Nike Infrared Trainers? if you love infrareds + trainers= must see!

It has been a while since ive been on nt, and i dont think i have ever saw this pair and i was wondering if it was newly released or an old school pair ofkicks. So i copped this pair off an uncle and i was wondering if they were legit, it has an old school tag, no date, but here are some pics. let me know whatyou think. infrared + trainers = cant go wrong! check the grey mudguard thats added, looks like an airmax x trainer fusion. no box though. feedback is greatlyappreciated
photo64fe0.jpg
photo65wi0.jpg
photo66ad2.jpg
photo67ny6.jpg
photo68wp6.jpg
photo69ie4.jpg

There's no air unit? I'm pretty sure you have a pair of OGs, these were just like the Trainer SC but cheaper because they lacked the visible air-maxunit. I'm sure WallyHopp will fill us in with more knowledge

Very nice pick up. They are OG SC Trainer 2 if iam not mistaken. I may be wrong though, I know they are part of the Bo Jackson trainer line. They definatelyarent retro's...

Should be legit... this is a catalogue pic from the early 90's (don't remember the exact year)...

"Air Cross Trainer High"... then again, Nike used to use almost generic names for their trainers back then...
ad42558ed8698ece74d20228ea77b15bdf827de.pjpg

good stuff guys. yall dont need me. lol.

some more trainer catalog photos ive saved over the years:
http://picasaweb.google.com/WallyHopp/NikeCatalogs#

xeneize10 is most likely right. just a lower tier air trainer sc. the trainers were so popular back then that they had the signature models priced at $110-120on top and many other models with different features at lower price points.

----------
sig. model
2nd tier
3rd tier
non AIR nike
-----------

With the 1990 year tag on your pair, the same as the sc III trainer, im guessing they were second tier trainers to the sig model below:
6863521f485365f4c86fcdfbbeeed964b51ee35.pjpg

awesome shoes though. unwearable no double. those midsoles will crumble within a few steps. ive stopped buying old shoes that are unwearable. such a hugetease.

nice shoes, but these were the "cheaper version" of the AT sc III trainer
every "flah ship" shoe of nike had back then a cheaper version

these arer from 1990 (like what you can see on the insde tag)
def don't wear these
smile.gif

they will crack

most def a tease!i could rock them all day! good thing i came here first before i ffd um up. lol. thanks agaiN!!!!

sinner and ka pretty much answered your question, its possible they will be wearable, those were definitely not a very sought after shoe back in the days.

listen to bknobles and don't try to wear them. They will fall apart after a few steps. Just for your sneaker showcase. But nevertheless a real nice pieceof Trainer history even without visible air bubble.

Classic shoe - that shoe was my introduction to cross trainers when I convinced them to buy them for me going into HS way back when... I had the white, grey,& black accented pair... Wore them into the ground for gym class
frown.gif
No air bubble = lower tier but nonetheless still a hype shoe.

Remember this was before all the "Free", hybrid nonsense that Nike is pushing at us now... the pic above is of a true cross trainer as Tinkerenvisioned with the sick tread on the bottom.
IIRC there was NO true number designation for these Trainer Series, only labeled "Low" or "Hi" although they did drop a few versions (AirTrainer E, anyone?)

Has the infrared part started to bleed over onto the white yet? A common problem for vintage shoes
tired.gif
*BTW I like how you still have the "Nike" hard tag on the shoe

As well the area of the shoe first to crack (in my experience) is near the heel where the embedded air sole unit is. Happy that the younger heads are diggingup old gems like this.

I bet the shoe tag reads Made in Vietnam or Korea
tongue.gif

I'm still waiting on a Air Trainer TW (Totally Washable) retro - now that would be sweet
pimp.gif

lol. it is made in korea. the bottom of the sole is actually coated in powder, im pretty sure it would fall apart haha. i just got into trainers, loveum!

I had these in 9.5 DS but the low version with OG box about 3 yrs ago. Bought em for 60 bucks and flipped em for double

Originally Posted by syxth element
^^^^^those are
eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
.....i need a time machine...asap

I've been patiently waiting to see the retro on ebay or for another retro of these to be released for some time now:
6863521f485365f4c86fcdfbbeeed964b51ee35.pjpg

Back
Top Bottom