Nike Air Yeezy 2 Black / Pink Best Photo Yet Page 1 Vol. LOOK AT THAT SNAKE SHAKE! Updated Nov 1st

Originally Posted by zapatohead408

Originally Posted by RL Treyce

Originally Posted by ItsJaloppyDummy

standing outside a store as long as you want and can waiting for a shoe you want makes you a hypebeast? id say thats dedication and if anyone has ever camped out for a serious shoe knows how cold and the drama that comes along with being outside but there are also positives about being out there meeting new people ,gaining connections and more and this is whats called networking. Everyone wants to call someone who goes out there way to get their pair a hypebeast thats stupid, to my knowledge i thought a hypebeast was a person who had no mind of their own and let other peoples opinions rule their own life and control what they do and after this i hope to just see info on the actual shoe and not just people ranting on about people who wanted the shoe enough to spend days waiting for it

This!!!!!
yup. People calling us names because we are very passionate about our hobby.
30t6p3b.gif

jhobson5 wrote:
This possible release news is interesting. Kanye is some what into sneaker culture, and I know he saw what happened with the reselling of the Yeezy 1(I read he had to purchase pairs of of ebay for people in his crew), so why would he want to make it more about geography and limit quantities more. Kanye has fans all over the world from NYC to Montana. Why would he shut down some of his most loyal fans from obatining something that has his brand on it, due to location doesnt make sense. Kanye has always said he isnt anything without his fans, well its hard for me to believe he cares about his fans if he is only releasing a sneaker for in certain parts of the world, when he knows people are just buying to re sell and make a buck. Just my point of view.
that was beautiful. perfectly said.
Ummmm....He most certainly did. There's a video of him backstage at a show handin them to Don C ( I think) and saying....I had to go to ebay. I saw it myself.

i don't give a #%@& what y'all say about me. I've got the Net/Net and Zens...Paid no less than $450 each for the Yeezy 1. I'll be taking time off work AND traveling if necesary to get these for retail..Or as close to retail as possible. Last time, even the mom & pop's were charging $75-$100 over retail. Pitiful.

i don't give a #%@& what y'all say about me. I've got the Net/Net and Zens...Paid no less than $450 each for the Yeezy 1. I'll be taking time off work AND traveling if necesary to get these for retail..Or as close to retail as possible. Last time, even the mom & pop's were charging $75-$100 over retail. Pitiful.

Originally Posted by adtheone

The Yeezy craps on the Jordan XI hands down, and I ask people to truly think about my last statement before you respond. You can wear the Jordan XI everyday if you want, but you would never wear the Yeezy everyday. You know why, because you would feel like you were doing the shoe a injustice by just wearing it to any ol' place. Kanye set the bar as a ROOKIE in the shoe creating game and nothing comes close.
5640257742_5bbb6beb91.jpg

How did he "set the bar" as a rookie when it was a hybrid of like 3 other shoes? Not to mention his line of Louis Vuitton sneakers came out BEFORE the Yeezys. Just stop
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by adtheone

The Yeezy craps on the Jordan XI hands down, and I ask people to truly think about my last statement before you respond. You can wear the Jordan XI everyday if you want, but you would never wear the Yeezy everyday. You know why, because you would feel like you were doing the shoe a injustice by just wearing it to any ol' place. Kanye set the bar as a ROOKIE in the shoe creating game and nothing comes close.
5640257742_5bbb6beb91.jpg

How did he "set the bar" as a rookie when it was a hybrid of like 3 other shoes? Not to mention his line of Louis Vuitton sneakers came out BEFORE the Yeezys. Just stop
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Fresh Like Will

And the Yeezy doesn't serve any purpose as an athletic shoe. It's only purpose is for casual wear. (Not that you couldn't use it for any athletic activity, but there are shoes specifically for that.) So they can design it any way they want, they can put as many fins, straps, or buckles as they want on it anywhere they please. Or put as much padding as they want wherever they want. Doing whatever to make the shoe aesthetically pleasing without having to meet requirements or specifications that make the shoe look good while also being useful on the turf, court, or track.

not true. it's actually a great basketball shoe (of course there are better ones out there tho)... check out this review of the yeezys being used in over 30 full court games (from the kicksology forum, featuring sneaker reviews and performance discussion, over on ISS):

Originally Posted by MarcSJ

Credit goes to Euthanasia (author) -

125kitw.jpg

My love for Jordan 3's and basketball ended when the recent retros came out. I remember zoom air insoles with padded linings and midsoles that would last for a lifetime. Enough about that though. After getting the Air Yeezy's from a friend, I decided that they had the ankle support of the older Nike basketball shoes, extra padded lining, padded ankle supports like the Jordan 5's, and a midsole that carried along through many of Nike's shoes. Who said that the strap wasn't useful? It definitely tightens the grip on the hold for the width of the shoes, so there's a bit more resistance when doing quick motions.

The Facts:
Over 30 full court games played (20 minute pick up games)
Weight of actual player is 150 pounds
Surface: Gym Court/Laminate Wood

Let's start out with the basics.
Traction: 4.25/5.0
The traction has held up well in the gym with slip ups here and there. Sharing the Nike Revolution/Jordan 3 midsole, it is all too familiar what the soles are capable of. They deserved a 4.5 rating for the amount of stress its handled thus far.

Comfort: 4.25/5.0
The extra padding along the ankle definitely gives this shoe the upper hand. The inside is lined with the same material as the Kobe 4's (a lycra/nylon composite) which makes it smooth and comfortable. The material on the inside also stretches so it forms to your feet. The only thing missing about the shoes are a set of zoom air insoles to match with the air bubble. These shoes only come with a set of nylon/lycra topped gel inserts. Another problem is that there is a lot of room for your arch, so it is possible to overextend your foot arches while running (first-hand experience.)
2iiz5tu.jpg

Support/Stability: 4.75/5.0
I've found myself running up and down the court in these with no problem. The midsoles (god only knows how long they'll last) actually have held up pretty well under these stressful conditions. Jumping up and down and running down court isn't all that bad, especially since they're about 5-8 ounces heavier than a pair of Kobe 4's. As far as stability, the middle strap holds your foot in place when you're trying to do a crossover or a quick move, so there's less room for your foot to slide back and forth inside the shoe itself. That makes it stable and easier to do catch-and-shoot runs.
s1npds.jpg

Durability: 4.75/5.0
The newer foam material on the midsoles definitely hold up a lot better than the 2001 models of Jordan 3's. It took me a while to get some definitive creasing on the toe boxes, and surprisingly enough the straps only have one or two small places where there's actual physical chipping. The sole, regardless of the arduous tasks it has to carry still glows in the dark. The padding along the ankle and inside the shoe has yet to rip, overstretch or become uncomfortable.
1087dk4.jpg

Value: 0/5.0
Although the shoe is a magnificent wonder, it is not intended for basketball usage. Buying this shoe solely to ball in is a mistake, but I did it because I didn't care anyways. These shoes are a fashion icon but do have some means of functionality. For the price they're going for right now, you might as well make your own basketball shoes.
257irug.jpg

Final Say:
Although if I did have the money, I'd ball in the shoes more regularly, I'd say for people with weak ankles, this is a must. Great ankle support, great traction but the only few cons are the insoles (easily changeable), the arch support and probably the lifespan of the midsoles. The high grade leather makes the shoe really worth it and still look decent even if it meant playing through over 30 games.

34rhml5.jpg

i'm not fully sold on the yeezy 2's yet, but i do like the over all shape i think. plus i'm a suck for straps. i'll see how i feel when i see what colorways are available.

Originally Posted by Fresh Like Will

And the Yeezy doesn't serve any purpose as an athletic shoe. It's only purpose is for casual wear. (Not that you couldn't use it for any athletic activity, but there are shoes specifically for that.) So they can design it any way they want, they can put as many fins, straps, or buckles as they want on it anywhere they please. Or put as much padding as they want wherever they want. Doing whatever to make the shoe aesthetically pleasing without having to meet requirements or specifications that make the shoe look good while also being useful on the turf, court, or track.

not true. it's actually a great basketball shoe (of course there are better ones out there tho)... check out this review of the yeezys being used in over 30 full court games (from the kicksology forum, featuring sneaker reviews and performance discussion, over on ISS):

Originally Posted by MarcSJ

Credit goes to Euthanasia (author) -

125kitw.jpg

My love for Jordan 3's and basketball ended when the recent retros came out. I remember zoom air insoles with padded linings and midsoles that would last for a lifetime. Enough about that though. After getting the Air Yeezy's from a friend, I decided that they had the ankle support of the older Nike basketball shoes, extra padded lining, padded ankle supports like the Jordan 5's, and a midsole that carried along through many of Nike's shoes. Who said that the strap wasn't useful? It definitely tightens the grip on the hold for the width of the shoes, so there's a bit more resistance when doing quick motions.

The Facts:
Over 30 full court games played (20 minute pick up games)
Weight of actual player is 150 pounds
Surface: Gym Court/Laminate Wood

Let's start out with the basics.
Traction: 4.25/5.0
The traction has held up well in the gym with slip ups here and there. Sharing the Nike Revolution/Jordan 3 midsole, it is all too familiar what the soles are capable of. They deserved a 4.5 rating for the amount of stress its handled thus far.

Comfort: 4.25/5.0
The extra padding along the ankle definitely gives this shoe the upper hand. The inside is lined with the same material as the Kobe 4's (a lycra/nylon composite) which makes it smooth and comfortable. The material on the inside also stretches so it forms to your feet. The only thing missing about the shoes are a set of zoom air insoles to match with the air bubble. These shoes only come with a set of nylon/lycra topped gel inserts. Another problem is that there is a lot of room for your arch, so it is possible to overextend your foot arches while running (first-hand experience.)
2iiz5tu.jpg

Support/Stability: 4.75/5.0
I've found myself running up and down the court in these with no problem. The midsoles (god only knows how long they'll last) actually have held up pretty well under these stressful conditions. Jumping up and down and running down court isn't all that bad, especially since they're about 5-8 ounces heavier than a pair of Kobe 4's. As far as stability, the middle strap holds your foot in place when you're trying to do a crossover or a quick move, so there's less room for your foot to slide back and forth inside the shoe itself. That makes it stable and easier to do catch-and-shoot runs.
s1npds.jpg

Durability: 4.75/5.0
The newer foam material on the midsoles definitely hold up a lot better than the 2001 models of Jordan 3's. It took me a while to get some definitive creasing on the toe boxes, and surprisingly enough the straps only have one or two small places where there's actual physical chipping. The sole, regardless of the arduous tasks it has to carry still glows in the dark. The padding along the ankle and inside the shoe has yet to rip, overstretch or become uncomfortable.
1087dk4.jpg

Value: 0/5.0
Although the shoe is a magnificent wonder, it is not intended for basketball usage. Buying this shoe solely to ball in is a mistake, but I did it because I didn't care anyways. These shoes are a fashion icon but do have some means of functionality. For the price they're going for right now, you might as well make your own basketball shoes.
257irug.jpg

Final Say:
Although if I did have the money, I'd ball in the shoes more regularly, I'd say for people with weak ankles, this is a must. Great ankle support, great traction but the only few cons are the insoles (easily changeable), the arch support and probably the lifespan of the midsoles. The high grade leather makes the shoe really worth it and still look decent even if it meant playing through over 30 games.

34rhml5.jpg

i'm not fully sold on the yeezy 2's yet, but i do like the over all shape i think. plus i'm a suck for straps. i'll see how i feel when i see what colorways are available.

standing outside a store as long as you want and can waiting for a shoe you want makes you a hypebeast? id say thats dedication and if anyone has ever camped out for a serious shoe knows how cold and the drama that comes along with being outside but there are also positives about being out there meeting new people ,gaining connections and more and this is whats called networking. Everyone wants to call someone who goes out there way to get their pair a hypebeast thats stupid, to my knowledge i thought a hypebeast was a person who had no mind of their own and let other peoples opinions rule their own life and control what they do and after this i hope to just see info on the actual shoe and not just people ranting on about people who wanted the shoe enough to spend days waiting for it

You're still a hypebeast. 

Just embrace the fact dude, everyone has a bit of hypebeast in em.

You're still a hypebeast. 

Just embrace the fact dude, everyone has a bit of hypebeast in em.

Back
Top Bottom