Nike Griffey Air Max 1 Wht/Blk Varsity Red *Confirmed for SPR 11*

Sorry if I get a bit off the topic here...

But we got our shipment of Griffeys in today and the boxes are "new".  With Nike taking steps toward being a more green company, they have slightly altered the composition of the boxes.  The boxes look similar to the brown NSW boxes, but they are lighter, apparently made of less cardboard, and as a result, a bit more flimsy. I'll post pics in a bit.

Kudos to Nike for taking a step towards being less wasteful, but at the same time... these boxes rip apart pretty easily, and already... its kinda annoying... but again.. if it means less waste, im all for it... just gotta deal i suppose.

ohwell.gif

Shoes itself look great
tongue.gif

Sorry if I get a bit off the topic here...

But we got our shipment of Griffeys in today and the boxes are "new".  With Nike taking steps toward being a more green company, they have slightly altered the composition of the boxes.  The boxes look similar to the brown NSW boxes, but they are lighter, apparently made of less cardboard, and as a result, a bit more flimsy. I'll post pics in a bit.

Kudos to Nike for taking a step towards being less wasteful, but at the same time... these boxes rip apart pretty easily, and already... its kinda annoying... but again.. if it means less waste, im all for it... just gotta deal i suppose.

ohwell.gif

Shoes itself look great
tongue.gif

^
Man, I stack my boxes.

Please don't tell me these are like the old school Reebok joints.

And NO props to Nike... Greener means cheaper in this instance.

It's ALWAYS business at the end of the day, no matter how its flipped...

^
Man, I stack my boxes.

Originally Posted by eyes of hazel

^
Man, I stack my boxes.

word, people wanna give nike props for being green, nah fam at the end of the day its about that green.

^
Man, I stack my boxes.

word, people wanna give nike props for being green, nah fam at the end of the day its about that green.

Call me crazy but I'm more excited about these than any other shoe coming out this month! I love the Griffey 1! For anybody interested I stock located the grey/orion griffey 1 at my store(footaction). Those and freshwaters are $100 and I have ordered both for quite a few people in different sizes so check into it!

Call me crazy but I'm more excited about these than any other shoe coming out this month! I love the Griffey 1! For anybody interested I stock located the grey/orion griffey 1 at my store(footaction). Those and freshwaters are $100 and I have ordered both for quite a few people in different sizes so check into it!

Originally Posted by air max 87

^
Man, I stack my boxes.

Well I would put it this way... Can you stack the boxes? Yes you can.  But be careful when you pull from the bottom of the pile.  Ill be posting pics up in a min.  

Originally Posted by air max 87

^
Man, I stack my boxes.

Well I would put it this way... Can you stack the boxes? Yes you can.  But be careful when you pull from the bottom of the pile.  Ill be posting pics up in a min.  

So heres a comparison shot btw these two boxes... I find it strange that the Elec Green box isnt the same as the Griffey box, seeing as how they drop AFTER the griffeys... I suppose it depends on where it was made? But you can already see how flimsy the new boxes will be seeing as how they are not reinforced like the older box.
47336cf25aa320da27eba6fc3a791af0da6065e8.jpg

I didnt post a comparison pic other than the one up top... well cus.. lets face it... im taking pictures of a box here... not what was in it.. but just the box.
laugh.gif

93936efa52be29032196aa393077165f0875fc96.jpg

These corners are gonna be a problem... you can believe that. 

87316e51282daa34141861644947f4327e525bda.jpg

dbd16d5a2d2cad321e4ab96ed33098b1e4cfd01f.jpg

mmmm yummmm 

So heres a comparison shot btw these two boxes... I find it strange that the Elec Green box isnt the same as the Griffey box, seeing as how they drop AFTER the griffeys... I suppose it depends on where it was made? But you can already see how flimsy the new boxes will be seeing as how they are not reinforced like the older box.
47336cf25aa320da27eba6fc3a791af0da6065e8.jpg

I didnt post a comparison pic other than the one up top... well cus.. lets face it... im taking pictures of a box here... not what was in it.. but just the box.
laugh.gif

93936efa52be29032196aa393077165f0875fc96.jpg

These corners are gonna be a problem... you can believe that. 

87316e51282daa34141861644947f4327e525bda.jpg

dbd16d5a2d2cad321e4ab96ed33098b1e4cfd01f.jpg

mmmm yummmm 

Like did you really just post that in a thread dedicated to the shoe??????

If you place the red Nomos next to these, the Griffeys are better in style and quality. Go check out the Nomo thread and see all the comments about how crappy they are.....I am still beside myself you even asked the question in this thread.

Like did you really just post that in a thread dedicated to the shoe??????

If you place the red Nomos next to these, the Griffeys are better in style and quality. Go check out the Nomo thread and see all the comments about how crappy they are.....I am still beside myself you even asked the question in this thread.

^ LOL I'm appalled myself

On top of that....just when I thought griffey boxes couldn't get any worse I had to see those pics
30t6p3b.gif

^ LOL I'm appalled myself

On top of that....just when I thought griffey boxes couldn't get any worse I had to see those pics
30t6p3b.gif

Back
Top Bottom