Nike debuts New Air Trainer 1- Set to release 7/1/2009 (aka the manny trainers)

They do run a little tight. If you have wide feet then might want to go a half size bigger. I only wore them casually but they are light and have plenty ofsupport.

So I purchased these off that auction site(the ones Wally posted earlier). So here are my personal opinions on the shoe, keep in mind these are pre-productionmodels so they may or may not be different from the release versions. I had a chance to take them to the gym today...

As stated by GZA73 these run small, like the true AT1s I'd recommend going up a halfsize. I think the snug fit may be due to the sock like sleeve, it gives a nice locked down feel to the shoe so a strap would probably have been overkill.

The materials are all synthetic as stated earlier. I don't mind the synthetic suede(which is the same used on the '04 and '08 versions of the AT1),but the plasticky pleather on the toe cap and around the ankle is just plain cheap to me. Its like the materials they use on $45 Nikes you find at Target.Though not as stiff as the materials on the '08 ZTT I'd still prefer a softer more flexible material. This shoe is no lighter than the ZTT or AT1.

I have never really been a fan of the 'Freesole'. Sure they flex well, but the cushioning isn't there and the exposed air bubble to be honest isjust there for looks.

I personally don't think these should be considered a "midcut" shoe. They don't even rise half way to my ankle bone! All in all I agree withWally's statement that these are not a true "cross trainer". I can see these being excellent for doing speed drills that require a lot of cuttingand whatnot, but as an all around trainer these are pretty flat, literally. I still prefer my Air Edge TR 08 and ZTT for my go to gym shoes because of the factthey have sufficient cushioning as well as the "locked down" feel.

In summary these are not an evolution of the classic AT1(I consider the ZTT to fit that description) but maybe an offspring...more resembling its cousins theFree Trainer and Sparq Trainer.

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

^^ how comfy is it to walk in?... can you compare it to any AM's?
These don't have much cushioning. They're pretty flat feeling, they don't feel like any AM I can think of. They're pretty specificfor their purpose in my opinion.

Originally Posted by SoleAddict34

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

^^ how comfy is it to walk in?... can you compare it to any AM's?
These don't have much cushioning. They're pretty flat feeling, they don't feel like any AM I can think of. They're pretty specific for their purpose in my opinion.
Thats disappointing.

nice breakdown and photos soleaddict34.

soleaddict34, you say these don't even go up to your ankles, right. how would the ZTT 08 compare in that regard? those 08s are considered moderate midcutshoes, so if the new ones don't even match up with those, then we might be on the "low" scale here, much like every sparq trainer currently is.Which would throw out any possibility of a support shoe for basketball, let alone cushioning.

Going back to the ZTT, those had a msrp of $80 and still had zoom air in both the forefoot and heel. Here, at $90, I wonder where that money is going.. R&Dcosts more than anything else?

this made a questionable decision even more questionable

In that case, I'll stick with Air Edge Trainers and Air Monarchs then. Looks like I won't be missing out.

Thank you much SoleAddict34.

Despite the lack of cushioning that I'm reading about, I'm still going to pick up a pair to workout in. I don't like shoes that have too muchcushion when I'm doing squats and different leg exercises. Sometimes I just need the stability.

i haven't been lookin in thise thread in a while

it seems like these comin out very cheap
so is it 79.99? or 99.99?

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

soleaddict34, you say these don't even go up to your ankles, right. how would the ZTT 08 compare in that regard? those 08s are considered moderate midcut shoes, so if the new ones don't even match up with those, then we might be on the "low" scale here, much like every sparq trainer currently is. Which would throw out any possibility of a support shoe for basketball, let alone cushioning.

Going back to the ZTT, those had a msrp of $80 and still had zoom air in both the forefoot and heel. Here, at $90, I wonder where that money is going.. R&D costs more than anything else?

Yeah, the TR1s come right up to below my ankle bone and the ZTT are fully above the top of my ankle bone.

I agree that these would work well for weight training movements such as squats, lunges, deadlifts, etc(although I still use my Otomix for leg days). Don'tget me wrong, I do like the shoe(especially the look), but I just wish these were a little more versatile.

Originally Posted by SoleAddict34

soleaddict34, you say these don't even go up to your ankles, right. how would the ZTT 08 compare in that regard? those 08s are considered moderate midcut shoes, so if the new ones don't even match up with those, then we might be on the "low" scale here, much like every sparq trainer currently is. Which would throw out any possibility of a support shoe for basketball, let alone cushioning.

Going back to the ZTT, those had a msrp of $80 and still had zoom air in both the forefoot and heel. Here, at $90, I wonder where that money is going.. R&D costs more than anything else?

Yeah, the TR1s come right up to below my ankle bone and the ZTT are fully above the top of my ankle bone.

I agree that these would work well for weight training movements such as squats, lunges, deadlifts, etc(although I still use my Otomix for leg days). Don't get me wrong, I do like the shoe(especially the look), but I just wish these were a little more versatile.
Otomix!
pimp.gif

I use my Otomix wrestling shoes for lifting too, because of the flat sole, and ideally, that's the best for weight lifting, or at least the closest (Barefoot). I don't like to squat in running shoes because I always feel like I'm about to fall over at some point.

But as a cross trainer, a flat sole is hard to maintain with the running concept thrown in. Oh well. Maybe one day there will be a magic foam that is the bestof both things.

The Air Trainer 1 Legacy Pack was scheduled for release today at NTSF, NTLV, and NTNY for a retail price of $180. Nice pick-up.

hoosGForbes, that your pic?
grin.gif
I know where it came with and am notimpressed
indifferent.gif

they come with any sort of pamplet or info card?

Originally Posted by real vip

The Air Trainer 1 Legacy Pack was scheduled for release today at NTSF, NTLV, and NTNY for a retail price of $180. Nice pick-up.

Do you know how many pairs released for this?

grin.gif
I know where it came with and am not impressed
indifferent.gif

Either an ebayer stole his pics or he's really selling his $180 trainer pack for $900... resellers
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by SinnerP

grin.gif
I know where it came with and am not impressed
indifferent.gif

Either an ebayer stole his pics or he's really selling his $180 trainer pack for $900... resellers
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
and the TREND has been set
laugh.gif
.. three more on that auctionsite.. great auction setup i must say with the videos.. some great photos of the set there too.

It goes from no one talking about it or even knowing about a release including the sneaker blog/websites to a person posting his "pickup" 24 minutesbefore its listed on ebay. Now people are buying to resell
tired.gif
. I guess itwas all bound to happen. The cats out of the bag.

just for reference if you will, I think I paid $900 for 5 pairs of zoom trainer 1s and 5 pairs of 2000 at1 chlorophylls over a 3 year span these past fewyears. essentially 5 of these packs, which some could argue is of better quality. Yet just one pack here is up there at that price. If people didnt wantchlorophylls last january for $150 shipped, why would they now at $800. Do ya'll even know what the hell you are selling

Originally Posted by AntC

Legacy pack? Interesting.
Stupid if you ask me.

Nike can't just GR all across the world, the Air Trainer 1's in the Chlorophyll colorway by itself for $80 at a decent quality. Then like that dudedid, hype up the release and force everyone to make it an unobtainable shoe.

Back
Top Bottom