Nike Flyknit Free Run June/July 2013

Agreed. Flyknit upper and Free sole are a natural fit. I passed on the Lunars but I'm happy with these (besides the rumored price). The swoosh placement, matching tongue, and unpadded heel makes the upper look way better than the Lunars IMO. 

I don't run in my Flyknits though. I'll have performance opinions once the Kobe Flyknits come out (still in awe that that's happening...)

- I don't buy the $175 tag one bit. aren't free shoes cheaper than lunars? (my lunars are my beaters already, that's how I feel about them)
- uhh, yeah, Kobe 9 with flyknit is perhaps going to turn the universe upside down. especially if they're anywhere as limited as the 8. I will be funking go nuts.

Looking closely at the second picture, these and the volt/blue are looking like HTMs.  So, bump that $175 figure up if you're like me and have to find other ways to get HTMs besides camping out or knowing someone inside a shop...
What makes you think these particular ones are HTMs?

Both photos seems to have HTM type tongues with the 9 "IIIIIIIII" above "HTM."  I hope my eyes are deceiving me, but that's sure what it looks like to me from the photos here and on IG.  Those don't look like your typical free or flyknit tongue tags...

Will buy immediately just for the fact there's no collar padding!!! Please oh please stay that way....

Same! love the thin-ness. I wish it was a FR2 sole. And it would be nice for a fresh upper design.... but these will do.

Eh. These don't do it for me. Swoosh is awfully small for my liking, and I've pretty picky about which Free-soled models I enjoy. But with that flyknit, I'm curious to see what colorways drop. So yes, I'm leaving the door open for me to hop back on the bandwagon haha.

$175 though......will wait for discount but want a pair...please do a 3.0 sole on them too thanks nike

Jking, you were the first person to ever mention these were $175 I believe. Do you have concrete info? That price tag does seem hard to believe.

Crazy. In order of release:

FK Trainer/Racer - $150

FK Lunar - $160

FK Chukka - $170

FK Free - $175

Following this trend, 2015 Flyknits are going to be $300...

Nike has lost their mind they are trying to get in on that resale game
 THIS!

until people stop lining up for $250+ retail shoes and give them a reason to NOT charge prices like this, they won't stop. im sure they have have a watchful eye on ebay too. simplest business sense, make $ and they are doin a good job. However, I do think and am hopeful that with amount of fk lunars 1 hitting sale rooms that it might start sinking in and soon.  

Yeah man if we don't buy them prices will drop. I love frees and run in them pretty exclusively but I always wait till they go on sale or use a coupon because the retail price is too high in my opinion for a shoe with no significant cushioning I really like that green looking flyknit free pair that was posted earlier but absolutely refuse to pay rape prices for it. Will wait for them to go on sale and if I miss out I'm ok with it. Have too many shoes anyway

Yeah man if we don't buy them prices will drop. I love frees and run in them pretty exclusively but I always wait till they go on sale or use a coupon because the retail price is too high in my opinion for a shoe with no significant cushioning I really like that green looking flyknit free pair that was posted earlier but absolutely refuse to pay rape prices for it. Will wait for them to go on sale and if I miss out I'm ok with it. Have too many shoes anyway

Yep basically this

I won't even buy nike free's at full price :lol: I won't pay over $120 for these. If there is no heel cushioning, and they put a 3.0 sole on it...i may be pushed to $150 range.

Crazy. In order of release:

FK Trainer/Racer - $150

FK Lunar - $160

FK Chukka - $170

FK Free - $175

Following this trend, 2015 Flyknits are going to be $300...
$200 for the FK - Kobe 9's I speculate if the trend continues...
mean.gif

^I had that guess also but isn't the Lebron XI supposed to be $200? I doubt Nike will price Kobes the same as Lebrons so I'm changing my guess to $180, which is still absurd IMO. $140 was a sweet spot. Hypebeasts will pay whatever for Lebrons but I don't know about Kobes or FK Frees. 

Price is real. Nike has lost their mind they are trying to get in on that resale game
RoadRunnerSports VIP membership will neutralize the pricepoint a bit (brings price down to $140's if using 20% discount code with VIP membership), but truth is that MSRP screams rape.

Last edited:
 THIS!
until people stop lining up for $250+ retail shoes and give them a reason to NOT charge prices like this, they won't stop. im sure they have have a watchful eye on ebay too. simplest business sense, make $ and they are doin a good job. However, I do think and am hopeful that with amount of fk lunars 1 hitting sale rooms that it might start sinking in and soon.  

I dont think they will drop the price unless the sell close to zero. They have a good sales strategy. They release them at a higher price point, those that want them that bad get them at full price. When they hit sale, people buy up the rest of them, but the sale price still provides Nike with a profit. Regardless they are making money. Initial sales would have to really suck for Nike to consider dropping the MSRP.

Even with VIP discount for new members 140 is just way too much for some frees. I really hope they sit.

they'll sit, buy it'll probably be a while before we see them at anything close to $100

yeah, i just saw those. they look really nice, and i guess that's the black/white colorway road runner sports has listed in the catalog

actually, that pair looks like it could be the 012 BLACK/WHITE-DARK GREY-WOLF GREY

Last edited:
Thanks ILLustRAYt for using my picture. They ha these on display at my local Finish Line and I had never seen them before. I wish I had taken more pics...but the price was like $160 or $170? They fit like a sock...

Back
Top Bottom