Nike Huarache Basketball 2012 Restore/Customisation. Looking for some help, my first time.

Hi there. I'm new in the forum, I'm writing from Italy, my name is luca.

I used to wear this sneakers on court for 6/9 months, and now I'd like to restore them for the summer. 

I just need some advice.

First of all, I have to restore the "midsole", the black line at the bottom of the shoes. 

What I have to do? Is it better to scratch all the black remaining painting? Or I can keep it?
Which product can I use to paint (black) on this particular material?
Thanks a lot, I'll keep posting images during the process, if you gonna help me :wink:

Welcome Luca!

It looks like you just need to repaint the black "midsole"

Its best if you scratch off the old paint or use some acetone (Paint remover) and rub off that old paint

Then paint on new fresh black paint.  If you dont want to remove the old paint you dont have too, you can just paint over the old paint but it may start to crack in the near future.

If you want the best results it is best to remove the old paint and then repaint with new black paint.

The most flexible paint which you want to use is angelus paint, it costs no more than $5 but you may have to

order it online.

Hope this helps!

You're talking about Angelus leather paint, right? Is there any online shop for it?

Thank you. I found some acetone (in my sister's room) and I'm trying to remove the original black painting. Trying to do my best. I'll post some pictures ASAP.
I'll keep you updated!

So, I just gave my shoes to a cobbler for a little "professional modification". I'm gonna post a picture next week. Waiting for the Angelus paint I order today.

Ok guys I received my shoes yesterday, I think "my man" made quite a good job for me...

Look at this 3 pictures, the shoes look quite messy right now, remember it's a work in progress.

The cobbler offers me to repaint the black intersole for me so, why not? Ok maybe I'm not customing by myself, but I prefer to have a nice and clean realization of my ideas for the moment. I ordered black and white laces, lenght: 240 cm, width 8 mm. I'd like to lace my shoes using all the holes, the classic "upper" line of holes and the second too, for a more customized lacing.

So, now:

-Imma clean all the shoes, preparing them to be painted (the cobbler's laboratory re-open the 7 of January)

-wait for the laces (I'll post you some pictures to choose beetween black and white laces)

-look around for a pair of lace/cord lock (something like this in an all black version)

I'll keep you update, and thank you for the support you are giving to me.

Luca

What exactly did you have the cobbler do to the shoes?

Are you sure he knows how to repaint a midsole properly?

Also, what is he charging you to do the work?

My concern is just because he is a cobbler doesn't mean this work is going to be

professionally done, most Shoe repair shops mainly deal with re-dyeing leather/suede,

Re-soling, polishing on dress shoes.

Not many actually know how to work on sneakers and repaint a midsole (even though its simple)

Last edited:
The cobbler removed the upper black "collar",as you can see in the picture.
Talking about painting, I talk to him saying that I'd like to repaint the midsole with Angelus paint. He says to me that he knows the product, he knows exactly what it means to paint on a particular material like this and he offered me to paint the shoes for me. I'll let him try, also because it's hard to receive a 4oz Angelus Paint in Italy, without paying too much. I know it's a risk, I'm gonna try just because the work cost me so far just 15€ (considering the shoes as free).

The cobbler removed the upper black "collar",as you can see in the picture.
Talking about painting, I talk to him saying that I'd like to repaint the midsole with Angelus paint. He says to me that he knows the product, he knows exactly what it means to paint on a particular material like this and he offered me to paint the shoes for me. I'll let him try, also because it's hard to receive a 4oz Angelus Paint in Italy, without paying too much. I know it's a risk, I'm gonna try just because the work cost me so far just 15€ (considering the shoes as free).
Alright, sounds good

Make sure you post up some pictures when he finishes!

Sure, I'll be happy to share with you the pictures of the work done! Thanks for sharing your opinions with me.

Hi there!
Waiting for my shoes to be painted black, I received the black laces. This is how I decided to lace them up.

View media item 719380View media item 719381

Look quite good to me, and give the shoes a new "feel", imho. What do you think about them?
I can't wait to see them painted, and finally rock them! 8)

Last edited:
Hi there. 
One of the last update I'm going to make.
I gave the shoes to the cobbler for the last time. Asked to add 1 pair of holes and to cut a piece of the shoes (you'll see). 
I'll post the shoes next week, tuesday. 
SO EXCITED ABOUT IT!

Back
Top Bottom