Nike Basketball (any brand) Rotation/Performance Reviews

Thanks for reply! I’ve heard/ seen mixed reviews on all 3. Hustles seem to be lacking lateral support and the other 2 cushion? I’ve also read Sabs traction may be inconsistent?

As far as the 38 lows I’m eyeing the black PFs. That solid outsole really makes them look cleaner imo :pimp:
I only play on clean wood courts so Sab 1s have been legit for me. Hustle 2 are not as rigid and secure as most but cushioning is A1 and runners loop locks the foot in. I actually dig the cushion setup in all 4 with the Sab 1s being the worst of the group. The JA 1s fit snug, even with me using my prefered 12.5 for competitive play. But they are a very nice ride. My preference in, order:
1. Jordan 38s
2. Hustle 2s
3. Sab 1
4. Ja 1s

I only play on clean wood courts so Sab 1s have been legit for me. Hustle 2 are not as rigid and secure as most but cushioning is A1 and runners loop locks the foot in. I actually dig the cushion setup in all 4 with the Sab 1s being the worst of the group. The JA 1s fit snug, even with me using my prefered 12.5 for competitive play. But they are a very nice ride. My preference in, order:
1. Jordan 38s
2. Hustle 2s
3. Sab 1
4. Ja 1s
Thanks for the insight! Good to see 38s at the top, definitely best looking of the bunch followed closely by Sabs :pimp:

IMG_9570.jpeg

Can’t recall if I already posted this but whatever.

Not pictured: Lebron 20’s and 21’s.

I’m not buying anymore hoops shoes as I don’t play as much as I used to, but It’s been hell fighting off the temptation of the AE1’s.

Probably gonna get rid of both pairs of 6’s. Can’t stand them lol

IMG_9570.jpeg

Can’t recall if I already posted this but whatever.

Not pictured: Lebron 20’s and 21’s.

I’m not buying anymore hoops shoes as I don’t play as much as I used to, but It’s been hell fighting off the temptation of the AE1’s.

Probably gonna get rid of both pairs of 6’s. Can’t stand them lol
And you’re what size again?

brian blades brian blades i bought 38 low and the Cut 3 last week with intentions of only keeping one. As much as I love the 38, the Cut 3 fits my foot better. The 38 low still has some slight heel slip and some arch pinching where the Cut just fits my foot perfect. The ZoomX and the Zoom strobel feel about the same to me. Traction is about equal too. The one thing the 38 has clear cut is - it’s a Jordan. But… I’m returning the 38 low and keeping the Cut 3.

brian blades brian blades i bought 38 low and the Cut 3 last week with intentions of only keeping one. As much as I love the 38, the Cut 3 fits my foot better. The 38 low still has some slight heel slip and some arch pinching where the Cut just fits my foot perfect. The ZoomX and the Zoom strobel feel about the same to me. Traction is about equal too. The one thing the 38 has clear cut is - it’s a Jordan. But… I’m returning the 38 low and keeping the Cut 3.
Thanks for reply! I ended up ordering a pair of pioneer v8s because it seems they’re drying up, I had a reward at hibbett that was expiring soon, and it’s my favorite cw of the 8s that we’ve seen :lol: I‘ll most likely pick up a pair of all these when they hit deep disco. Really want the AS Cut 3, hoping those make it down to ~$125 but I’m cool with any CW if the price is right.

SPO definitely serious about performance, didn’t want to pay Another $400 Kobe shoes just to beat on court and these definitely are same or even better because of the drop in midsole options you get (my opinion) …besides balling in my harden 8’s, these are my favorite right now .

Had them for two weeks and so far these are the shoes I’ve been balling lately.

The Gt academy would have been my favorites but I feel like the cushion is starting to bottom out(230lbs) but still an excellent option for the money your spending and what your getting.

IMG_3217.jpeg

Last edited:
Really struggling here people, so any help would be appreciated.

I have had an history of ankle problems, and I tend to turn my ankle from time to time, you could probably even call it some chronic instability at thiss point. Had an sprain about two months back also, and I'm back on court now wearing a brace after going to some physical therapy after that.

The question is, why come I get some awful ankle pain playing in lows (even wearing the braces) but zero/mild in high/mid tops, ones that ride over that big bone on your ankle? I guess it's called lateral and medial malleolus.

Yes I know the drill that everyone touts, "do some physical therapy/ strenghten your ankles/start a freakin' ballet class/yadayadayada/all that ****. But what if I told that I have went through so many hours of physical therapy on my ankles in my life, that I can't say if it's even under 150 hours these days, and the issue still persists.

Yes I know, shoe height doesn't equal ankle support but there has to be some correlation since I only get some very mild ankle pain at worst when playingin high tops and after playing in low tops with braces, I barely can walk the next two days.

Any help is appreciated here fellas!

It could have to do with proprioception. Foot Doctor Zack explained, in one his videos, how Steph Curry relies on his ankle braces more for proprioception than injury prevention. Years of ankle injuries and surgeries messed with his nerve endings, so even though he’s done the work to get back he’s still prone to rolling. The feel of the ankle braces sort of tell his mind wear his ankles are in space and trigger the muscles around them. I’m assuming high tops work in a similar way. I don’t know 🤷🏿‍♂️ though lol.

Really struggling here people, so any help would be appreciated.

I have had an history of ankle problems, and I tend to turn my ankle from time to time, you could probably even call it some chronic instability at thiss point. Had an sprain about two months back also, and I'm back on court now wearing a brace after going to some physical therapy after that.

The question is, why come I get some awful ankle pain playing in lows (even wearing the braces) but zero/mild in high/mid tops, ones that ride over that big bone on your ankle? I guess it's called lateral and medial malleolus.

Yes I know the drill that everyone touts, "do some physical therapy/ strenghten your ankles/start a freakin' ballet class/yadayadayada/all that ****. But what if I told that I have went through so many hours of physical therapy on my ankles in my life, that I can't say if it's even under 150 hours these days, and the issue still persists.

Yes I know, shoe height doesn't equal ankle support but there has to be some correlation since I only get some very mild ankle pain at worst when playingin high tops and after playing in low tops with braces, I barely can walk the next two days.

Any help is appreciated here fellas!

Yeah likely a proprioception thing to explain how you feel in mid and highs.

If you can, go get an x Ray and talk to a good orthopedist about it to see if they can tell what’s going on.

I do know that throwing an ankle brace on ankle problems without doctor’s supervision is not the best path because the brace works by stabilizing your ankle and preventing it from moving naturally which in turn puts more stress on your knee- which is not ideal to put it lightly.

Also if you’re 5”11’ 190- 200 that’s on the heavy side so shedding some pounds couldn’t hurt either.

I’m 6”2 178 and my legs always feel better when I’m in the 168-172 range…

Last edited:
Yeah likely a proprioception thing to explain how you feel in mid and highs.

If you can, go get an x Ray and talk to a good orthopedist about it to see if they can tell what’s going on.

I do know that throwing an ankle brace on ankle problems without doctor’s supervision is not the best path because the brace works by stabilizing your ankle and preventing it from moving naturally which in turn puts more stress on your knee- which is not ideal to put it lightly.

Also if you’re 5”11’ 190- 200 that’s on the heavy side so shedding some pounds couldn’t hurt either.

I’m 6”2 178 and my legs always feel better when I’m in the 168-172 range…

All right, thanks for the insight, and I will definetely look into this advice sir! I made an appointment for next month to an lower limb orthopedic, so let's see what they have to say about :smile: I actually got an xray done last time when I rolled my ankle, and the doctor said that there was nothing unusual there.

I actually got an ankle brace from that same appointment, since the doctor told me "I'm pretty certain you ain't getting any younger, and I'm also pretty certain that you are not gonna hang up your basketball shoes just yet so I would advice you to wear a brace on your left ankle, and it wouldn't hurt to get one for your right one too" , I FELT ATTACKED :D

Okay, I need to also look into that weight loss thing. Swithing from an job that demanded constant moving and physicality, to an job where I sit most of the day has taken it's toll and I can see it on my waist :emoji_expressionless:

Anybody wear compression calf sleeves? I’m looking into getting some, just popped my calf yesterday playing pickup. First time with this kind of injury. Most research I’ve done points to CEP 4.0 for runners but wanted to ask the NT Fam for any insight :nerd:

Anybody wear compression calf sleeves? I’m looking into getting some, just popped my calf yesterday playing pickup. First time with this kind of injury. Most research I’ve done points to CEP 4.0 for runners but wanted to ask the NT Fam for any insight :nerd:

I used to. I think the ones I had were from a brand called “Run Forever” on Amazon. They were inexpensive and did the job, although different sleeves provide different levels of compression so it would be impossible for me to tell whether the same sleeves would work for anybody else.

But whatever you do, don’t just throw the sleeve on and get right back out there lol

I used to. I think the ones I had were from a brand called “Run Forever” on Amazon. They were inexpensive and did the job, although different sleeves provide different levels of compression so it would be impossible for me to tell whether the same sleeves would work for anybody else.

But whatever you do, don’t just throw the sleeve on and get right back out there lol
lol yeah I’m definitely not going to rush and make sure I’m good to go. Just want to take all the precautions I can. I hate not being able to play. Thanks for your insight.

When you say "popped", are you talking about a medically diagnosed calf muscle tear?

I wear this grizzly sleeve from Amazon for my torn meniscus, calf pain and it’s worked wonders.
IMG_0726.jpeg

My left calf has always been prone to getting cramps. I use the McDavid neoprene calf sleeves. keeps it warm and blood circulating. I also have a pro-tec knit calf sleeve. less sweaty after playing lol.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NPP7KM8/

Back
Top Bottom