Nike confuses USC with the school near Diddy Reese vol. marketing failure

Nike Confuses USC With that School Near Diddy Reese.

Unless I am being punked this is absurd. Unless I went spontaneously colorblind, this is utterly insane. Nike spends more money on their products and ads andR&D than almost anyone out there. I know sometimes spicing up a team's clothing designs sparks sales. Sometimes, we like a Dodger hat in brown with akey lime LA on it. We like to get extra funky sometimes.

But honestly Nike, what the hell is this !@%%?

picture-1.png

SC gear in UCLA colors. Unless you come from a "mixed marriage" of a Bruin and Trojan, who the hell is wearing these things? This is honestly likewearing a t-shirt with a picture of another guy having sex with your girlfriend on it. It's brutal. It's a bastardization of all that is right with theuniversity. Is there no intern at Nike that spoke up and said "yo, these are UCLA colors, dude". No one?

picture-2.png

I honestly think I'm being deceived here. There's no way this can be real. Is this the best hoax ever or the worst planning ever. You tell me. I amsure Bruins will buy this though. They can finally wear the logo of a winning team to their football games without being pointed at in a crowd.
picture-3.png

http://lostangelesblog.wordpress.com/2009/09/03/nike-confuses-usc-with-that-school-near-diddy-reese/

and here is the link to the product:
http://store.nike.com/index.jsp?cou...=en_US#l=shop,pdp,ctr-inline/cid-1/pid-242937

Its not a mistake. Nike is just doing a lot of experimenting with their new college line. Most of the apparel they have produced has nothing to do with schoolcolors. Probably a subliminal at UCLA.

Originally Posted by SaltineWarrior

Its not a mistake. Nike is just doing a lot of experimenting with their new college line.
Yup. They have a bunch of UNC gear in Green and Red colorways. Coming soon to a Nike Factory store near you.

Wish they would sell some FLorida gator stuff in a Factory store in So Cal, but I know Im just wishing on a star.

oh, i get it now. it's kinda like that situation where what's his faces sister was dating dude from OSU a couple of years back and she wore the morphedjersey.

it's all clear to me. if you a chick and your brother goes to ucla and you are taking pipe from some dude over at usc, she can rep both teams all at once.

Originally Posted by gumbottombandit

oh, i get it now. it's kinda like that situation where what's his faces sister was dating dude from OSU a couple of years back and she wore the morphed jersey.

it's all clear to me. if you a chick and your brother goes to ucla and you are taking pipe from some dude over at usc, she can rep both teams all at once.
I think it was A.J Hawk's sister who was dating Brady Quinn and it was tOSU v ND in the Fiesta Bowl.

^ other way around

Brady's sister was dating Hawk..........She was to good for him imo

smh.gif

I saw that while I was browsing Swoosh. It wasn't just UCLA colors, it was Trojan gear in green as well.

Like someone said, "Coming to a Nike Factory Store near you". Nobody is going to buy that $%*$.

Originally Posted by PRETTYPLAYA

alright, school color isn't that serious lol
dealing with usc/ucla it is or at least i would think so
kind of like if it was Tsip apparel in maroon/cream or marron/white for OU or TAMU respectively

I got a SF Giants hat in the A's colorway.......i just needed a green and yellow hat

Back
Top Bottom