145_c5650e9fea_b.jpg

40476166033_ffb5d7f669_b.jpg

47389263462_0bc0ac36a6_b.jpg

46526824535_b9cd5a83a9_b.jpg

40476165503_37d46709d6_b.jpg

47389262752_5d69dd4288_b.jpg

NOW... why the left shoe and not the right one like the comparison picture I showed? Because my left shoe's collar height is about 3mm shorter than the one on the right foot. When I was looking at the left shoe, I kept thinking, "Damn, these are hella sick!" When I was looking at the right, I kept questioning why it looked so odd. Found out why... for those picky about quality control, you might have a problem here.

47389271082_7cd8e43261_b.jpg

I'll tell you what though. The Vapormax 3 is no Vapormax 1 level in terms of the best design, but compared to the 2s, these are super nice.

Thanks for the info. So comfort wise are they more comfortable than the 1.0 and 2.0 like other reports have said? I believe one guy who didn’t like the Vapormax thought these were a more supportive, broken-in feeling and cushioned shoe.

Thanks for the info. So comfort wise are they more comfortable than the 1.0 and 2.0 like other reports have said? I believe one guy who didn’t like the Vapormax thought these were a more supportive, broken-in feeling and cushioned shoe.

Comparing the brand new VM3 with a brand new VM1 (the NikeLab pair), I'd say the difference is extremely subtle to non-existent. Finetuned for a softer ride perhaps, but I can't tell the difference. If anything, the upper makes the biggest difference with a stronger weave and heel cup, and that can translate for the entire foot that it just perhaps make you like the ride even more. It's kinda like... maybe eating a perfectly-cooked entree vs. an overcooked entree with your favorite sides. Eating a dry entree can just kinda ruin the rest of the plate while the perfectly cooked one makes the entire meal amazing.

NOW... why the left shoe and not the right one like the comparison picture I showed? Because my left shoe's collar height is about 3mm shorter than the one on the right foot. When I was looking at the left shoe, I kept thinking, "Damn, these are hella sick!" When I was looking at the right, I kept questioning why it looked so odd. Found out why... for those picky about quality control, you might have a problem her

Thanks bro... gonna look at the collar on my blue 3.0's now....I agree the design just feels and looks bulky

Has anyone copped both the Vapormax Flyknit 3 and Vapormax 2019?? If so, how’s the synthetic upper versus flyknit? Are they the same stack height?

Back
Top Bottom