Nike Employee's

I love the Ontario, CA area! My job has a site out there that I go to often to do training for our employees. CONGRATS!

Its the outlet store in Ontario ca. What about you? ... One more question for anybodythay knows about the discounts..does the percentage come off the lowest price like if its on sale that weekend for 30% off ..do we get our discount on that price?

We get our employee discount off the lowest price. 30% off at outlets and 40% off at NikeTowns and Swoosh

anybody know what starting salary should be for seasonal employee with a few years of retail experience in socal 

And I think I have a good chance of getting a job around here.
What type of questions did they ask you in the interview? How did you have to dress? Do I have to bring anything?

Am I just over thinking things lol

Anybody in here get hired for the Nike Chicago Michigan Ave Location Re-Opening? More specifically, the Basketball floor...
Ya Boy 
nthat.gif

And I think I have a good chance of getting a job around here.
What type of questions did they ask you in the interview? How did you have to dress? Do I have to bring anything?
Am I just over thinking things lol

dress like you would for a regular interview business attire, they are not looking for people that know about the product or know RD's and different shoes and whatnot all that they can teach you. HAving prior knowledge of tech and shoes wont help you a whole lot even tho it is a plus.
What they are looking for are people that will push the Nike Brand, its still retail they want people that can engage and sell to customers. They also want passion for the Nike brand so if you do get hired remember stats like Shrink, daily/yearly goals, maxims, brand truths and whatnot just to show you actually have an interest in the company. My store manager put me on the spot on the brand truths i recited all 7 no hesitation and he rewarded me with a gift card. So it does pay off.

On discounts you have to wait 48 hrs after new releases. No discounts on NikeID. You can set up your swoosh account as soon as you get your employee #. 30% off in factory and inline, 40% Niketown. You also get discounts to i think, Vans, Hurley, and some other stores own by Nike not too sure since I dont shop at those stores. You get discounts on top of sales not combines so 30% off clearance then you get your 40% off of that price not a combined 70%.

You usually get comped t-shirts every 6 weeks but it depends on the store and time of season. We got shirts, then we got Olympic shirts, then wehn the Oly's were over we got more shirts. You get 2 Shirts, 2 Shorts and a pairs of shoes 79.99 or below every 6 months

i think that covers most of the basic stuff any other questions feel free to ask in the thread or a PM

dress like you would for a regular interview business attire, they are not looking for people that know about the product or know RD's and different shoes and whatnot all that they can teach you. HAving prior knowledge of tech and shoes wont help you a whole lot even tho it is a plus.
What they are looking for are people that will push the Nike Brand, its still retail they want people that can engage and sell to customers. They also want passion for the Nike brand so if you do get hired remember stats like Shrink, daily/yearly goals, maxims, brand truths and whatnot just to show you actually have an interest in the company. My store manager put me on the spot on the brand truths i recited all 7 no hesitation and he rewarded me with a gift card. So it does pay off.
On discounts you have to wait 48 hrs after new releases. No discounts on NikeID. You can set up your swoosh account as soon as you get your employee #. 30% off in factory and inline, 40% Niketown. You also get discounts to i think, Vans, Hurley, and some other stores own by Nike not too sure since I dont shop at those stores. You get discounts on top of sales not combines so 30% off clearance then you get your 40% off of that price not a combined 70%.
You usually get comped t-shirts every 6 weeks but it depends on the store and time of season. We got shirts, then we got Olympic shirts, then wehn the Oly's were over we got more shirts. You get 2 Shirts, 2 Shorts and a pairs of shoes 79.99 or below every 6 months
i think that covers most of the basic stuff any other questions feel free to ask in the thread or a PM

Thanks for the info

anyone here working at a nike store in europe?i m tryin to get a job part or full time in my local outlet whats the best way to proceed?im already a frequent customer and most employees know me plus i left an application - cv.i also try to get at my local footlockers,any info on these?do footlocker employees get any benefits like discounts?

hey dude do you know the discounts for the affiliates like converse and hurley
^ what is it?
its around 8.30 or .40 depending on exp

These threads make me |I :frown: because I want that swoosh discount...

Have something to offer in return :nerd:

Hey I have another question on discounts. Are you allowed your discount on phone orders from outlet stores, or would you need to have them shipped to your store?

I do have a question, I just got the job at my Local Nike Retails store. My orientation is on Wednesday. I was wondering if that is when i get my free clothing items? Does anyone know?

Hey I have another question on discounts. Are you allowed your discount on phone orders from outlet stores, or would you need to have them shipped to your store?

No discount on phone orders for employees

I do have a question, I just got the job at my Local Nike Retails store. My orientation is on Wednesday. I was wondering if that is when i get my free clothing items? Does anyone know?
You get your stuff when the manager lets you.

^^^^ like he said they decided when to give you staff dress. i got mine that same day we had rookie camp.

the clearance stores are awesome but its definitely different then working at one of the bigger stores like chicago, NY, LA or Portland. working at portland is great because the big employee store is right there and so is WHQ. 

I wish there were more employee stores. I have to drive about an hour,( not bad as their are only a few in the country) , but still, its always so busy now. I go to the one up in NH, and it has been getting so bad as of lines and release dates in the past few months. Its all these other employees inviting friends into the store and more people starting to collect. I remember two years ago, I could show up at 10 in the morning, get a pair for myself, and a pair for my friend, and be off in less than 15 minutes. Now they have limits and other stricter rules. You still can't beat the 40 to 50% off discount. Picked up the new Lebrons today. So nice. 
pimp.gif

Man I miss when my ex worked at ntny. Use to rack up. Hopefully I'll be able to hit the employee store in oregon soon

Enjoy the discounts and be careful who you look out for. I seen many people lose their job for trying to hook others up

I'm also interested in a part-time at a Nike outlet. What's it like working there? Like a usual retail job?

Back
Top Bottom