Nike Hyperdunk 2016 Available in July

IMG_4049.JPG

First impressions:

Solid performer from top to bottom. Traction was reliable and reminded me of the Kobe IX but hold your horses, they don't squeak nearly as much as the former. Snug 1-to-1 fit, slightly wider than the KDX but not by much, I went tts on both. Internal padding in the heel area is the same height as the KDX and upon initial try on, it felt awkward how low the padding went up...like it sat right below my ankle so I didn't get that sensation of wearing a mid-top but in fact I was. Materials are good. TPU threading throughout the flyknit upper with emphasized focus in the toe cap for added durability. Much softer and free forming than the knit on the Kobe XI. Lower tongue is similar to that of the KDX but integrated vents allow for much better breathability. Upper tongue is a quality nubuck that provides right amount of padding and lace pressure relief. Even though the design makes it look like a traditional tongue it's actually another 1 piece bootie shoe(as to be expected from what Nike has been giving us as of late) so it's a hassle to get the shoe on and off. Definitely have to unlace the top eyelet and loosen up the rest to access. Same screen mesh found throughout the lower tongue is found at the achilles area for breathability and flexibility. These are my initial thoughts on the Nike React Hyperdunk 2017 Flyknit from 5 pick-up games. Let me know if there is anything else you'd like to know.

Oh, did you think I forgot about the most intriguing aspect of this sneaker?! Don't worry, I gotchu! The React cushioning! Drumroll please...the React foam cushioning felt like...lunarlon :lol: It was good don't get me wrong, however it didn't wow me. I kinda expected this from how underwhelming Nike's marketing was for it. Pros; full length so it provided a consistent ride and soft so it was comfortable. Cons; mushy, slight sinking feeling and although named React, I felt minimal bounce back/responsiveness. Time will tell how the foam will break in but I highly doubt it will firm up and get better, only thing to look for is the breakdown and bottoming out process

Last edited:
IMG_4049.JPG

First impressions:

Solid performer from top to bottom. Traction was reliable and reminded me of the Kobe IX but hold your horses, they don't squeak nearly as much as the former. Snug 1-to-1 fit, slightly wider than the KDX but not by much, I went tts on both. Internal padding in the heel area is the same height as the KDX and upon initial try on, it felt awkward how low the padding went up...like it sat right below my ankle so I didn't get that sensation of wearing a mid-top but in fact I was. Materials are good. TPU threading throughout the flyknit upper with emphasized focus in the toe cap for added durability. Much softer and free forming than the knit on the Kobe XI. Lower tongue is similar to that of the KDX but integrated vents allow for much better breathability. Upper tongue is a quality nubuck that provides right amount of padding and lace pressure relief. Even though the design makes it look like a traditional tongue it's actually another 1 piece bootie shoe(as to be expected from what Nike has been giving us as of late) so it's a hassle to get the shoe on and off. Definitely have to unlace the top eyelet and loosen up the rest to access. Same screen mesh found throughout the lower tongue is found at the achilles area for breathability and flexibility. These are my initial thoughts on the Nike React Hyperdunk 2017 Flyknit from 5 pick-up games. Let me know if there is anything else you'd like to know.

Oh, did you think I forgot about the most intriguing aspect of this sneaker?! Don't worry, I gotchu! The React cushioning! Drumroll please...the React foam cushioning felt like...lunarlon :lol: It was good don't get me wrong, however it didn't wow me. I kinda expected this from how underwhelming Nike's marketing was for it. Pros; full length so it provided a consistent ride and soft so it was comfortable. Cons; mushy, slight sinking feeling and although named React, I felt minimal bounce back/responsiveness. Time will tell how the foam will break in but I highly doubt it will firm up and get better, only thing that should happen is how fast/slow it will breakdown and bottom out.

Thanks for the review. Kind of makes me think if I should wait for a sale or go for them now.

I still have two pairs of the 2013 Hyperdunks in great condition...But I'm thinking the new tech will be a nice welcome. I don't play as much as I used to, but still looking for some comfort, support, and good traction playing hoop.

xplosivejeff xplosivejeff great insight, thanks for the words on the shoe. Feel free to post updates as you they get more wear on court. Care to compare the React to Boost? (mushy sinking feeling, it does seem similar)

Going with the Crazy Explosive 2017 then and wait for these to hit clearance. You're not doing YT reviews anymore xplosivejeff xplosivejeff ?

Disappointed the REACT sounds like a minor upgrade over Lunarlon. I'm definitely more excited about the Boost in the Crazy Explosive, so I'm going the same route as thapointguy unless the reviews are much better with extended play.

Last edited:
Saw Sammy from SoleBros first impressions and he said that it didn't really have much bounce back either. Take if for what you will though (wasn't really a high quality review).

Saw Sammy from SoleBros first impressions and he said that it didn't really have much bounce back either. Take if for what you will though (wasn't really a high quality review).

SoleBros reviews definitely aren't the best in general. I'm a way bigger player than Sammy, so his reviews are even less helpful. I'm looking forward getting a review out someone like Duke.

Shot around in the '17 HD React. Nike rep told me to go TTS. I got a sz11 and they are too narrow (11.5 in kobes and lebrons), I'm pretty much flat footed, but it could also be the flyknit material. I don't really feel any difference with the new React foam vs lunarlon.

I prefer more cushioning, I plan on returning these and probably get the '16 HD lows for $86 :D

Couldn't find the info nor followed previous city pack release for hyperdunks but anyone know where they release online and how to buy them? I got the launch dates but do they launch internationally or just at the specific cities?

Thanks!

Liking the looks of 2017 lows. Will continue to hold off until more reviews come in. Not excited about the initial reviews of the REACT sounding like a slight improvement of Lunarlon and not closer to the top foams like Bounce, Boost, and Micro G.

In the meantime looking for a really good deal on some 2016 flyknits. Hopefully I can find them in the right size for under $100....

Hahahahah love it

But I would cop it when it goes to the outlet, and are sold for $40.

If flip the switch HD2017 come out, I am willing to pay $80-$90

I like the 4mm offset on the 2017, the lows look decent but not in any of those city pack CWs. Its gonna be 9 months before I can use a basketball shoe again so i might just catch these on discount when the time comes...

Liking the looks of 2017 lows. Will continue to hold off until more reviews come in. Not excited about the initial reviews of the REACT sounding like a slight improvement of Lunarlon and not closer to the top foams like Bounce, Boost, and Micro G.

In the meantime looking for a really good deal on some 2016 flyknits. Hopefully I can find them in the right size for under $100....

Outlets here in DFW have hd16 flyknit for $70-$90

Thanks Duke. Too bad most of the outlets don't ship anymore. I'll check my local outlets to see if they have similar deals.

Mid non-flyknit 2017 HDs are now up on NDC. Current colors are red/white, all white, and blue/white. Like the reds but still waiting on full performance reviews...

Back
Top Bottom