Nike Basketball (any brand) Rotation/Performance Reviews

image.jpg

I can’t wear cheap socks...I've spoiled my feet with best stuff in the market.

What brands do you guys trust?

I'll add picks later...but currently hooping in the following:

PG 2, 2.5, 3
Lebron 16
Kobe 1 Protro
Kobe AD Mid
Adidas Marquee Boost low

All are really great, each have their own strengths and weaknesses...my go to right now is probably the PG 3, arguably the most balanced sneaker of the bunch.

I'll add picks later...but currently hooping in the following:

PG 2, 2.5, 3
Lebron 16
Kobe 1 Protro
Kobe AD Mid
Adidas Marquee Boost low

All are really great, each have their own strengths and weaknesses...my go to right now is probably the PG 3, arguably the most balanced sneaker of the bunch.

what's your take on the marquee boost? waiting until i can cop them under $70

The Kyrie 4 just may be the most complete hoops shoe made by Nike in years. Players from every position could wear them, along with size/weight variables. I was not surprised that this is the shoe that they made up for Zion, after the mishap in the George shoe.

The Kyrie 4 just may be the most complete hoops shoe made by Nike in years. Players from every position could wear them, along with size/weight variables. I was not surprised that this is the shoe that they made up for Zion, after the mishap in the George shoe.
The curved outsole still bugs me sometimes. It takes some getting used to. I'll wear my pair only every few months and I usually switch out of it for that reason.

hooped in the KD 12 for the first time. some initial thoughts:

- went TTS and still have a little space in the toebox. i have a regular width foot fwiw. these fit me better than any other shoe i've played in in a long time
- surprised at how low to the ground these are. still doesn't have the court feel of the harden 3, but not far off. i can see this being a versatile shoe for any position because of the nice blend of cushioning and court feel
- everyone is obsessed with the cushioning, but the fit and lockdown is also worth hyping up except for a very tiny bit of heel slip. didn't bother me much, but i did notice it. prob goes away with more break-in time as does most shoes.
- played on a semi-dusty court and traction was above average. not as good as something like the zer0.2s out the gate, but def much better than the dame 5s and kyrie 5s. prob better than the lebron 16s also but we'll see how it ages
- laces are kinda on the short side, but more of a cosmetic thing that doesn't affect performance
- did experience a little bit of pain on the lateral side of my arches, but i imagine more break in time will resolve this

Any stability issues? The forefoot is narrow with no outrigger, scaring me away.

Any stability issues? The forefoot is narrow with no outrigger, scaring me away.

i didn't notice any issues. still hard to describe the containment of the quad-axial flywire, but it had me feeling confident with making cuts and lateral movements even tho the upper is thin. i thought that was just gonna be some bs buzzword, but it felt ultra supportive for being so thin. the fit and lockdown were the most surprising to me, in a very good way. at least for the 3 full court games i played i didn't notice anything lacking there.

i left my KD 12s at my office and i'm working remote today, but i'm gonna take them home tomorrow and post some side-by-side pics along with some other shoes. i'm curious myself, but i feel that the width would be similar to something like the zer0.2 - narrow forefoot with no outrigger

can't tell if it's the angle since they're not both on a flat surface, but the 12 outsole looks a little narrower than the 11

Didn’t even know this was a thread. I hoop everyday, I used to play ball overseas and now I just train/coach on the side. But I play in a lot of good leagues and good pickup now. Love to see this thread!

This mornings choice. Unc Drewwww

5FF31978-5ABA-483D-988F-36C56E3D44BB.jpeg

Jordan tights? Are those the ones with a “different” waistband? If so, you like em better than normal standard tights?

JS”

what's your take on the marquee boost? waiting until i can cop them under $70
If you like wearing basketball shoes featuring Boost then these are really nice. Cushioning is soft, but not too mushy. I mostly prefer Zoom but this is a nice change of pace. Traction and fit are great, and unlike most Adidas lows I’ve tried in the past I haven’t experienced any heel slippage in this shoe. One thing I don’t like is the cheap insole that comes with it, quick swap = easy fix.

What’s the verdict on KD12 performance

Haven’t put a ton of time in them yet, but if my early impression holds up over time then we’re a solid rubber outsole away from an all-time performer.

I’ve been compiling notes after every wear so I’ll have more detailed feedback prob sometime in the next couple of weeks.

Jordan tights? Are those the ones with a “different” waistband? If so, you like em better than normal standard tights?

JS”

Yep, these are those.
They are better in the legs than normal tights, I love the fit and the feel. That waist is garbage though. haha

Here’s some comparisons of the KD 12s vs some random shoes. They’re even narrower than the zer0.2. Bonus if you can name them all

1AF88418-A3C4-4308-9F7D-AABE2E5A9E96.jpeg F4318D04-362D-4B21-90A0-8D6EDAAA2A71.jpeg F6A165DA-EE55-48AF-AE25-F29F71C9D045.jpeg 6D8EC1EB-3897-4485-844E-30D2DE9D7CA5.jpeg 0D6A40DC-1061-4AC0-8AAF-2174398B7DF9.jpeg 0F993882-69A2-481D-A30C-61585C9B8509.jpeg 2AD3F452-4280-434A-9834-AE23968AD996.jpeg
66B792E5-2DC7-4091-A122-D848BEBCE1C2.jpeg

Thanks for the pictures, god look at that sexy wide Kobe. Anyone have a picture they can post of the Lebron 16 vs KD12 sole?

I think i'll pick these up and give them a shake. You've convinced me Vlad.

Yep, these are those.
They are better in the legs than normal tights, I love the fit and the feel. That waist is garbage though. haha

Hahaha. Thanks for the update. I’ve been eyeing a pair but the waistband had me hesitating lol.

JS”

Thanks for the pictures, god look at that sexy wide Kobe. Anyone have a picture they can post of the Lebron 16 vs KD12 sole?

I think i'll pick these up and give them a shake. You've convinced me Vlad.

I have a pair of 16s at the office so I’ll take a pic later.

IMO I think the traction is more of a concern than the support so far. Traction hasn’t impressed me. Maybe it gets better with more time, but the clear sole and the thin grooves have not been great on dusty courts

IMO I think the traction is more of a concern than the support so far. Traction hasn’t impressed me. Maybe it gets better with more time, but the clear sole and the thin grooves have not been great on dusty courts

After the nonsense they put out with the Kyrie 5, traction was my biggest concern...All the comfort in the world means nothing if you're sliding around

Back
Top Bottom