Nike Basketball (any brand) Rotation/Performance Reviews

Back-2-back hoop sessions (last night & this morning) in the 38s. I'm legit in love with these. Need 2 more pair.
1000020703.jpg
How’s the X-Plate separation issue on your pair? This was one of the first mids and there were a lot of images of the defect. Same thing happened to my aquas after the first run in them. Debating on trying the Chinese New Year pair, since it is the last of the mids so far and unlike the others has a milky outsole like the Gratitude 11’s. Not sure if that matters, but willing to try. These are such great shoes to hoop in.

How’s the X-Plate separation issue on your pair? This was one of the first mids and there were a lot of images of the defect. Same thing happened to my aquas after the first run in them. Debating on trying the Chinese New Year pair, since it is the last of the mids so far and unlike the others has a milky outsole like the Gratitude 11’s. Not sure if that matters, but willing to try. These are such great shoes to hoop in.
No separation issue on mine. *knock on wood* I haven't enjoyed the feel, comfort, performance and overall look of a shoe as much as I have with the 38 mids in a very long time. Very tempted to try a pair of the lows. But the andle support is something I like about the mids and not sure if the lack thereof in the lows would tarnish my experience of this iteration.

Can anyone comment on the Move insole difference if they’ve tried? I have the game day and have used them for quite a bit but wanted to see if anyone’s paid up for the $60 version. I can always use extra cushion!

Can anyone comment on the Move insole difference if they’ve tried? I have the game day and have used them for quite a bit but wanted to see if anyone’s paid up for the $60 version. I can always use extra cushion!
I own both.

Game day = basically a thicker insole w/ extra cushion in the heel

Game day pro = carbon plate for more support, same extra heel cushion.

Honestly I think on shoes that have some sort of shank plate you probably won’t really need the pros…but it does add some extra rigidity to the midsole. If you already have one pair I’d say it’s probably not worth the upgrade but if you’re thinking about coping for the first time go ahead and pay the extra cost for the GDP.

Random question, is there any place where to find same kind of laces that KD 14's use? My pair is gonna have their laces snap at anytime soon, and I really been struggling to get some good laces on them.

I mean sure, sports stores etc are filled with different kinds of laces but I'm especially fond to these, and it feels like I get way better lockdown with these kinds of laces than something like flat laces would and I like that they have little bit of elasticity to them so you can crank down those laces real good. I bought these earlier this year: https://www.outsole.nl/laces/nike-laces/nike-sb-laces/nike-sb-laces-white/ but they are a real puta to be lacing, since the lace loops are much smaller in diameter than the laces so they get really stuck in there and you have to adjust them one-by-one, one side at a time.

Something like Amazon is preferred since I live in Europe and some of those small companies can charge a hefty sum from shipping to Europe (Was gonna order some Move insoles back in the day, but decided not to since their postage fee to my country was over 100 dollars, which with taxes would have made them cost over 200 dollars :D ) but a good webshop is fine also.

Thanks!

I would definitely get that checked out.

Sidenote: These shoes are comfy as hell
IMG_1742.jpeg

do they need to be broken in? wore them once and i didnt feel the extraordinary cushioning that many shoetubers have been raving about or it should provide based on the thickkkkkkkkkk midsole. toe box fits snug going TTS as well but midfoot and backfoot felt fine.

Random question, is there any place where to find same kind of laces that KD 14's use? My pair is gonna have their laces snap at anytime soon, and I really been struggling to get some good laces on them.

I mean sure, sports stores etc are filled with different kinds of laces but I'm especially fond to these, and it feels like I get way better lockdown with these kinds of laces than something like flat laces would and I like that they have little bit of elasticity to them so you can crank down those laces real good. I bought these earlier this year: https://www.outsole.nl/laces/nike-laces/nike-sb-laces/nike-sb-laces-white/ but they are a real puta to be lacing, since the lace loops are much smaller in diameter than the laces so they get really stuck in there and you have to adjust them one-by-one, one side at a time.

Something like Amazon is preferred since I live in Europe and some of those small companies can charge a hefty sum from shipping to Europe (Was gonna order some Move insoles back in the day, but decided not to since their postage fee to my country was over 100 dollars, which with taxes would have made them cost over 200 dollars :D ) but a good webshop is fine also.

Thanks!
I’ve been ordering off of Lacelab.com for the neon AE1 laces and they have a huge variety. Not sure if they ship to Europe though.

I’ve been ordering off of Lacelab.com for the neon AE1 laces and they have a huge variety. Not sure if they ship to Europe though.

They actually do, have ordered from them a couple of times! Could you post a link to the laces that you use for your AE1's? Also, if anyone has lace recommendations for Kobe 1 Protro "Final Seconds", would be glad to accept them!

Much appreciated sir!

do they need to be broken in? wore them once and i didnt feel the extraordinary cushioning that many shoetubers have been raving about or it should provide based on the thickkkkkkkkkk midsole. toe box fits snug going TTS as well but midfoot and backfoot felt fine.
I'd say the cushion is thick and soft. I'm not sure what is mean by extraodinary but it feels really good imo. It feels like the NB 1080 but for hooping.

I bought the Grey Day version. The color is amazing but they're super narrow compared to the other colors. I hope I got a bad pair.

I'd say the cushion is thick and soft. I'm not sure what is mean by extraodinary but it feels really good imo. It feels like the NB 1080 but for hooping.

I bought the Grey Day version. The color is amazing but they're super narrow compared to the other colors. I hope I got a bad pair.
Thanks for sharing. hooped in them for the second time and they felt less narrow and more plush. extraordinary I guess would be pro nitro , thick, plush and responsive. The FF BB 2 are not as soft as I expected to give up on the responsiveness. I guess I prefer a more responsive set up.

They actually do, have ordered from them a couple of times! Could you post a link to the laces that you use for your AE1's? Also, if anyone has lace recommendations for Kobe 1 Protro "Final Seconds", would be glad to accept them!

Much appreciated sir!
I used these for my all star and best of adi volts - they have 3M in them and reflect with the toe box - and they stay tied. 54 inch

The way that Performance basketball sneakers have been made the past few years has been great. You can go to any sneaker store and pick a great performer from any brand. JB, Nike< Adidas, UA and the other mid major & private owned brands have great performers too. It's A really good time to be a hooper/sports enthusiast. ENJOY!!!!

The way that Performance basketball sneakers have been made the past few years has been great. You can go to any sneaker store and pick a great performer from any brand. JB, Nike< Adidas, UA and the other mid major & private owned brands have great performers too. It's A really good time to be a hooper/sports enthusiast. ENJOY!!!!
I only wish I was atleast 20 years younger lol.

Back
Top Bottom