Nike Ja 1 | Ja Morant’s First Signature Shoe

Y'all know if they're basketball kicks they're supposed to be snug, right?

That's why you can't listen to people up here and need to try them on.

Y'all know if they're basketball kicks they're supposed to be snug, right?

That's why you can't listen to people up here and need to try them on.

I'm gonna disagree here heavily. Kicks are supposed to be comfortable to the player. Demar wears his shoes loose, KD wears 1 full size bigger, Jason Terry wore a few sizes up and attempted to compensate that with layering multiple pairs of socks. Funny enough the players mentioned also hardly have (or had) any serious ankle injuries. Sure tape is used but tape can only do so much.. plenty of players getting injured with or without ankle tape anyways regardless of their footwear of choice.

For me personally, snug shoes have caused a tailors bunion to form. From my research and speaking with doctors, the #1 cause is tight footwear and here we are almost 20 years later of wearing "snug" shoes for basketball as I have been told all my life. I now have to wear 1/2 to full size bigger to compensate for the width as I went from a narrow/medium foot to a wide as my old size causes extreme discomfort and numbness.

So no, basketball shoes are not necessarily meant to be snug. As outlined in the first paragraph, you can clearly get performance out of shoes that are bigger or loose fitting.. and those players aren't the only ones doing those things, they're the only ones I can think of off the top of my head right now.

You do you though, I ain't listening to that "they're supposed to be snug" crap anymore as I have been for 20 years and it's obviously caused issues.. I don't want my feet to look like lebrons before my 40th birthday (yes, tight footwear has contributed to his deformed feet).

I'm gonna disagree here heavily. Kicks are supposed to be comfortable to the player. Demar wears his shoes loose, KD wears 1 full size bigger, Jason Terry wore a few sizes up and attempted to compensate that with layering multiple pairs of socks. Funny enough the players mentioned also hardly have (or had) any serious ankle injuries. Sure tape is used but tape can only do so much.. plenty of players getting injured with or without ankle tape anyways regardless of their footwear of choice.

For me personally, snug shoes have caused a tailors bunion to form. From my research and speaking with doctors, the #1 cause is tight footwear and here we are almost 20 years later of wearing "snug" shoes for basketball as I have been told all my life. I now have to wear 1/2 to full size bigger to compensate for the width as I went from a narrow/medium foot to a wide as my old size causes extreme discomfort and numbness.

So no, basketball shoes are not necessarily meant to be snug. As outlined in the first paragraph, you can clearly get performance out of shoes that are bigger or loose fitting.. and those players aren't the only ones doing those things, they're the only ones I can think of off the top of my head right now.

You do you though, I ain't listening to that "they're supposed to be snug" crap anymore as I have been for 20 years and it's obviously caused issues.. I don't want my feet to look like lebrons before my 40th birthday (yes, tight footwear has contributed to his deformed feet).

Do you play?

Those are individuals

Why are every single basketball sneaker, from Lebron, KD, Ja, Kyrie, PG, Steph...made snug :stoneface:

Do you play?

Those are individuals

Why are every single basketball sneaker, from Lebron, KD, Ja, Kyrie, PG, Steph...made snug :stoneface:

Yes I play, I've been playing all my life.

What do you mean made snug? All those shoes you mentioned (except Kyrie's, they run short) in my size are the same fitting as most Nike runners in the same size. Basketball shoes aren't made snug. The materials may be different causing a snug fit but that fit loosens over time. You still need to buy the correct size for your feet to avoid permanently deforming your feet.

Some people think ball shoes should be 1:1 fit, toes at the front and basically suffocating your feet. I think those people are idiots and want to permanently lose all their toenails.

I like a roomy toe box and I like to tie my shoes to a snug fit, which will loosen while playing with heat and sweat. I don't want my shoes to be snug out of the box anymore.. as I said, I've been doing that and it's caused permanent damage.

I agree with you. I like having a little bit of space in my bball shoes. I once had my toes at the end of my shoe and it would cause extreme pain to my toes whenever I would drive or stop on a dime. I actually imagined lebrons toes when I hear people say they play with their toes at the end of their shoes, but I also get that it’s a personal preference thing. Just not for me and my toes

Nike tippin' their cards, IMO.

The day after their current sale ends, I bet the leftover stock will be that price

image0 (1).jpeg

LFG!!

Nike Ja 1 “Christmas”
Color: Fuchsia Dream/Black-Emerald Rise-Magic Ember-Canyon Purple
Style Code: FV5558-500
Release Date: December 26, 2023
Price: $110
Nike-Ja-1-Christmas-4.jpeg

Nike-Ja-1-Christmas.jpeg

Nike-Ja-1-Christmas-2.jpeg

Nike-Ja-1-Christmas-3.jpeg

Nike-Ja-1-Christmas-5.jpeg

Nike-Ja-1-Christmas-1.jpeg

Nike-Ja-1-Christmas-6.jpeg

Nike-Ja-1-Christmas-7.jpeg

Nike-Ja-1-Christmas-8.jpeg

Nike-Ja-1-Christmas-9.jpeg

Nike-Ja-1-Christmas-10.jpeg

All I know is, I'm really looking forward to the bs-free return of Morant. So much talent, and he has appropriately been completely out of the public eye from what I've seen. Hope that's the end of the nonsense and he's back to just hoop his *** off. Memphis needs him badly.

Gotta think that patch means these pairs been produced damn near a year ago and Nike was just sitting on them after all the antics.. if they had been made afterwards they could have just pulled the quote and went purple instead

I could be wrong but I cant remember a players behavior affecting the aesthetics of their shoeline halfway thru the rollout lol 😵

Back
Top Bottom