Nike Hyperdunk 2012 Review Thread

I have yet to purchase my pair, but soon enough.

Post your thoughts and a thorough review if possible. Here's what matters most for me if fellow NTers can shed some light:

- Traction
- Fit
- Comfort
- Breathability/Response/Flexibility of shoe?
- Ankle support

...I've been playing in low tops/Kobe 6s for the last two years, if anyone can answer this, how do they compare to them?

I played in the lowtop version. Got them for a decent price in HK since I needed a pair of cheap ball shoes since it was a bad idea to use my nike free runs as ball shoes lol.

Traction:
Solid herring bone; very good to be honest. There were instances where I slipped, but it was probably because of my stride and how I landed. Bottomline, traction is amazing.
Fit:
I have a moderate to narrow foot, so it fits me well. If you have a wide foot I'd stay away or at least try them out in stores. I normally where a 8.5 or 9. I got a 9 and they fit perfectly. However in the lows, there is a little bit of a heel slip. The lockdown is not perfect in the heel, but it is bearable. The arch is almost non-existant, I wish I brought my insoles, but I did not plan playing pick up ball in HK.
Comfort:
Very comfortable, but as I said if I brought my insoles, it would be better since my arch would be supported. They are great nonetheless if your foot is moderate to narrow in width.
Breathability/Response/Flexibility:
Very breathable; I use UA or the Nike running socks (The ones that designate left and right foot). So my socks are practically dry when I'm done playing. Haven't tried with cotton, but I'm sure they'll be fine airflow is not an issue.
Very responsive. Even though the low is only forefoot zoom air and foam in the back, they are awesome if you are a speed & slash oriented player. This is a very guard friendly shoe.
Flexibility is tricky because after a few wears the hyperfuse and flywire look like new other than creasing in the midsole. There is not a lot of flex, but it does not hinder any movement or cause any discomfort while playing.
Ankle Support:
I cannot comment on this regarding the mid since I play in the low, but it is pretty stable in my opinion. If the heel slip could be corrected, it would have been perfect.

You could view the reviews done by nightwing2303 for more information:

Hope this helps

Originally Posted by ed2324

I played in the lowtop version. Got them for a decent price in HK since I needed a pair of cheap ball shoes since it was a bad idea to use my nike free runs as ball shoes lol.

Traction:
Solid herring bone; very good to be honest. There were instances where I slipped, but it was probably because of my stride and how I landed. Bottomline, traction is amazing.
Fit:
I have a moderate to narrow foot, so it fits me well. If you have a wide foot I'd stay away or at least try them out in stores. I normally where a 8.5 or 9. I got a 9 and they fit perfectly. However in the lows, there is a little bit of a heel slip. The lockdown is not perfect in the heel, but it is bearable. The arch is almost non-existant, I wish I brought my insoles, but I did not plan playing pick up ball in HK.
Comfort:
Very comfortable, but as I said if I brought my insoles, it would be better since my arch would be supported. They are great nonetheless if your foot is moderate to narrow in width.
Breathability/Response/Flexibility:
Very breathable; I use UA or the Nike running socks (The ones that designate left and right foot). So my socks are practically dry when I'm done playing. Haven't tried with cotton, but I'm sure they'll be fine airflow is not an issue.
Very responsive. Even though the low is only forefoot zoom air and foam in the back, they are awesome if you are a speed & slash oriented player. This is a very guard friendly shoe.
Flexibility is tricky because after a few wears the hyperfuse and flywire look like new other than creasing in the midsole. There is not a lot of flex, but it does not hinder any movement or cause any discomfort while playing.
Ankle Support:
I cannot comment on this regarding the mid since I play in the low, but it is pretty stable in my opinion. If the heel slip could be corrected, it would have been perfect.

You could view the reviews done by nightwing2303 for more information:

Hope this helps

Cool story bro. I think he asked for the '2012' not the 2011. The 2012 low has yet to be shipped to stores yet.

laugh.gif
Thanks for the info ed2324, but as stated above, looking for the 2012 edition.

my bad i misread the title of the thread, got confused with the 2011 and 2012.
embarassed.gif

Back
Top Bottom