Nike Free Mercurial Superfly & Nike Magista Footscape

growing up in the states i wasn't able to see or witness soccer's influence off the field because of the dominance and popularity of other sports. but living in asia i see how much soccer's influence really shapes and connects with the different cultures. just from a style and clothing standpoint, it's cool to see how soccer integrates itself in fashion and urban/street culture (jerseys, sportswear, footwear etc.). plus its cool to have so many soccer specialty stores around to see all the new tech and ideas that are being translated into the nike sportswear sector.

Ooo! new colors

both look pretty good, glad to see this shoe is making it's way out to retail again

not sure about that swoosh on the purple pair, but these are both nice

I'm not too big a fan of the mixed white/navy weave on that pair, but it's better than nothing. Might cop.

Pic taken of the Ebay listing mentioned by Hammertoe earlier. Does the swoosh look a little weird or is it just me? Is that pair legit? Might scoop them up if so. 
i saw the auction but was hesitant to bid because it looks fake and china has managed to make fake superflys.  if you look at the fourth picture of the auction, the toe area doesnt look right and all the pictures were low res.  the seller is from italy which makes it more suspicious.   i emailed him for high resolution pictures but he did not reply so i am assuming it is fake.

about time for some new mercurial superfly frees but man, the colors are poorly chosen.  should have made an all white pair and a black flyknit/white sole (without the speckle).

hopefully, this leads the way for more superflys in 2016.  

i am surprised they took so long to release more colors and december isn't the time of the year to wear these.

i saw the auction but was hesitant to bid because it looks fake and china has managed to make fake superflys.  if you look at the fourth picture of the auction, the toe area doesnt look right and all the pictures were low res.  the seller is from italy which makes it more suspicious.   i emailed him for high resolution pictures but he did not reply so i am assuming it is fake.
While it's a moot point since the listing has ended, I think they were legit.  I've seen a few pics of fake superflys and it was pretty obvious that the pairs were fake.  I think this dude just took crappy pics with a crappy camera phone.

The fact that he's from Italy doesn't make it more or less likely that they were fake.  

No longer a Tier Zero only shoe, wide release November/December

805554-002

805554 001
wow i thought they will release it next year same time with sock dart, it will have more quantity and also came with red nike sportswear box (not the white one)

if i knew how to do it and could actually score them, i would black out the purple upper and white out the swoosh

might try to paint that white/navy into an all white/shades of white

and for black/purple pair, the standard white swoosh with all black

Last edited:
Just got these and the Obsidian ones both deadstock last week for $920. Yes, I know I might have overpaid a bit but these are amazing in person. Also got blessed by the sneakergods and found the Black HTMs for $280 haha. 

Does anyone know what to do about the heel of this shoe? It tends to dig into my heel and it hurts quite a bit. I don't know any other solution than to wear longer socks.

Just got these and the Obsidian ones both deadstock last week for $920. Yes, I know I might have overpaid a bit but these are amazing in person. Also got blessed by the sneakergods and found the Black HTMs for $280 haha. 

Does anyone know what to do about the heel of this shoe? It tends to dig into my heel and it hurts quite a bit. I don't know any other solution than to wear longer socks.
It takes a few wears for the ankle collar to break in.  I had the same problem when I got mine.  After about 4 wears they were fine.

If anyone scored MC 2.0 racers in size 9 I would be open to trading my size 9 mercurials straight up. Let me know gentleman.

Well NT fam I hate to do it but I'm fiening for MC. I'm gonna put my size 9 grey Mercs on the bay but I'd love to hook someone up on here first. If any of y'all are interested PM me. Not charging rape just want enough to scoop MC so around $370 shipped.

hey man, i think if you wait it out you might be able to score some mc on a restock. i know theyre tempting now because everyone is getting their shipments delivered and sharing pics but the mercs are a saucy, and a good looking shoe too. especially to give up for a racer, just my .02. personally i would hold out and see if i can come across the mc in the upcoming months.

Last edited:
hey man, i think if you wait it out you might be able to score some mc on a restock. i know theyre tempting now because everyone is getting their shipments delivered and sharing pics but the mercs are a saucy, and a good looking shoe too. especially to give up for a racer, just my .02. personally i would hold out and see if i can come across the mc in the upcoming months.

This is what a few people are saying. I just don't think a restock will happen, then again it is Nike. The Oreo 2.0 restock has me being optimistic since those were readily available but I just don't know if that'll be the case with MC. I appreciate you talking me off the cliff tho lol.

I agree with the guys above.  I would sit tight on the mercs and wait for a potential MC 2.0 restock.  The MC 2.0 is nice, imo considerably better than 1.0, but the mercs are on a different level.  It's going to be way easier to find the MC 2.0 in the near future than another pair of mercs (blue or grey) in case you regret your decision.  

I agree with the guys above.  I would sit tight on the mercs and wait for a potential MC 2.0 restock.  The MC 2.0 is nice, imo considerably better than 1.0, but the mercs are on a different level.  It's going to be way easier to find the MC 2.0 in the near future than another pair of mercs (blue or grey) in case you regret your decision.  
I have the MC 1 too, and the MC 1 are far more superior. The blue hue throws the shoe off imo.

Last edited:

I have the MC 1 too, and the MC 1 are far more superior. The blue hue throws the shoe off imo.
It's all a matter of preference.  I had the MC 1 and they were just blah to me.  After looking at all the recent pics of the MC 1 and MC 2 comparison shots, I don't regret selling them at all.  I prefer the pop of blue in there.

Sorry for getting sidetracked.

Anyone have any new info on release dates for the 2 new colorways?  

It's all a matter of preference.  I had the MC 1 and they were just blah to me.  After looking at all the recent pics of the MC 1 and MC 2 comparison shots, I don't regret selling them at all.  I prefer the pop of blue in there.

Sorry for getting sidetracked.

Anyone have any new info on release dates for the 2 new colorways?  
December 2015 is the ongoing consensus as of now.

Back
Top Bottom