Nike HYP Chase (ASG, Fragment Design Trio Released 2/12/2015)

so if Harden does in fact wear this model tonight during the AS game and wins MVP,  the hype / price on these will go up lol

had another go with these and that drop in midsole is no bueno...wore my kobe ix id to the gym and decided to swap for the lunarlon since i dont hoop in those
turned out to be a great decision, fits perfectly inside and the shoes is definitely lighter with the lunarlon drop in sole (or maybe I'm crazy)

had another go with these and that drop in midsole is no bueno...wore my kobe ix id to the gym and decided to swap for the lunarlon since i dont hoop in those
turned out to be a great decision, fits perfectly inside and the shoes is definitely lighter with the lunarlon drop in sole (or maybe I'm crazy)
I might have to do that too, I was pretty surprised how heavy the insole was. Love the way they look on feet though, will look great with shorts or pants.

Been wearing these to the gym, breaking them in before I hit the court and they are very reminiscent to the Kobe 8s except with less/ very little ankle collar padding, asymmetrical lacing, and obviously no lunarlon drop in midsole. The midsole they inserted sucks so I decided to modify it a bit and put the Lebron 11 lunarlon/ full length zoom cushion in. I refer to it as beauty and the beast. It's like a monster engine in a luxury sports car. It feels great. The mesh is starting to feel less restrictive and break in. It's tough to lace these just right because if it's too tight then there's pain and pinching where the laces start to go down the medial side of the shoe. Too loose and you lose that secure lockdown because of the lack of ankle cushioning. They still feel nice on feet and they look even better. Ive done some heavy lifting, light plyo, and running on the treadmill with them and they feel better each time. I'll give a full review of how they play on court when I get in the gym.

View media item 1405910

Third day hooping in my pair and they felt better than the previous two times. I wore standard Nike cushioned socks this time instead of Elite socks(my feet were burning up for some reason in the Elites) and I had no problems with overheating this time around. Gym floor was cleaner than last time so grip improved but I still had to wipe every few possessions(unlike say the Kobe X or Jordan xx8 where I rarely have to wipe at all). Traction is above adequate imo. Overall I enjoy hooping in the Hyperchase but as I'm typing this up, my feet are hurting from extensive play. The PU midsole hasn't broken in completely yet or they just plain suck. Time will tell. I don't understand why they went with this "old" tech when they could have went with lunarlon or the standard phylon/zoom combo.

Back
Top Bottom