Nike Basketball (any brand) Rotation/Performance Reviews

Yall ever just find that one shoe and not want to wear anything else? Its like any other shoe just doesn't feel like my bed anymore.

Two months in the kobe 1 and my opinion is still the same it's like wearing nothing at all. I just love the leather

Initially it was the Harden Vol. 2....Then I got the WhyNot 0.1 lows for cheap and it has been all I have ever wanted to play in since I got them. Definitely going to the Adidas store on lunch today to try on the Dame 5s. Last night got me hype too. lol.

Its kinda of like adidas bounce but lighter.
Its on these as of now “Next level”
upload_2019-4-23_18-56-9.jpeg
Boost done? Adidas stans won’t have anymore ammo lol. Seen some puma shoes with boost looking stuff. Is it the same?

Boost done? Adidas stans won’t have anymore ammo lol. Seen some puma shoes with boost looking stuff. Is it the same?
Boos is definitely not done. Im not a fanatic of what type of tech brands uses, but lightstrike is just a addition to adidas footwear technology family.

The boost tech isn’t owned by adidas they license the tech from a company
called BASF, which also license the similar tech to puma. Just puma implements the tech slightly differently than what adidas does with boost.

But in reality its all marketing fluff, so im not sure if the tech is actually the same.

Last edited:
Reasons why you shouldn’t always be invested in nike products.
32F9E096-95F6-4D76-A1BA-44C6AC67FA52.jpeg
E1F4E687-05BC-4034-97FB-9E2F41CEFBCB.jpeg

I brought these from ross in January for like $40 and I rarely had them in my rotation. Maybe 5-6 wears. Till this past Tuesday I decided to wear them to work. After work i didn’t plan on balling but i went to chill out at the park and then later was invited to play indoor basketball at someone’s apartment complex.

Shoes started to do the “zion” effect on me even prior to when i was at the park playing a basic lazy 21. Indoor it was wrap and i just said whatever happens, happens cause i didn’t have a spare shoe on me as i usually carry with me.

If you can guess the shoe im talking about. You belong in this thread.

Last edited:

I brought these from ross in January for like $40 and I rarely had them in my rotation. Maybe 5-6 wears. Till this past Tuesday I decided to wear them to work. After work i didn’t plan on balling but i went to chill out at the park and then later was invited to play indoor basketball at someone’s apartment complex.

Shoes started to do the “zion” effect on me even prior to when i was at the park playing a basic lazy 21. Indoor it was wrap and i just said whatever happens, happens cause i didn’t have a spare shoe on me as i usually carry with me.

hyperdunk 08?

Came across this thread last night. Love it.
Played in these today:
FEC3BCAF-16B7-42D1-A2FF-C5F777D1DE76.jpeg

My rotation is pretty deep, I just grab whatever I’m feeling that day and I buy way too many shoes (lol :ohwell:) lately I’ve been playing in...

WN01 Chaos
XXXI Low (White black red with solid soles)
Harden Vol 3
Protro 1
LBJ XVI Oreo

Kobe 8, 9, and 11 (all EM and Full length drop-ins) XX9 and XX8 SE (like today) will always get an occasional run. I can’t quit them.

If I had to pick one shoe right now it’s WN01 Chaos. Really well rounded and love the fit.

Dame 4, HD2017, Kyrie 4, PG2, Kobe AD Mid, and 360 have been on the sidelines but like how those perform too. Soldier IX and CLB 2016 are my outdoor shoes of choice but I haven’t played outdoor in a minute. I still have PG3 NASAs on ice, probably break those out soon but I love them and don’t want to trash them.

Dame 5s should arrive Tuesday, I’ve heard good things. Need some WN02 and KD12, most likely waiting for disco. Also want some 2018 Pro Bounce lows but haven’t found the right deal yet and seems they’ve drying up online was hoping to scoop for around $50 but whenever I look they’re $80-90 so I’ll pass for now. Tried on Marquee Boost at outlet recently and wasn’t feeling them on foot so I passed but seems they’re solid for some.

Kobe 8 and 9 (EM) with a Full length drop in are 1a and b GOAT performers imo

Hope to see more posts from everyone. Love hearing/ reading about this stuff :nthat:

I agree with the WN01 Chaos. They are my go to at this time. Fit, cushion, lockdown, and traction are all great. My previous go to was the Jordan 29. I also just played 3 games in the KD12. The KD12 and WN01 Chaos are really close so I will be rotating between the two.

Kobe Protro 1 is also pretty good but I feel that there is some play in the heel and I keep relacing them during games.

I agree with the WN01 Chaos. They are my go to at this time. Fit, cushion, lockdown, and traction are all great. My previous go to was the Jordan 29. I also just played 3 games in the KD12. The KD12 and WN01 Chaos are really close so I will be rotating between the two.

Kobe Protro 1 is also pretty good but I feel that there is some play in the heel and I keep relacing them during games.
The KD12 feel like way more cushion than Protro 1?

Not exactly shoe related but what's y'all favorite bags to bring your basketball **** in?

Trying to upgrade my swag from the big fat duffel bag so I can just have a backpack but never had one of those nice Adidas Nike one's before.

Thanks fam.

Honestly, I just use a small/medium sized Jordan duffle I got from either TJ Max or Ross for the low. Has a shoe compartment and can fit my ball in it along with some small misc stuff (extra shirt, small towel and a ball pump.

Played in the Dame 5s last night. love them. I was not a fan of the way the 4s felt for me, but these are good to go. Probably going to stick with a rotation of the WhyNot 0.1s and these for the time being. Retiring the Harden Vol. 2.

They took out the zoom and added holes :rofl:

Dropped this is the KD thread also.

Not even gonna hold y’all up fellas. This is the best shoe I’ve played in the past couple years.

I play 3-4 times a week and in a big pro aim on Sundays so I play good level ball. I have not took them off since last Sunday and I’m gonna get the reds Saturday. They hit everything for me. Cushion is amazing for my knees and feet, lockdown is great, traction is good, everything. I come from low tops the past 3-4 years only and these play just like a low top! Just thought I’d drop my opinion good ppl

DAF63830-0A2E-4DA1-AC0B-3EF3C99D3F35.jpeg

I'm coming up on the 30 day return window for the LeBron 16's and I'm really conflicted. I like the cushioning but everything else about it is just whatever. I used the outer lace holes (good god never attempting this again) and still don't feel 100% locked in. I got them for a relative steal so i'm considering keeping them but I cant see myself rocking these casually and they don't seem to fit in my rotation. All the praise for the KD12 and WNZ2 doesn't help either.

I'm coming up on the 30 day return window for the LeBron 16's and I'm really conflicted. I like the cushioning but everything else about it is just whatever. I used the outer lace holes (good god never attempting this again) and still don't feel 100% locked in. I got them for a relative steal so i'm considering keeping them but I cant see myself rocking these casually and they don't seem to fit in my rotation. All the praise for the KD12 and WNZ2 doesn't help either.

Return them there r many other shoes out that r better

Try the 16 low. Those should fit better.

I feel the same kind of way with the WhyNot 0.2s. They're a great hoop shoe, just not for me. I just don't feel totally comfortable in it compared to the other shoes in my rotation (Though I did add them to the casual). I say if there's something nagging you about it now, its going to continue to nag you later. Sounds like stuff that really you can't fix either, more like a preference thing. return if you can and move on.

hey all. i've been pretty conflicted, reading reviews for the past 2 months on what ball shoe to get. Trying to decide between:

Lebron 16
PG 3
Kobe Protro 1
KD 12

Tried the PG 3 for one game and the traction is crazy but aside from that I have no idea. Any feedback would be much appreciated, especially if you have tried more than one of these.

Back
Top Bottom