Nike debuts New Air Trainer 1- Set to release 7/1/2009 (aka the manny trainers)

B. Roy and AP's will be copped. I'm lovin' these. I don't play basketball, but I workout, and this shoe looks good from a casual point of view.Thanks Nike.

new shoe "review" up:
http://backporch.fanhouse.com/2009/05/18/nike-trainer-1-shoe-review/

positive note about the weight. However I wonder what sz. he is though

In comparing across other models:

2000 ATIII sz 12: 1:nerd:z. #(real materials)

2000 AT1 sz 11: 15.35 oz #(real materials)
2000 AT1 sz 12: 16 oz. #(real materials)
2000 AT1 sz 13: 17 oz. #(real materials)

2002 AT1 mac sz 11: 14 oz. *(synthetic materials)
2002 AT1 mac sz 12: 15 oz *(synthetic materials)

2004 ZT1 sz 12: 15.75 oz #(real materials)
2004 ZT1 sz 13: 16.25oz. #(real materials)

2005 AT1 low FT sz 12: 17oz. #(real materials)

2005 AT1 low sz 13: 16.25oz #(real materials)

2008 Zoom tennis trainer sz 12.5: 15oz *(synthetic materials)

Asics GT-2110 sz 13: 14.75 oz.
-------------------------------------

Bottomline, its a sad excuse imo to throw out how synthetics are "lighter" and more durable when real suede and leather is just one oz. heavier. Dontbelieve the hype. its all about saving that money

i need a new pair of shoes for my workouts...i'll cop when a 30% or 50% sale comes around.

Interesting review. He ran 3.5 miles in these? They look like they have 0 arch support.

I wouldn't see this shoe as any kind of distance running shoe, but yeah for suicides and speed drills, it seems okay. I'd rather trust my own runningshoes for that.

After the giant improvement of running shoes, I still can't see myself going straight from the weights and onto the treadmill for a 5-7 mile run. I'm awuss.

pacman knows

bo knows

roy knows

it seems everybody knows that these shoes are fire

Originally Posted by Dynamic X

Interesting review. He ran 3.5 miles in these? They look like they have 0 arch support.

I wouldn't see this shoe as any kind of distance running shoe, but yeah for suicides and speed drills, it seems okay. I'd rather trust my own running shoes for that.

After the giant improvement of running shoes, I still can't see myself going straight from the weights and onto the treadmill for a 5-7 mile run. I'm a wuss.

good point . To some degree with cross trainers that do everything 8 out of 10, why go that route when people only tend to go with the weights and treadmill.With no lateral motion to be seen, why not use the top of the line 10 out of 10 running stuff.. then there are those that seemingly just play your court sportsin high top bball type shoes.. With trainers getting lower and lower they have literally worked themselves out of everyones rotation.

At my gym, there seem to be only two types among the thousands that are there encompassing at least 95% of the people there... lifters/cardio guys in strictlyasics or nike runners. The other group is the court sport guys in bball shoes.. Dedicated specialty shoes have only gotten better and better meanwhile trainersimo started to trail off and away from multi-use, just take the height of the shoes after all these years especially the sparq line.. There goal was a shoe fordrills for your sport, not a gym shoe to play everything... With all that said, this model with a 3/4 cut appears on track much like the zoom trainer was to beTHAT gym shoe again.

unless this reviewer is misinformed or ONLY had space for one pair of shoes and chose the multi-use pair, I would never wear these for strictly running like hedid

Sure hope so. At the time though, the Air Trainer 1 probably did a good enough job comparing with other shoes back then, but now weight lifting is all about afirm sole while running is mostly about soft foam and good cushioning, something weight lifters normally don't like.

However, "that" gym shoe happens to be the Air Monarch right now...
laugh.gif

man these are growin on me
i want those steelers ones
max air+nike free will be so awesome for running on the track or trail roads

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

new shoe "review" up:
http://backporch.fanhouse.com/2009/05/18/nike-trainer-1-shoe-review/

positive note about the weight. However I wonder what sz. he is though

In comparing across other models:

2000 ATIII sz 12: 1:nerd:z. #(real materials)

2000 AT1 sz 11: 15.35 oz #(real materials)
2000 AT1 sz 12: 16 oz. #(real materials)
2000 AT1 sz 13: 17 oz. #(real materials)

2002 AT1 mac sz 11: 14 oz. *(synthetic materials)
2002 AT1 mac sz 12: 15 oz *(synthetic materials)

2004 ZT1 sz 12: 15.75 oz #(real materials)
2004 ZT1 sz 13: 16.25oz. #(real materials)

2005 AT1 low FT sz 12: 17oz. #(real materials)

2005 AT1 low sz 13: 16.25oz #(real materials)

2008 Zoom tennis trainer sz 12.5: 15oz *(synthetic materials)

Asics GT-2110 sz 13: 14.75 oz.
-------------------------------------

Bottomline, its a sad excuse imo to throw out how synthetics are "lighter" and more durable when real suede and leather is just one oz. heavier. Dont believe the hype. its all about saving that money
qft.

Originally Posted by igotthatfire247

I can't help but notice the strong resemblance to the Kobe IV's.
co designer (eric avar) of these new trainers also designed the kobe IVs, hyperdunks, frees, free trainers, huarache 2k4, 2k5s, zoom kobe I, kobeIII, flightposite, hyperflights, shox bb4s among many other models.. aaron cooper, the other co designer, according to us patents, has quite the unique arrayof shoes designed himself. lebron Is, ultraflights, garnett IIIs, Penny IIs just to name to few..... All truly unique designs creating personas all bythemselves..

Its interesting to see them combine to go the "inspired by/recreation" route. Part of me says, they couldve gone in their own direction and createdsomething really innovative and unique as a new bred trainer that leaves you in awe. the other part says, its cool they left some old school inspiration andworked in some technologies that "work" to create a blend, much like the zoom trainer 1 was.

Some could argue with the combination of those great minds coming together and the history of their previous designs, this is a little bit underwhleming. Ithink that's fair to state.

Thoughts? When you think about it like that with the designers and what theyve done, they're no slouches to the shoe business, so does that leave you a bitunderwhelmed as well? I'm left 50/50 on these?

without these PEs that most likely wont even be GRs, "hype factor" would be almost zero. Not something youd want out of a avar/cooper collaboration..If tinkers own trainer designs don't sell why should avar/coopers? answer: top of the line athlete driven campaign which we saw.. Driving the"hype" when the general public will see none of it.. smoke and mirrors folks

Eric Avar and Aaron Cooper are truly the next link in the chain after the god himself, Tinker Hatfield.

While the Trainer 1 may be somewhat understated, I think that it's more due to the general trends in Nike designs over the last few years rather than thefault of Avar or Cooper... If you look at the last few years of Nike signature sneakers, they're far less envelope-pushing than many of their designs fromthe late '90s. Notice how the LeBron's and Kobe's from the past few years all prominently feature the Swoosh -- whereas the Foam Ones, Zoom Flight'95s and Flightposites, for example, didn't.

And since it's an evolution of the Air Trainer series, I think you're inherently more constrained by the past designs than if you're designing froma clean slate. And let's face it -- fusion/mash-up/hybrid's are obviously the trend/movement that Nike is pushing right now.

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

without these PEs that most likely wont even be GRs, "hype factor" would be almost zero. Not something youd want out of a avar/cooper collaboration.. If tinkers own trainer designs don't sell why should avar/coopers? answer: top of the line athlete driven campaign which we saw.. Driving the "hype" when the general public will see none of it.. smoke and mirrors folks

Yes sir.

Back
Top Bottom