Nike Greater Than Series (Cut/Run/Jump)

I haven’t quite decided if I like Cuts for full court hoop but I like them for half court and I cannot think of a better looking hoop shoe in years, which is important lol. My go-tos have been kd13s which I feel are very ugly, but they just work really well for me.

I haven’t quite decided if I like Cuts for full court hoop but I like them for half court and I cannot think of a better looking hoop shoe in years, which is important lol. My go-tos have been kd13s which I feel are very ugly, but they just work really well for me.

That opening sentence 🤣🤣🤣

think they will be the same playing full courtlol

if you know you know

I’m 6-4 210, I put a lot of torque on my kicks, I feel like the cuts are hard on my feet when I run full. Half is fine. The nubs or whatever you call em on the insole creates a lot of friction. But at the same time I think they’re needed to keep my foot locked in. So yeah.

if you know you know

I’m 6-4 210, I put a lot of torque on my kicks, I feel like the cuts are hard on my feet when I run full. Half is fine. The nubs or whatever you call em on the insole creates a lot of friction. But at the same time I think they’re needed to keep my foot locked in. So yeah.
damn, I'm jealous. 6-4 210. man, you must be flying. I'm 5'8 200. so I got more tension on my legs, calves and hamstring and a lot more burden on my knees. can barely do the things that I could do normally when hooping, like having a set of springs on knees. now I barely Jump once in a while and have both knees with knee braces for impact protection.

from the nba thread

1635789594691.png

damn, I'm jealous. 6-4 210. man, you must be flying. I'm 5'8 200. so I got more tension on my legs, calves and hamstring and a lot more burden on my knees. can barely do the things that I could do normally when hooping, like having a set of springs on knees. now I barely Jump once in a while and have both knees with knee braces for impact protection.

Maybe I forgot how knee braces work, but I'm wondering how they could provide you with impact protection. 🤔

You rockin' Steve's joints on the courts?

5efb628dab004acf921dac3a3b0040ad.jpg
not his actual joints but close enough. must say other than being a wide tree, I couldn't do much. but with serious injuries going left and right, I'd rather be on the safe side. preferably wouldn't use them, but needed necessarily.

not his actual joints but close enough. must say other than being a wide tree, I couldn't do much. but with serious injuries going left and right, I'd rather be on the safe side. preferably wouldn't use them, but needed necessarily.

Oh ight, I was legit asking because I play ball a lot and have pretty bad arthritis in the knees, myself. But braces haven't done anything for me and I was always hesitant to drop the cash for these expensive metal ones. Not to mention I'm worried with how “weird” it’ll make playing feel with them on.

Oh ight, I was legit asking because I play ball a lot and have pretty bad arthritis in the knees, myself. But braces haven't done anything for me and I was always hesitant to drop the cash for these expensive metal ones. Not to mention I'm worried with how “weird” it’ll make playing feel with them on.
I would say this, it would minimize your chances of getting in a lot of pain. but it would also lessen your effectiveness on the court. if you are only playing for rec, I guess that's fine and still get to enjoy playing basketball. but for something like a different league other than rec, I'd say give your knees a rest instead. they are mad expensive and unless you really need them that badly, don't drop the cash on them. for me, it's a necessity since I do have recurring injuries, weight issues, wear and tear and possibility of arthritis. I do have degenerative osteoarthritis which is even worse, and hemochromatosis which can also contribute to it. I'm trying to book a sched for blood letting in a few weeks. it might help normalize my body in terms of nagging injuries, potential health concerns and conditions and weight loss.

also, there are cheaper alternatives to some branded knee support/braces online. just be careful though as some of those are really bad. it's been almost 2 days since our last league game and now I'm feeling the pain like an old man. not as bad but still painful with certain movements and activities. I'm out later for my physiotherapy to loosen my hamstring and calves.

I used to play in the one of those aluminum steve austin braces after my acl reconstruction. I loved it! It was way lighter than it looks and after awhile I barely noticed it. It was really protective too and allowed me to strengthen my knee while playing my way back into shape. I stopped using it because I wore out the pads and velcro. I wanted to get another but my Dr wouldn't prescribe it. They're decently priced with insurance.

Now I'm back to some OTC knee braces. I'm a big fan of the bauerfiend genutrain s.

Not sure what part of your knee is bothering you but if it’s in the patellar tendon area, Bauerfiends braces offer compression to that area and stability (for knee tracking issues). Not sure of the exact pain area/point but their braces may offer you some comfort for the arthritis / pain experienced in your knee. Just a recommendation to consider.

JS”

Back
Top Bottom