Nike Has Officially BANNED Midnight Releases

Originally Posted by DUB 253

A raffle Nike? Wow, suck a @*#&.

So in essence I have to WIN the "privilege" of giving them my hard earned money? +*%% you Nike, I refuse to play that game.
Raffles should be used for very limited releases like Galaxy Foams and Yeezys.

I think if the stores hand out wristbands the day or two before it would cut down on the craziness. The FL here did that for the Black Cement IIIs and Concords without any issues.

And I think the employees setting aside sizes for their friends is a lot bigger issue than the midnight releases. For the White Cement IVs, my friend asked for a 12 and the dude said they were sold out and not but 5 min. later one of the employee's friends walked with a sz 12?!?! My friend was pissed and tried to talk to a manager but he pretty much blew him off. I wish there was a way to for Nike to crack down on this but it might be nearly impossible ... I guess as long as the shoes get SOLD they don't care ....

Originally Posted by Skip2MyLou23

Originally Posted by DUB 253

A raffle Nike? Wow, suck a @*#&.

So in essence I have to WIN the "privilege" of giving them my hard earned money? +*%% you Nike, I refuse to play that game.
Raffles should be used for very limited releases like Galaxy Foams and Yeezys.

Agreed

Still have my shoes pre-ordered and still have received calls about doing more... No line, no craziness at the store, no stampedes and 0 overhead. Don't see any store currently doing this willing to stop doing this regardless of what has been said.  Mind you in Canada the 'shoe crowd' is fairly manageable. 

Originally Posted by MJsaver

I honestly dont see a ban on midnight release changing anything, the same dudes lining up for 12 am will just wait another 10 hrs till the store opens.

Might even be a lil more dangerous, bunch of dudes online at 3 am with 3-600 cash in their pockets.

Nike just make more ^%$##@! shoes please!!
This

Originally Posted by Ayipapi

Originally Posted by BrotherForReal

indifferent.gif
 How's my typo take away from the fact that YOU still KNOW nothing about Nike and it's past dealings with Footlocker.

Ignorance runs rampant on this board.

Again typos ain't your only problem homie...the footlocker Nike beef was back in 2002/2003...as a result HOH was born...but YOU know that already right???

Some of you dudes make me laugh...again...there is a happy compromise between Nike and FTL...before you make a comment understand the business of each not just your thirst of sneakers...unfortunately your THIRST doesn't do +$$@ for Nike...its them endless kicks that makes the bottom line fatter...
What happened between Footlocker and Nike?

Originally Posted by BrotherForReal

indifferent.gif
 How's my typo take away from the fact that YOU still KNOW nothing about Nike and it's past dealings with Footlocker.

Ignorance runs rampant on this board.

Again typos ain't your only problem homie...the footlocker Nike beef was back in 2002/2003...as a result HOH was born...but YOU know that already right???

Some of you dudes make me laugh...again...there is a happy compromise between Nike and FTL...before you make a comment understand the business of each not just your thirst of sneakers...unfortunately your THIRST doesn't do +$$@ for Nike...its them endless kicks that makes the bottom line fatter...

Basically in 03 Footlocker tried to adjust there market strategy of inventory stocking concordantly across all lines...basically each store looks the same so the experience is the same regardless of geography....which doesnt makes sense because as anyone in here can attest to...just cause foams move along I-95 don't mean they gonna move in Omaha...

As a result they announced with there earnings report that they would be reducing there orders with Nike by $300 to $400 million annually....that kind of reduction will have an effect on FTL as its less product to sell..yet they felt the long term strategy of reducing glut inventory and only carrying inventory more regionally based made more sense...

Nike come back and refused to give FTL corporate access to Jordan Retros...essentially making them Finishline (number 2 at the time) exclusives...Nike wasnt serious because $400million dollar hit WILL hurt...but imagine a $1.00 billion dollar hit (FTL was/is there largest customer)?????

So a compromise was made...FTL is allowed to RTV a certain amount of product...FTL local product managers are allowed discretionary allocations for regionally specific stores...and from this concept HOH was born...they basically gave there largest customer an exclusive line specially for certain regions with NYC being first.

Again I'm not saying Nike has no power...I'm just saying that this is a delicate balance between the two...

Originally Posted by woody2926

I think if the stores hand out wristbands the day or two before it would cut down on the craziness. The FL here did that for the Black Cement IIIs and Concords without any issues.

And I think the employees setting aside sizes for their friends is a lot bigger issue than the midnight releases. For the White Cement IVs, my friend asked for a 12 and the dude said they were sold out and not but 5 min. later one of the employee's friends walked with a sz 12?!?! My friend was pissed and tried to talk to a manager but he pretty much blew him off. I wish there was a way to for Nike to crack down on this but it might be nearly impossible ... I guess as long as the shoes get SOLD they don't care ....
This is an issue with the retailer, which I'm assuming is Footlocker.

I only bought online so I didn't think this would affect me, but according to Finish Line, it will. Now gotta wake up early Saturday morning. 
30t6p3b.gif

Edit: NDC will release at midnight though. So Nike sets a policy for others to follow, but they themselves don't follow it.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Jada2001Retro

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

what's the difference between a midnight release and a morning release? Same stupidity will happen just a different time
laugh.gif

if they really wanted to fix this then they'd over produce their pairs, leaving everybody happy ....they created this problem.
There is a much higher chance of someone getting robbed or jumped for their shoes when it's dark out.

Releasing in the morning when there is more security and it's lighter outside with more people around actually is much safer, although most people will be against it.

This. Thuggery is more rampant at midnight. Plus 6 am releases mean only the more hardcore will be up and in line compared to a midnight release.Plus a lot of places(at least around here) have begun enforcing a no camping policy. You can't be on premises until a certain time so at that time everyone usually scrambles to the designated line and then we receive wristbands to eliminate cutting.

Damm that sucks. But it still doesn't change the fact that people would camp prior to the release of the inital shoe.The only diffrence is camping would be during the day instead of night. maybe camping out would be civil, cause the rowdy folks would still be counting sheep or getting over a hangover, hopefully nike implements this tatic. Early bird gets the worm.

Originally Posted by mrdieselfuel09

Wasn't Footaction the number 2 brand? I can be mistaken.

That was around the same time Footlocker bought up Footaction... if I remember correctly

Basically in 03 Footlocker tried to adjust there market strategy of inventory stocking concordantly across all lines...basically each store looks the same so the experience is the same regardless of geography....which doesnt makes sense because as anyone in here can attest to...just cause foams move along I-95 don't mean they gonna move in Omaha...

As a result they announced with there earnings report that they would be reducing there orders with Nike by $300 to $400 million annually....that kind of reduction will have an effect on FTL as its less product to sell..yet they felt the long term strategy of reducing glut inventory and only carrying inventory more regionally based made more sense...

Nike come back and refused to give FTL corporate access to Jordan Retros...essentially making them Finishline (number 2 at the time) exclusives...Nike wasnt serious because $400million dollar hit WILL hurt...but imagine a $1.00 billion dollar hit (FTL was/is there largest customer)?????

So a compromise was made...FTL is allowed to RTV a certain amount of product...FTL local product managers are allowed discretionary allocations for regionally specific stores...and from this concept HOH was born...they basically gave there largest customer an exclusive line specially for certain regions with NYC being first.

Again I'm not saying Nike has no power...I'm just saying that this is a delicate balance between the two...
All true.
I worked at FTL 34th...aka HQ...during that period and the vibe around there when the Jordans were only going to FTA on 7th was crazy.

$#!t got ugly for a while between FTA and FTL until they just acquired them and forced the situation to be resolved.

I left in the midst of that madness and pretty much took a time out from kicks all together. When i first heard of HOH being created, it was somewhat of a shocked to me considering what i had seen & heard last.

Originally Posted by asianplayer

Edit: NDC will release at midnight though. So Nike sets a policy for others to follow, but they themselves don't follow it.
laugh.gif

the reason why NDC aka nike dot com doesnt follow the policy they set forth is because you run the risk of being robbed inside your house for the sneakers that you just bought

I feel like it would be the exact same situation... butttt i guess it would be safer as far as security goes. Seeing as how there is much higher visibility on a morning or afternoon release.

the rsvp system isnt even going to be used all the time. How is NTNY going to release the lebron elites at 10 am with no rsvp but NTDallas is using the system? At this point it just doesnt make sense that the RSVP isnt used across all stores PLUS they changed the rules they dont need the last 4 digits of the id number they're using names now... as of the new updated policy

Don't think it would change anything people still going to be lining up like crazy just a little earlier that's all

Back
Top Bottom