Nike debuts New Air Trainer 1- Set to release 7/1/2009 (aka the manny trainers)

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

Originally Posted by HMack007

Holy crap you are a clown......

PATENT LEATHER IS FOR SHOES THAT YOU WANT TO "LOOK GOOD IN". FOR SHOES THAT YOU "WANT TO BE FRESH" WHEN YOU GO TO THE MALL AND SPEND NO MONEY CAUSE YOU'RE 12.

Let me explain something to you ball bags. These aren't air forces. These aren't bapes, or dub zeros, or air max 95 supreme limited edition with the louis vutton leather or some crap.

These shoes are meant to train in. Get dirty. Get grass stains in. Beat the crap out of and throw down the stairs so they are by the door the next morning when you are heading to the gym or field.

If one more sissy says something about keeping these shoes fresh I'm gonna........do nothing because this is a f'ing message board.

Wearing a pair in warmups tomorrow night. Peace.

good to know they are good to workout and beat them up in..

but i dont neccersarily agree with your assessment that shoes cant be FRESH looking and still have the performance benefits. my AT1s from 2000 and zoom trainers from 04 are STILL holding up and barely show any signs of upper creasing. Yet the new trainers were showing that upper midsole bending INSTANTLY. thats unacceptable. best of both worlds in 2000 and 2004 yet now we have to accept the patent leather like crap? Nahhh.. ill call them out on that and not buy them. i'll also choose NOT to trainer in synthetic leathers. you are truly doing your feet no favors with that.

let people hate on shoes if they want to. as far as im concerned, its all warranted hate as the forefoot NON AIR midsole of the new trainers will breakdown within 2-3 months.. Zoom air will stay intact for YEARS.
You are right on that part, the 04 "Quick is deadly" Zoom trainers that came in the GOD AWFUL COLORS are good shoes too. Shame theydidn't Nike ID them

Someone already beat me to it, but I like the simple black/white/grey coloring, it's like my life.
grin.gif
Here are my pics.

Sorry for the cell-phone pics, but that's a comparison with the Air Trainer 3 that came out this year.

I'll be using the new Air Trainer 1 09 for the gym as well as just walking around. It's pretty firm I'd say, but the "free-inspired" soleis indeed a bit flexible. I got them at D!ck's sporting goods for about 60 dollars with Rewards Zone coupons. Pretty good deal I'd say.

I'll see if they are indeed good for squatting; they don't seem to "sink" like my Zoom Vomero 4s do when walking.

-X

Bored as hell at work today I decided to chat it up with someone from NDC. I got online with Anne and asked her about future colorways and release datesfor the new trainer 1's hoping that she'd give me some good info. Here are the colorways she has listed for an October release:

medium grey/black/chloraphyll
medium grey/hyper blue - challenge red
black/sunstone - white
white/black/varsity Red-Team Red

So, what I want to ask you all is do you think these are PE's or just GR's? could the black/sunstone and white ones be the polamalu's. I checkedother sunstone nikes and its a little darker that "steeler's" yellow. what do you guys think?

D's sporting goods finally has the white/black/charcoal and the white/royal/black ones for sale online. Time to order a pair.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by dcshiba

Bored as hell at work today I decided to chat it up with someone from NDC. I got online with Anne and asked her about future colorways and release dates for the new trainer 1's hoping that she'd give me some good info. Here are the colorways she has listed for an October release:

medium grey/black/chloraphyll
medium grey/hyper blue - challenge red
black/sunstone - white
white/black/varsity Red-Team Red

So, what I want to ask you all is do you think these are PE's or just GR's? could the black/sunstone and white ones be the polamalu's. I checked other sunstone nikes and its a little darker that "steeler's" yellow. what do you guys think?

D's sporting goods finally has the white/black/charcoal and the white/royal/black ones for sale online. Time to order a pair.
laugh.gif
The blk/sunstone/wht was on NDC but only as a stock photo. Sadly they're not the Pola's.

I'm excited to see the chloros. I hope they're comparable to the Legacy.

the one's on NDC weren't sunstone...they were true yellow. and I think they were medium grey/black/true yellow. the ndc girl typed black/sunstone- white. I think/hope these are different...

Super Quick 3-day weartest review

Got these this past Friday and decided to let my boy have them today. The free inspired outsole causes the upper to flex badly around the midfoot. It was cool,but when I was working out the shoe just didn't feel supportive. I had them tied tight but that flex point just made them feel awkward. Can't reallydescribe it, like the upper was gapping around my foot when I made quick movements. Maybe they should have actually put flywire in these. So I let my boy take'em off my hands for a small fee and I went back to my Tennis Trainers.

Don't get me wrong, the shoe is very comfy and very well may fit your needs it just didn't fit mine.

Originally Posted by dcshiba

the one's on NDC weren't sunstone...they were true yellow. and I think they were medium grey/black/true yellow. the ndc girl typed black/sunstone - white. I think/hope these are different...

Did you ask for Trainer 1 info providing a style number? If so, PE's have a different style number than the GR's.

and just like that, nike has my attention again. with three of the trainers out now, that same colorway combo is used yet presented in different fashions. youhave your red and navy pairs with that accent dominating the upper, and then your bright cactus' with it being a true accent color... What will we seehere? hmmm

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

and just like that, nike has my attention again. with three of the trainers out now, that same colorway combo is used yet presented in different fashions. you have your red and navy pairs with that accent dominating the upper, and then your bright cactus' with it being a true accent color... What will we see here? hmmm
Don't get too excited ... Wally did you see my thread re: the monstrosity of a fusion Nike created? (Maxim x Trainer 1)

Thought it would get a
sick.gif
from you. Check it out:

http://niketalk.com/topic/198999

just wanted to add..................Sport Chalet (SoCal-mission valley) has the wht/gry/blu pair.

These are indeed very comfortable. I wore them longer than before today while walking around today for errands, walking the dog, and they are pretty supportiveand no pains at all for the feet. I expect them to hold up well tomorrow at the gym. I'll be squatting about 225 or so, so I'll know if these do holdup for light-heavy lifting.

I'm definitely going to be buying one or more pairs, either a GR pair or an iD pair. I like them a lot, so they're my official beater shoes.
pimp.gif
Hope I can get a chlorophyll Trainer 1 when it comes out.

Originally Posted by HMack007

Holy crap you are a clown......

PATENT LEATHER IS FOR SHOES THAT YOU WANT TO "LOOK GOOD IN". FOR SHOES THAT YOU "WANT TO BE FRESH" WHEN YOU GO TO THE MALL AND SPEND NO MONEY CAUSE YOU'RE 12.

Let me explain something to you ball bags. These aren't air forces. These aren't bapes, or dub zeros, or air max 95 supreme limited edition with the louis vutton leather or some crap.

These shoes are meant to train in. Get dirty. Get grass stains in. Beat the crap out of and throw down the stairs so they are by the door the next morning when you are heading to the gym or field.

If one more sissy says something about keeping these shoes fresh I'm gonna........do nothing because this is a f'ing message board.

Wearing a pair in warmups tomorrow night. Peace.
haha
roll.gif
man you seem so hostile
tongue.gif

Just a heads up. Was at a local Champs today and the Nike Rep was there. Had a bunch of spring 2010 samples and a couple of things:
1) The Trainer 1 will be released with a mesh toe later this year/early next. I saw 2 colorways that were pretty nice and got a picture. I am working now andwill post a picture when I get home later tonight
2) College colors are coming soon. Rep confirmed that they should hit within the next 3 weeks

Originally Posted by barry

2) College colors are coming soon. Rep confirmed that they should hit within the next 3 weeks

You'd think they'd get them out before the start of the season.

That's awesome news about the college colors. I know my store will be getting some.

Originally Posted by barry

Just a heads up. Was at a local Champs today and the Nike Rep was there. Had a bunch of spring 2010 samples and a couple of things:
1) The Trainer 1 will be released with a mesh toe later this year/early next. I saw 2 colorways that were pretty nice and got a picture. I am working now and will post a picture when I get home later tonight
Dave or Larry?

JM

Back
Top Bottom