Nike Air Yeezy Red October 2 Thread Officially Released VIA NDC 2/9. No BUYING/SELLING/TRADING.

I don't have before pics so I don't see how me taking pics of them in their current condition would be of any help to you, but why would I lie about something like this? :lol:

It's just a heat source, it works just like an iron would on clothing.

I just didn't feel comfortable taking an iron to my sneakers, so I tried this one day and it worked like a charm.

Like I stated earlier, these have been worn at least 10x, probably closer to 20:

View media item 857667
View media item 857668
View media item 857669
Here's proof of them being worn, compliments of some random dude from some Vegas B/S/T facebook group, :lol:

View media item 857675

haha, never said you were lying, fam... just wanted to see pix to see if they were truly gone, or still somewhat there...

looks like they're still somewhat there, but nevertheless, better than wearing sneaker shields and hating my life... :lol:

if i had sized up in these the sneaker shields would be no problem, but i didn't wanna do that.

i've shaved them all kinds of ways and they're still uncomfortable, too much to wear for any prolonged period of time.

if anyone can show pix of how they shaved them to be more comfortable, i'd love to see it.

props on that bike pic tho, bruh... repped! :pimp:

Never said ROs are the best Yeezy IIs. For me, the Plats are. As far as the quality goes: I strongly disagree. The ROs are very well made, with very good materials overall. If the midsole was better painted, I had nothing to complain about. The shoes feel and are besides the mentioned issue, absolutely great. They stand out because of the color.
About the materials used: They are something different. I think red leather wouldn't look very good. Red suede does, but nike hasn't done a red leather sneaker (to my knowledge) that stands out and I really do like my Infrared23 6s. They are a different idea, different implementation of the same idea.
To each his own, its a matter of taste.

i agree the quality isn't as bad on the RO's as people make it seem...

the suede seems the exact same as the plats and solars, which i don't find bad at all.

glue stains and crappy paint jobs are nike's MO... i think the more fair way to put it is the RO's shouldn't cost as much as they did ($245 MSRP) without the hand carved leather...

Proto I buy Jordan's all of the time and I haven't seen midsole paint as bad as the ROs.
The fisheyes on the air bubbles and the poor paint around them is wow quality
View media item 858440
And the argument that the suede is the same doesn't mean that it couldn't have been dyed any better. A vibrant red shoe with an ashy red suede fails on any shoe not named yeezy.

haha, never said you were lying, fam... just wanted to see pix to see if they were truly gone, or still somewhat there...

looks like they're still somewhat there, but nevertheless, better than wearing sneaker shields and hating my life... :lol:

if i had sized up in these the sneaker shields would be no problem, but i didn't wanna do that.

i've shaved them all kinds of ways and they're still uncomfortable, too much to wear for any prolonged period of time.

if anyone can show pix of how they shaved them to be more comfortable, i'd love to see it.

Same here! Shoot, I thought I was the only idiot that can't wear the sneaker shield. I look at people wearing it and smiling. I put that shield on for an hour and feet was all cramped up. I got a half size bigger but Just not a full size. which I might try next cause I don't like creases.

Proto I buy Jordan's all of the time and I haven't seen midsole paint as bad as the ROs.
View media item 858440
And the argument that the suede is the same doesn't mean that it couldn't have been dyed any better. A vibrant red shoe with an ashy red suede fails on any shoe not named yeezy.

wouldn't that be ironic if the eventual "super ultra perfect maximus" yeezy reps are spotted out because they paint is solid and there are no glue stains :smh:

is the yeezy burning still going down tomorrow?

bruh didn't YOU design the flyer? lol

Lmk if you go, i might stop thru to say waddup to all the NT fam (assuming yaw slide thru)...

Trying to KO myself early in the AM... SMH...

wouldn't that be ironic if the eventual "super ultra perfect maximus" yeezy reps are spotted out because they paint is solid and there are no glue stains
mean.gif

Same here! Shoot, I thought I was the only idiot that can't wear the sneaker shield. I look at people wearing it and smiling. I put that shield on for an hour and feet was all cramped up. I got a half size bigger but Just not a full size. which I might try next cause I don't like creases.
if i take the same sneaker shield and put it in my varsity white vi's its great, but if i put it in my black varsity vi's it kills me. both size 10. same sheild. who knows

Last edited:
I've used sneakershields in various shoes, and haven't really found a problem while wearing them.

I think someone stated it earlier, but you really need to take the insole out first, get it nice and firm, then reinsert the insole for a really good fit.

On the topic of insoles...I still think those who are wearing these should replace the leather ones they came w/ and find one w/ more cushion.  Will help with midsole cracking and comfort.  Not to mention, I hate ruining special insoles with wear.

Had a chance to swap out my sz. 12 for a sz. 11 (my size). Thanks to the homies over at RIF for swappin' out! These will definitely be rocked at the pool this wknd. Brad where you at?!?
I'm right here Gus, nice fakes bro! 
laugh.gif

I'm pushing you into a Vegas pool this summer with those on.  

Ps.  I like the on feet pics, oh wait never mind, too scared.  

Agreed. Having 2 pairs of tans, 1 blinks, and 1 solars. They are all crappy quality but such a nice design.

^^^ I always thought the quality on the y1 was on point. At least the pairs I saw in person were dope.

midsoles on RO are crap.
red suede on the RO is crap.

I appreciate honesty like this when considering buying a shoe. Folks get these and feel that the almighty yeezy couldn't possibly be crap. Must be a part of the complex.

Last edited:
I don't have before pics so I don't see how me taking pics of them in their current condition would be of any help to you, but why would I lie about something like this? :lol:

It's just a heat source, it works just like an iron would on clothing.

I just didn't feel comfortable taking an iron to my sneakers, so I tried this one day and it worked like a charm.

Like I stated earlier, these have been worn at least 10x, probably closer to 20:

View media item 857667
View media item 857668
View media item 857669
Here's proof of them being worn, compliments of some random dude from some Vegas B/S/T facebook group, :lol:

View media item 857675

I've worn these with Sneaker Shields and you'll still get creasing regardless.

Unless you wanna be walking like a pregnant lady everywhere you go or something, :lol:

See kids doing that all the time, even w/ some GR crap on their feet.

The only way to keep them looking DS is to keep them in your closet.

As for the shaving, I just took about a half an inch off the bottom with scissors all the way around.

midsoles on RO are crap.

I appreciate honesty like this when considering buying a shoe. Folks get these and feel that the almighty yeezy couldn't possibly be crap. Must be a part of the complex.
No problem. I can't speak for the yeezy 2 line as a whole since the RO was the only color I had but looking at the other two it seemed like they were better. Other members have stated the same.

Some pairs of the RO look beautiful tho. The red suede looks less ashy on those.

It's still a nice looking shoe at the end of the day tho.

some guy is willing to trade me his DS solars for my DS ROs but wants me to add 1400 on top... How much should i be adding at most?  

midsoles on RO are crap.

No problem. I can't speak for the yeezy 2 line as a whole since the RO was the only color I had but looking at the other two it seemed like they were better. Other members have stated the same.

Some pairs of the RO look beautiful tho. The red suede looks less ashy on those.

It's still a nice looking shoe at the end of the day tho.

Most of the ashyness (not sure if that's a word but F it) you'll see in pics is due to lighting.

I agree, tho, quality on these aren't that great overall.

I lucked out because there's like 0 excess glue on mine and the midsole paint job isn't complete poop, either.

I saw some dudes air bubble basically covered w/ red paint, :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom