Nike Greater Than Series (Cut/Run/Jump)

Maybe ya'll can help me out... I'm normally an Air Jordan line wearer. I play in the 37's now. I can't get comfortable in my 38's still. The 37's are nice, but honestly I don't think they compare to other favorite shoes I've played in like the 28's, Kobe 9 EXT mid, or the Melo M11. i'm looking to add some lows into my bag, but man... every one I've tried on in the store had heel slippage. I'm looking at the Ja 1 vs the GT Cut 3. You guys have any opinions on this comparison? I'm a point guard and I play fast. I prefer a decent cushion setup, but it doesn't have to be crazy as long as it's effective.

Thanks

Maybe ya'll can help me out... I'm normally an Air Jordan line wearer. I play in the 37's now. I can't get comfortable in my 38's still. The 37's are nice, but honestly I don't think they compare to other favorite shoes I've played in like the 28's, Kobe 9 EXT mid, or the Melo M11. i'm looking to add some lows into my bag, but man... every one I've tried on in the store had heel slippage. I'm looking at the Ja 1 vs the GT Cut 3. You guys have any opinions on this comparison? I'm a point guard and I play fast. I prefer a decent cushion setup, but it doesn't have to be crazy as long as it's effective.

Thanks
The Cut 3 is my favorite shoe to play in since the Jordan 34.

The Cut 3 is my favorite shoe to play in since the Jordan 34.
34 was damn nice and could have been my go to's. I messed up going 0.5 size down like an idiot and never could enjoy the shoes. After all these years, I just gave my beautiful barely used pair of Iridescents to my nephew last weekend. smh

34 was damn nice and could have been my go to's. I messed up going 0.5 size down like an idiot and never could enjoy the shoes. After all these years, I just gave my beautiful barely used pair of Iridescents to my nephew last weekend. smh
Yeah, the 34 ran a bit small but I stayed tts. The cut 3 has that same lateral containment, similar traction, and that plate in the front works great for me. They fit a tad longer than the 34 did in my opinion.

Yeah, the 34 ran a bit small but I stayed tts. The cut 3 has that same lateral containment, similar traction, and that plate in the front works great for me. They fit a tad longer than the 34 did in my opinion.
How do you like Zoom X vs the air based Zoom? I'm old school and want my air bubbles, but I understand that foam cushions can also be great... I just haven't played in them yet.

How do you like Zoom X vs the air based Zoom? I'm old school and want my air bubbles, but I understand that foam cushions can also be great... I just haven't played in them yet.
It’s different but I’m used to using zoom X in my distance running shoes. I would say it’s not as noticeable as far as springiness but it works well. I’m 47 and do 2 hour full court sessions twice per week with no soreness or fatigue.

It’s different but I’m used to using zoom X in my distance running shoes. I would say it’s not as noticeable as far as springiness but it works well. I’m 47 and do 2 hour full court sessions twice per week with no soreness or fatigue.
Cool, we're the same age, I'm 46. I run long distance in Pegasus 38's but they're almost ready to get replaced. I really like the Pegasus line, but probably should be looking at some of the higher end running shoes going forward. I tried that minimalist stuff with the Free Runs but they killed my arches and joints even though I progressed into using them.

Cool, we're the same age, I'm 46. I run long distance in Pegasus 38's but they're almost ready to get replaced. I really like the Pegasus line, but probably should be looking at some of the higher end running shoes going forward. I tried that minimalist stuff with the Free Runs but they killed my arches and joints even though I progressed into using them.

Yes get some running shoes with maximum cushioning.

From what I've heard GT Hustle 3 will have a flyknit upper (mid cut & visible zoom pods in forefoot, almost like a different version of the Jump 2) so the GT Academy Hustle having a recycled flyknit upper lines up with that. Should see them when all the Olympics product is revealed.

After seeing in person how those Hustle 2's bend at the midfoot I decided to steer clear of them, afraid I re-aggravate my plantar issues with them.

But being a stockier guy (took notes from last post and started following a better diet, already shed around 0.65 kilos) how's those Jump 2's? I'm not such an mobile wing anymore, but definetely feel the impact running up and down the court and going for rebounds the next day after wearing something like NB Two Way V4's or Book 1's?

Are they in way comparable to Jordan 36? Those were one of my GOAT performers, need to look if I can find a good deal still on them somewhere!

Go ahead and try to point-and-click on the toebox accent to select it. I dare you! Won't work, lol. But you can get there with the arrow buttons.

I liked the academys a little and played a half a session in them but as with everything else, the S1s kind of eliminate the need for them for me.

For the AKA ballers in the house :emoji_sweat_smile:

1712689185273.png

Back
Top Bottom