Nike Basketball (any brand) Rotation/Performance Reviews

Gonna try out the kyrie 5, can't say I really like the shoe but the spongebob collab is too tempting. I liked the 4 but the 3 really pissed me off and these seem like the 3 out the box
What didn’t you like about the 3??

That was my favorite model so far. Fit was perfect and didn’t need any break in time. Traction by far best out of his lineup (can never go wrong with herring bone) and overall just a great performer.

Was overshadowed by the bulky 4 and was forgotten for some reason. 4 is overrated imo

What didn’t you like about the 3??

That was my favorite model so far. Fit was perfect and didn’t need any break in time. Traction by far best out of his lineup (can never go wrong with herring bone) and overall just a great performer.

Was overshadowed by the bulky 4 and was forgotten for some reason. 4 is overrated imo

3 is a no nonsense shoe I chose them in a rec league final. Just hated the concrete cushioning and the stiff thin upper. I like shoes with soft plush uppers and some cushioning which the 4 has

Loving the Freak 1s for ball right now. Thought the minimalist cushion would make switching back to the Kobe 11s feel that much better, but I’m actually finding myself going back to the Freaks with some regularity

9DBC1ECC-A291-4B45-9553-D08F2C601C1B.jpeg
My old a** is done playing competitive ball. who wants to add this pair to their rotation? Used less than 5x.

Lunarlon probably a bit stiff in those at this point - anyone have comments on the old Kobe 8 and 9 and 11 drop in midsole cushion after time?

Lunarlon probably a bit stiff in those at this point - anyone have comments on the old Kobe 8 and 9 and 11 drop in midsole cushion after time?
lunarlon usually lasts me, honestly, just 3 weeks, and thats of regularly play 3x a week. Im glad they phased it out for react, that stuff was not durable at all. When its dead, it felt like a stiff phylon. I wish I got a full length zoom midsole when they had em on nike id, then i couldve switched on onto other kobes. As for how they feel when there old, Im not sure, mine went dead afte playing in them a bit.

clippermitch clippermitch you might be done playing competitively but you're probably not done playing. Keep those things man. Don't do it.
Thanks man. I still play here and there and I have a court at home. I have other shoes I play ball in. These shoes have been just sitting collecting dusts so thought somebody can put them to use.

9DBC1ECC-A291-4B45-9553-D08F2C601C1B.jpeg
My old a** is done playing competitive ball. who wants to add this pair to their rotation? Used less than 5x.
How old you bro? I’m over 40 and still play 3 or 4x a week (1 or 2 leagues, the rest pickup). The biggest thing is now I prefer to play against guys in my age range..maybe an occasional game or two against younger comp. Hell, just last week I threw down a dunk off the bounce after not even attempting to dunk in years. Don’t let a number stop you from doing something you love.

I play younger guys all the time, if youve been keeping up your strength and cardio in a gym you can definitely go out there again. Also im stronger than the majority of them now and can outmuscle most of their skinny asses on drive contact to make up for the vertical discrepency. Even if you arent in a gym, half court and 21 is all good.

How old you bro? I’m over 40 and still play 3 or 4x a week (1 or 2 leagues, the rest pickup). The biggest thing is now I prefer to play against guys in my age range..maybe an occasional game or two against younger comp. Hell, just last week I threw down a dunk off the bounce after not even attempting to dunk in years. Don’t let a number stop you from doing something you love.
Nice man! I’m 40. I can still play and hang with the young kids. I’m probably in the best shape in my life as I work out 4-5x a week where when I was playing ball all the time, I didn’t even lift weights. My biggest issue is recovery. My body just hurts. I end up just hating myself for playing the next day. Also, I have this big fear of getting hurt. I can’t afford to get injured and not being able to work. That would put my family’s well being at risk and at this point it’s not worth it. I still play ball here and there but nothing competitive.

nice. get yourself some.

Nice man! I’m 40. I can still play and hang with the young kids. I’m probably in the best shape in my life as I work out 4-5x a week where when I was playing ball all the time, I didn’t even lift weights. My biggest issue is recovery. My body just hurts. I end up just hating myself for playing the next day. Also, I have this big fear of getting hurt. I can’t afford to get injured and not being able to work. That would put my family’s well being at risk and at this point it’s not worth it. I still play ball here and there but nothing competitive.

Not quite 40 yet here but understand this whole statement completely. It is the recovery part where I feel the age. Foam rolling helps and making sure to hydrate as well as taking stretching very seriously. Playing I still feel real good. It helps that I see dudes 20+ years my senior out there still enjoying the game.

The only thing I hate playing with the younger kids is the occasional iso battle that will happen.

But other than that, love the game and everything in it. Will continue to play as long as I can.

I was able to buy a pair of Hyperdunk 2017 last week. I replaced the insoles with those from the Flightposite 1 (with zoom air on the forefoot and the heel). It felt amazing. The traction is really good on multiple courts. They have now become my go-to shoes.

I have to ask as someone who has never swapped insoles but has been intrigued. What do you guys do w the shoes you take them out from lol? Like doesn't it take away from using them

The only thing I hate playing with the younger kids is the occasional iso battle that will happen.
I can still hang with the young guys thanks to my grown man strength lol...but my biggest pet peeve with the young is the constant arguing. I’m not trying to spend my precious gym time with arguing about every call...was playing with some younger guys the other day, one was driving to the basket and initiated contact by pushing off with his off hand (like something Harden would do) but then cried for a foul when the defender returned the contact. That’s just weak and just irritates me when stuff like that happens...ruins the flow of the game smh

I don't mind the iso battle as much as I mind the Curry-range 3's.

I'm not even that old but that sh** pisses me the hell off.

Like we're down 5 or something and a 20 year old is pulling up from F****** half court and doesn't have that type of range.

There's probably one or two dudes that play pickup at my gym that can hit Curry-range threes with consistency. If you can hit that shot with regularity, by all means, pull up. But if not, cut it out lol!

Hi guys, I put a message in converse thread but as no answer try here.
I d like to buy pro bb but impossible from Europe. Can 1 helpful guy can support me to get it.
I ll pay in advance to cover all costs+ extra.
Thanks

Pick up ball has gone from being ehh to something I actively avoid whenever possible nowadays. The iso ball hog point guards, the 30 foot 3s, the arguing, the super physical guy who complains about any contact against him. It’s just not fun.

Was lucky enough to have a small group of friends who I’d run 21, 32, 3v3, whatever with a few days a week a few years back, but life happens and schedules change. Gotta try to find something like that again.

Pick up ball has gone from being ehh to something I actively avoid whenever possible nowadays. The iso ball hog point guards, the 30 foot 3s, the arguing, the super physical guy who complains about any contact against him. It’s just not fun.

Was lucky enough to have a small group of friends who I’d run 21, 32, 3v3, whatever with a few days a week a few years back, but life happens and schedules change. Gotta try to find something like that again.

I feel ya.

It's a matter of finding a gym, league or whatever that just has a consistent 25-50 people that don't play like jerks.

For me it was a matter of switching gyms that are a quarter mile apart.

Night and day difference.

At one place the games take forever, everyone complains, most guys don't pass, everyone jacks up 40 footers.

At the other, the court is slightly smaller but the games go faster and there's consistently guys showing up that are fun to play with.

I feel ya.

It's a matter of finding a gym, league or whatever that just has a consistent 25-50 people that don't play like jerks.

For me it was a matter of switching gyms that are a quarter mile apart.

Night and day difference.

At one place the games take forever, everyone complains, most guys don't pass, everyone jacks up 40 footers.

At the other, the court is slightly smaller but the games go faster and there's consistently guys showing up that are fun to play with.

That’s definitely true. I swear Life Time has the wildest dudes by a landslide, and judging by all the basketball fight videos online it seems to be a national issue. Might have to give the local XSport a chance.

Back
Top Bottom