NIKE+ FUELBAND --- Nike's Big Announcement (1/19/12)

Originally Posted by CARRERA909

Originally Posted by DatRealBalla12

Can anyone else who already has theirs comment on the sizing of these, im on the fence since i tried on a small one that got returned

where i work but it seemed like it could have been too small but i dont know if the medium would fit too big since i want it snug on

my wrist, any help?

My wrist measured 7 inches even.. Went with medium. Perfect out the box without the additional piece.. Not loose not tight, perfect.
Thanks for the feedback man

wife is wondering if there is any way you can figure out how many miles you walked/ran at given times or if the mileage listed is just overall for the day?

Silly question on my part.  Is it possible to leave the clock on or is it only when you press the button.  Does the swoosh logo appear randomly or how do you make it come up?

Thanks much,
Rich

Got mine yesterday and using it for the first time today.  Not really much to say yet but I'm really likin it so far.  It is kinda annoying to have it on while typing but I'll get used to it. 

Did anyone who received theirs recently have problems after the firmware update yesterday. I received mine yesterday and I downloaded Nike+ Connect. When I plugged in my fuelband to my laptop it prompted me to update the firmware and after my comp rebooted from the firmware update, my fuelband stopped responding and was basically dead. Anyone else have this problem? A replacement is on its way and I have to return this POS today...
mad.gif

Originally Posted by Bryscooplaygrifhold

wife is wondering if there is any way you can figure out how many miles you walked/ran at given times or if the mileage listed is just overall for the day?

Silly question on my part.  Is it possible to leave the clock on or is it only when you press the button.  Does the swoosh logo appear randomly or how do you make it come up?

Thanks much,
Rich

you can't rely on the numbers it tells you for mileage, because it only bases it on the average number of steps in a mile, not the speed at which you take them.

i run 5 miles everyday at 7mph, yet my fuelband never says i reach that much mileage.

the clock will only come up when you press the button.

the Swoosh will not show up at all without a factory reset.

Originally Posted by osubass1

Originally Posted by Bryscooplaygrifhold

Thanks much,
Rich

you can't rely on the numbers it tells you for mileage, because it only bases it on the average number of steps in a mile, not the speed at which you take them.

i run 5 miles everyday at 7mph, yet my fuelband never says i reach that much mileage.

the clock will only come up when you press the button.

the Swoosh will not show up at all without a factory reset.
Thanks- I probably won't get that into depth with her on it, because she may be disappointed.

Long story short, I don't know if its "worth it" in terms of what it provides you with, but it is definitely motivational from what I have seen of my wife and how she has used it the past few days.  Its somewhat gimmicky and probably is more fun if you and your friends/relatives also use it and can compare and contrast what you do- how you do it.

I can see this probably being a big deal for kids as well if offered for slightly less and in colors.  I can't imagine a pink and or other bright colored band isn't planned for sometime this summer or later in the year.

I'm still on the fence on these, but I'm leaning towards the "buy" side. I could definitely use a little more motivation to be active, and this just might be the piece I've been looking for.

I'll have to hook my marathon running mother up too. I know she'd have some crazy highs with this.

Can you make the wrist smaller than the original size it comes in? I got a Large like a week ago but haven't even touched it yet.

It comes with the smaller link attached so you can make it smaller by taking that off.

Got mine today. Ran a few miles and I'm almost at the 2,000 fuel mark for the day.

got mine today, but the plastic extender wont stay put so i have to wait for a replacement

EDIT: called again and apparently you just have to apply a little pressure when connecting them if it's loose, works fine now
laugh.gif

reached 7500 today on my left wrist...i feel its more accurate on my left because im right hand dominant

ordered mine tuesday, it said will ship in a week i got the confirmation Thursday it was in route.
smile.gif

i ordered a small.

i usually wear a youth size in livestrong and xs in powerbalance. (yes, im a chick) so i should be good right? i can extend it if i need to, so i figure i was better off going small.

how does this work for bike riding... ? i watched that youtube vid and those guys was getting points riding though the city...

thanks nt

instagram: shaybeezy #teamfollowback

^ Yes. Unless you have super small wrists, you should be fine. My wife tried on my medium and it swallowed her arm
laugh.gif

anybody play basketball with it yet? i want to but the hacks in my gym are a liability. wanna be sure its worth it before i risk it.

I just ended my longest streak yesterday at 13 days. I've still got my goal set at the 3,000 - it's not as easy to meet your goal, even if you are working out..if you have a desk job. Although yesterday I didn't have my band on during the morning, because it was charging..so I could have possibly hit my goal if I didn't have to charge. Unfortunately it doesn't look like Nike has posted the trophies online for anyone to see, but I know it would be helpful for me if people posted what they had to do to get a given trophy.

Besides the basic streak and 25k, etc milestones, the only trophy I've gotten so far is water. I got it by beating my goal by 50%. It would be nice if we could compile the trophies, so people could be even more motivated. I know it would help me.

Originally Posted by stillmaticshay

how does this work for bike riding... ? i watched that youtube vid and those guys was getting points riding though the city...
The small should be fine.  And as far as riding a bike, it doesn't rack up points like running.  I have gone on a couple 30+ mile rides and if your hand is not moving, it is not counting the points. 

Do I have to let this fully charge before I start using it? It's at close to 70 and I'm tryin to start today
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by thejrob

Do I have to let this fully charge before I start using it? It's at close to 70 and I'm tryin to start today
pimp.gif

no, but its a good idea to

Thinking about pulling the trigger on one of these. Started back working out last mth..looking for something to keep me motivated. 

Back
Top Bottom