Nike Basketball (any brand) Rotation/Performance Reviews

13C3FEF4-20A2-4FCF-8715-224A68EF8886.jpeg
Here is my sneaker drawer in my office for lunchtime basketball games. Add Lebron 16 low which isn’t pictured. Kobe I protro still my top option. For some reason the zoom air on the Kobe I gives me an instant springy sensation under my forefoot far more than any other shoes. Anyone else find this true? Anyone else have instant forefoot bounce in other shoes not pictured here?

Surprised to hear that considering that you also have the Westbrooks right there.

Just scooped the Adidas Crazy explosive 2017 low from Marshalls for 35 bucks

Anyone play in them before?

Thoughts?

Yeah.

Good performer but the heel to toe drop was too steep for my liking.

That usually doesn't bother me but in those shoes, for whatever reason it was super pronounced and gave me this odd feeling of never feeling fully balanced on my feet.

Surprised to hear that considering that you also have the Westbrooks right there.

Yeah, I've played in the zero.2s a bunch over the last few weeks because of multiple recommendations from people who said the zoom is really bouncy. They are comfortable and all, but for some reason I feel more return on the bounce from the protro I. Maybe I just need to keep playing in the zero.2s to break them in more. I wish I could find a shoe that had the springiness of the protro I but wasn't so bulky. I haven't tried the zero.1 but heard the zoom was pretty good in those too. After hearing the zero.2s were bouncier than the zero.1s I went with them instead, but they haven't really lived up expectations.

Was looking at the Giannis 1s, Soldier 13s, and the Kyrie Low 2s but I think my next stop is with the WNZ2 SE.

Traction and cushion look to be the same and the upper trimmed the fat.

Jordan-Why-Not-Zero-2-SE-1.jpg

Those of you older folks that are hoopin in the Protro IV, how do you like them? I'm about to be 36 and cushioning is important to me. Telling myself comfort over nostalgia but seeing that CD color is pushing me towards nostalgia haha

13C3FEF4-20A2-4FCF-8715-224A68EF8886.jpeg
Here is my sneaker drawer in my office for lunchtime basketball games. Add Lebron 16 low which isn’t pictured. Kobe I protro still my top option. For some reason the zoom air on the Kobe I gives me an instant springy sensation under my forefoot far more than any other shoes. Anyone else find this true? Anyone else have instant forefoot bounce in other shoes not pictured here?
I get that spring in the Kobe 1 Protro for sure. I also have been hooping a lot in the AJ XXXIII mid and SE and although it doesn't feel the same, it isn't mushy. The traction has been A+ and my legs last a lot longer when using the AJ versus other pairs. I usually bring a few pairs with me but end up staying in those for three to four hours.

Those of you older folks that are hoopin in the Protro IV, how do you like them? I'm about to be 36 and cushioning is important to me. Telling myself comfort over nostalgia but seeing that CD color is pushing me towards nostalgia haha
I'm 42 and have been loving them. My DD pair have taken a beating and so far have been holding out very well. I'm a shifty, constantly moving player if that helps give an idea of what type of shoe I need to support my "size". :lol:

I was thinking about picking them up and trying to track down the most cushioned insole I could find (which probably makes the total purchase >$200:smh:)
Anybody rec an insole that can compensate for trash midsole cushion? Maybe that doesn't exist...

I was thinking about picking them up and trying to track down the most cushioned insole I could find (which probably makes the total purchase >$200:smh:)
Anybody rec an insole that can compensate for trash midsole cushion? Maybe that doesn't exist...

I was considering doing the same but to be completely honest with you, the forefoot cushion isn’t “trash” at all.

It’s not zoom but it absorbs impact really well and so far has held up in 2 weeks of play.

Insoles don’t really do much for me except alter the fit and usually in a negative way.

The rose 3 was 165 and had Eva midsole cushioning, looking back I don't think there was many complaints about it

I'm fine with phylon out the box but if it bottoms out like lunarlon I'll get pain after playing. Cushlon however in the kyrie 4 gave me no problems so hopefully the phylon in the Kobe 4 will be the same

I didn't pick them up at the time, but I remember trying these on at a FTL and being shocked at how much i could feel the forefoot zoom. I know it's just a regular zoom bag, but maybe the phylon used had something to do with it idk...

Funny that you bring this shoe up. Got this shoe for cheap at the outlets back in like 2016. Yes the forefoot zoom is quite noticeable. But other than that these shoes is TRASH as far as performance goes.

There’s this mid foot pain that is unbearable and is always there when you first play. Even after breaking them in. Don’t know if it’s the flywires or what. Doesn’t matter how tight or loose you wear them either. They hurt. And more importantly, the traction is straight up horrible for indoors. You are literally slipping and sliding everywhere. And they wore down pretty fast too. Pretty much just turned these into a blacktop shoot around shoe.

66692CF0-7E87-458E-A91D-CC674EF40AD0.jpeg

I don’t own a pair (yet), but tried them on for the first time yesterday... of course this is just based on step in comfortability and walking around in store but the cushioning felt pretty similar to most Kobe front-lunarlon/heel-zoom setups. A pretty fun combination, but there are better bouncier shoes with more impact protection if that’s what you’re looking for. I’m an older baller too, and I don’t mind lunarlon at all

I don’t own a pair (yet), but tried them on for the first time yesterday... of course this is just based on step in comfortability and walking around in store but the cushioning felt pretty similar to most Kobe front-lunarlon/heel-zoom setups. A pretty fun combination, but there are better bouncier shoes with more impact protection if that’s what you’re looking for. I’m an older baller too, and I don’t mind lunarlon at all

I tried them on too and they did feel pretty good cushion wise in store. Being older and not trying to kill myself out there, I guess I don't really need the best cushion out there. I really just run 3 point line to 3 point line :rofl:. Only see the paint on a guaranteed, wide open lay up

I was considering doing the same but to be completely honest with you, the forefoot cushion isn’t “trash” at all.

It’s not zoom but it absorbs impact really well and so far has held up in 2 weeks of play.

Insoles don’t really do much for me except alter the fit and usually in a negative way.
I've got super high arches. If there's not extra cushion up front it's just not gonna work for me.

Nice! 19s are like walking on pillows!!! Got a whole bunch of gift cards to use. Those of you that have both the Protro 1 and Protro 4, which ones do you like better and why??? Is the cushioning in the 1 that much better than the 4, being it's FLZ??

Back
Top Bottom