Nike debuts New Air Trainer 1- Set to release 7/1/2009 (aka the manny trainers)

Originally Posted by Dynamic X

AntC wrote:
Legacy pack? Interesting.
Stupid if you ask me.

Nike can't just GR all across the world, the Air Trainer 1's in the Chlorophyll colorway by itself for $80 at a decent quality. Then like that dude did, hype up the release and force everyone to make it an unobtainable shoe.

Searched for them on Ebay, and saw the pack. Really overpriced since you can buy both for $250 (or less) total. Honestly, if I could pay $250 or less, I mightconsider buying the pack just to get another pair of Air Trainer 1s. I alrealy own the 2002 & 2008 versions. However, it would be dependant on me tryingthe Nike Trainer 1s and liking them. Otherwise, I could just buy another pair of AT1s separately.

I hope so too jordanstudent9. from what i heard, im not helping matters, but its said be to just 50-60 pairs released among a few NikeTown locations.

but like a tree falling the forest analogy is that is made, if no one knows about a legacy pack shoe release, will anyone even care about it, let alone theaftermarket price $500-900. Maybe word will catch on and people will be obligated to buy at that price to feel vindicated.. But without hype, some shoes wonteven sell at $50 dollars let alone $500... Think about it. has any blog sneaker website released any sort of information before hand. surprise release that maybe like any other trainer release out there.. gone before you know it.

Now in my quest to inform some people and sway them away from paying $500 for a "legacy pack"

Google search " Nike Free Trainer One".. click on shopping.

Any day now, likely closer to July 1st, NDC will be having four colorways coming out.. All truely basic in nature.. The first one, is a mirror image of thelegacy pack pair.. It has a more neon yellow shade to the accent pieces but for $90 bucks, its likely to be the shoe of choice among consumers:

Pair from NDC.. GR status
83135ccd43456a57c875c7ceb552dee11abfb70.jpg

Throw in the fact 08 at1 chlorophylls are still somewhat attainable at $200 bucks, why would anyone pay $300, 400, let alone $500 or $900 for this pack. Ican't tell people what to do, but merely inform everyone of choices that can be made.

I was thinking at first, cool a pack. $180 bucks, even better. seperately its $90 dollar new trainer + $150 2008 at1= $240 what a deal $180 is.. then thelimited factor comes into play and its all thrown out.. Logic is extinct if those go for anything above $300... jmo

One more thing I would like to add. Hopefully, these packs do not generate any unnecessary hype. I still want to be able to buy a pair of AT1s (in an orginalcolorway) for under $200.
happy.gif

Originally Posted by AntC

One more thing I would like to add. Hopefully, these packs do not generate any unnecessary hype. I still want to be able to buy a pair of AT1s (in an orginal colorway) for under $200.
happy.gif
They will. Once resellers do get the word that it is indeed limited to X pairs, they'll camp out, so that they'll be able to make whateverincome they can get from selling them.

Remember the Manny Pacquiao Trainers? I remember hearing that they were being sold at ridiculous prices. $300, $400, $500, I have no idea, but resellers willALWAYS try to make money off of people's laziness, and that's why I'm a bit mad over these packs.

DMP I, CDP 11/13, and these will be no different. If they're limited, I'm never going to get them, and that's it. I refuse to pay anything morethan $10-20 bucks over MSRP for a shoe.

Completely unfair too. No Niketown Cincinnati, so I can never get any of these NT releases.

Supposedly the 3 Niketowns mentioned above each received around 16-20 packs... Release date was Monday, June 15th. Im guessing that unless they are holdingback the rest of the release, that makes about 100 pairs with friends and family... I have the OG AT1 and would love to pick up a fresh pair... I think its anice pack, but im not gonna spend a G on it!

just called NTSF didnt have my size still got a size 7 or 7.5 forgot that quick. they do phone orders so call if you want them $180.00

Will definitely b tryna cop this pack tonight!

Scratch waitin for tonight..called Niketown NY and got the last size 10 shipped to me!

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

As long as they verify my info..i'm good to go..

Does anyone know how the trainers 1's fit? I wear a 12 in trainers and an 11.5 in regular nike's. The pack doesn't allow for the normal .5 sizeincrease on the AT1's.

34rb0qv.jpg

^ It was a good price for both of these shoes ($180). I decided not to make an attempt to buy them. However, I would try to trade for them if I had the chance. My only regret is that the AT1s seem to have a brighter/lighter green than the 2008 version, which looks better in my opinion. If the Nike Trainer 1s turns out to be really good, then I might have missed out.

this is a very clean shoe.... i am usually not a big fan of running shoes.... them manny joints... are straight fire with some selvage on deck... craziness

sorry for the double post... im tight they both dropped for only 180.... nice pick up for those that copped...

Just got my shipment confirmation on the Legacy pack from NDC..should b here on the 22nd..too bad i won't get to see it till July 4th
frown.gif

Chose 2nd day air btw..

Originally Posted by sensaciondelbloque

when is this shoe coming out??? need to know
the pack has already been released, june 18. the gr would release july 1.

I'm late to this tread, but I do not understand why Nike chose this shoe as the flagship shoe of the year. There is nothing special about it. It looks atraining shoe that they release every year. There is no new tech. It just begs the question why this shoe? Also didn't Nike already do an update to thatoriginal Trainer shoe like 1-2 ago?

Nike iD for the Air Trainer 1s are now available, if anyone didn't know yet.

Edit: Had some fun with the iD colors. Tried to make a Air Trainer SC color blocking, but it doesn't look right to me.

Back
Top Bottom