Nike Greater Than Series (Cut/Run/Jump)

define plenty of time? most reviewers only get the shoes on release day or upon availability. doing a full review would tackle the shoes from day 1 til it breaks down, otherwise it's not a full review. how long do you think the average lifespan of a sneaker? like I said, due to the current sneaker culture, it is difficult to pay attention to one shoe just to wait for a review to come out. the public will lose interest as fast as the days go by unless such product is a magical unicorn that people will continue to support. e.g. GT CUT 1.
Well these hadn’t come out yet and aren’t scheduled to release here until the 13th. Yet all we have are videos from reviewers who only had the shoes on for 1 hour and some who didn’t even bother to hoop in them before calling them the worst shoes of 2024. Being the first to put out a review does not mean valuable information is being provided. Those people have a whole business week to hoop in them before these release to gather information on them. Don’t call it a review if all we are getting is initial impressions is all I’m asking.

Well these hadn’t come out yet and aren’t scheduled to release here until the 13th. Yet all we have are videos from reviewers who only had the shoes on for 1 hour and some who didn’t even bother to hoop in them before calling them the worst shoes of 2024. Being the first to put out a review does not mean valuable information is being provided. Those people have a whole business week to hoop in them before these release to gather information on them. Don’t call it a review if all we are getting is initial impressions is all I’m asking.
I got your point. I do agree that some

1704770836257.jpg

I really enjoyed playing in the Hustle. Top 3 court performance for me from last year
Any stability issues? The upper is so minimal/flimsy. I put it a couple hours of pickup and promptly returned them. Felt like an injury waiting to happen.

I love how light they are but traction was just okay. Felt like hooping in some running shoes. They didn't give me any peace of mind so I had to take them back.

Should have a full detailed video up later tonight or tomorrow. Lots to love about these. Some things I don’t care for. Overalls pretty great hoop shoe at a terrible price.

Traction:
Great traction on clean floors, dirty floors you’ll have to wipe, or you’ll damn near do the splits as you’ll see me do in my video. So far I would say these are just under elite for traction. I’ve played 15 hours so far in the last week and the traction is very durable.
IMG_5274.jpeg

Cushion:
Takes time to break in as the midsole itself is pretty sturdy and firm phylon. Directly underfoot is a full bed of ZoomX foam that takes some time to break in. Once broken in, they are amazing on foot, very plush and soft right. Not overly responsive on the heel (marshmallow like). Forefoot is snappier and low to the floor, snappier because the tpu midfoot shank runs into the forefoot and provides a springboard effect. Solid, but for small shifty players I can see why you might not care for these.

I’m 6 foot 3 and 215 lbs for refrence.

Fit:
Snug 1:1 fit TTS, wide foot friendly especially compared to last years horrible forefoot fit. I’ve enjoyed them on foot so far. Has not felt tippy at the heel like the 1 hour reviewer mention. Keep in mind, I smoke my hoop shoes, I play hard and I felt no issues with fit or stability on these.

Materials:
Cheap, light weight, breathable and pretty strong.
Little to no break in, the suede on the toe to the tongue is a nice touch.

Support:
Imo, zero issues. Internal TPU heel counter, wide and stable base (forefoot), Flywire on the lareral and medial side of the forefoot to keep foot in the footbed on hard cuts. Midfoot shank that runs into the forefoot. Not the best torsional support but decent.

Overall I think these are an upgrade from last year but still not as good as the Cut 1. I wish they kept the Zoom strobel and made the drop in lower profile like the Run1 had. Overall a nice hoops shoe that’s ULTRA lightweight. Price: $190 USD (straight cheeks).

Should have a full detailed video up later tonight or tomorrow. Lots to love about these. Some things I don’t care for. Overalls pretty great hoop shoe at a terrible price.

Traction:
Great traction on clean floors, dirty floors you’ll have to wipe, or you’ll damn near do the splits as you’ll see me do in my video. So far I would say these are just under elite for traction. I’ve played 15 hours so far in the last week and the traction is very durable.
IMG_5274.jpeg

Cushion:
Takes time to break in as the midsole itself is pretty sturdy and firm phylon. Directly underfoot is a full bed of ZoomX foam that takes some time to break in. Once broken in, they are amazing on foot, very plush and soft right. Not overly responsive on the heel (marshmallow like). Forefoot is snappier and low to the floor, snappier because the tpu midfoot shank runs into the forefoot and provides a springboard effect. Solid, but for small shifty players I can see why you might not care for these.

I’m 6 foot 3 and 215 lbs for refrence.

Fit:
Snug 1:1 fit TTS, wide foot friendly especially compared to last years horrible forefoot fit. I’ve enjoyed them on foot so far. Has not felt tippy at the heel like the 1 hour reviewer mention. Keep in mind, I smoke my hoop shoes, I play hard and I felt no issues with fit or stability on these.

Materials:
Cheap, light weight, breathable and pretty strong.
Little to no break in, the suede on the toe to the tongue is a nice touch.

Support:
Imo, zero issues. Internal TPU heel counter, wide and stable base (forefoot), Flywire on the lareral and medial side of the forefoot to keep foot in the footbed on hard cuts. Midfoot shank that runs into the forefoot. Not the best torsional support but decent.

Overall I think these are an upgrade from last year but still not as good as the Cut 1. I wish they kept the Zoom strobel and made the drop in lower profile like the Run1 had. Overall a nice hoops shoe that’s ULTRA lightweight. Price: $190 USD (straight cheeks).

Do you have other shoes with zoomx like the invincible runs to compare to?

I would've thought they would feel amazing out of the box and require no break in.

Do you have other shoes with zoomx like the invincible runs to compare to?

I would've thought they would feel amazing out of the box and require no break in.
I train in a Pegasus ZoomX runner. I run my marathons in the next percent and alphafly. Lots of ZoomX experience in this foam. Difference being these have a firm phylon caging around them, where as the runners have mega midsole crush/compression because it’s straight up a chunk of zoomx

Back
Top Bottom