Nike Element React 87

Dopest colorway

• Total voters
Hey fellas, can I get some advice on this pair of black 87s I just got in the mail from Nike. There seems to be a lot of brown on my pair. Is this normal or a defect? I'm assuming it is the glue since the bottoms are clean and this pair doesn't seem tried on.

IMG_1160.JPG IMG_1165.JPG IMG_1162.JPG

Hey fellas, can I get some advice on this pair of black 87s I just got in the mail from Nike. There seems to be a lot of brown on my pair. Is this normal or a defect? I'm assuming it is the glue since the bottoms are clean and this pair doesn't seem tried on.

IMG_1160.JPG IMG_1165.JPG IMG_1162.JPG
I'll take a look at mine once I get back to the room but I don't think mine look like that...

Sorry if this has been asked before but has anyone gotten horrible blisters on their Achilles from wearing 87s for an extended period of time and is there anything that can be done? I tried wearing extremely thick socks but that didn’t help after about a mile of walking (I’ve been trying to walk 4-5+ miles a day during quarantine). The shoes themselves are quite comfortable but the heel blisters are awful.

Why would you wear thin socks if your getting blisters :frown::frown:

also why are you walking 6 miles in these they’re good casual shoes but not to be walking that much in them

Why would you wear thin socks if your getting blisters :frown::frown:

also why are you walking 6 miles in these they’re good casual shoes but not to be walking that much in them

Right, I said I wore really thick socks and still had a problem with them-is there anything else that can be done? (I.e. products for lining the inside of the shoe to prevent this)

Is it too big/small? My wife had the same problem but with the element 55s, she wore hers last year to Universal Studios and the back of her ankles (Achilles?) was blistered.... I always wear long socks with these and haven’t worn no shoes yet so I haven’t experienced the rubbing issue.

Sorry if this has been asked before but has anyone gotten horrible blisters on their Achilles from wearing 87s for an extended period of time and is there anything that can be done? I tried wearing extremely thick socks but that didn’t help after about a mile of walking (I’ve been trying to walk 4-5+ miles a day during quarantine). The shoes themselves are quite comfortable but the heel blisters are awful.
Yes with no shows.

Is it too big/small? My wife had the same problem but with the element 55s, she wore hers last year to Universal Studios and the back of her ankles (Achilles?) was blistered.... I always wear long socks with these and haven’t worn no shoes yet so I haven’t experienced the rubbing issue.

I went TTS in the 87s and I have wide feet and they actually seemed a little loose. I tried wearing them a month ago with normal crew socks and got badly blistered. I figured I needed thicker socks so I tried them yesterday with a well-padded pair of socks and still ended up with blisters (granted, they weren’t as bad as the 1st time). Going up half a size would have my feet swimming in them so I’m wondering if there is anything else that can be done here.

I went TTS in the 87s and I have wide feet and they actually seemed a little loose. I tried wearing them a month ago with normal crew socks and got badly blistered. I figured I needed thicker socks so I tried them yesterday with a well-padded pair of socks and still ended up with blisters (granted, they weren’t as bad as the 1st time). Going up half a size would have my feet swimming in them so I’m wondering if there is anything else that can be done here.
You could always get running socks that have the extended tab in the Achilles area... I e also had lick by tying my laces a bit looser so the shoe isn’t super tight around the ankle.

You could always get running socks that have the extended tab in the Achilles area... I e also had lick by tying my laces a bit looser so the shoe isn’t super tight around the ankle.

Good idea! Do you have a specific brand of running socks you would recommend?

I’ve switched to wearing tab socks instead of no shows with almost all my sneaks not just when running - doesn’t always look as great but sooo much better.

Good idea! Do you have a specific brand of running socks you would recommend?
Personally I like Darn Tough Vertex No Show Tab Ultra Light or Ultra Light Cushions (depending on the shoe)

I wanna cop a pair of the sail color way (size 10 :nerd: ) but I'm worried bout them already being slightly yellowed.
Am I trippin or should I just cop from stockx or eBay?

Back
Top Bottom