Nike KD 12

I've tried them on at DSG today. It was surprising that they fit true to size. In past KD models, I always had to go up half a size.

E2C02E76-5085-48A4-9B27-B399ECF149F9.jpeg
8EA351DE-1B0E-478F-830F-40B4EF62C535.jpeg
F57E36F5-CA2D-45E0-9997-1CC6EBC41822.jpeg
6C3E9774-6560-49CB-93A9-51CD2C262F1B.jpeg
F6D14ECD-A3EC-443B-A349-74B05624B0BE.jpeg

Played at a super dusty gym today, have to say the traction wasn’t as bullet proof as my Kobe 1 Protros. Hopefully it gets better with break in.

How’s the cushion and fit?

Fit is TTS for me, after going half size down on 9 and 10.

You FEEL the bounce. However, speaking for pure impact protection, the forefoot feels closer to the ground and less cushioned, probably because the zoom bag is usually already compressed. The heel is as good as previous models, which is perfect for a heel striker like me.

I tried on half size up and I don’t know if they were too big or not :lol:

It’s that dumb strip on the toe

Just tried on as well.
TTS was fine length wise, it was where the tongue went from open to sewn in which gave me tightness. Although, you do need your foot contained, and this tightness wasn't total discomfort.
Cushion was awesome feeling. Would love to try these on court.

Tried my true 9.5 (PG3 and LeBron 15 low most recent) at DSG and would have to go to 10. That felt more comfortable and may try the 90s in those. Just worried about the soles/traction given a few steps in store that resulted in this:
E6876FDB-0E39-4D27-8EEC-49B6DDAA8A89.jpeg
(Also, the tab on the tongue is comically cheap)

Does the height of the mid cut bother you guys? I'm interested in the sneaker but havent balled in mids since 2012 hyperdunks.

Tried my true 9.5 (PG3 and LeBron 15 low most recent) at DSG and would have to go to 10. That felt more comfortable and may try the 90s in those. Just worried about the soles/traction given a few steps in store that resulted in this:
E6876FDB-0E39-4D27-8EEC-49B6DDAA8A89.jpeg
(Also, the tab on the tongue is comically cheap)
They definitely collect a lot of dust but even with dust it didn’t seem to hurt performance. Didn’t slip once and didn’t wipe once. Only played in them once tho.

I played in them two separate days. The first day the traction was decent but they got better by the second day. The zoom is like running on pillows. However, they feel a little wobbly when i try to set my feet for a jumpshot off a stepback.

I played in them two separate days. The first day the traction was decent but they got better by the second day. The zoom is like running on pillows. However, they feel a little wobbly when i try to set my feet for a jumpshot off a stepback.
No bueno for weak ankles then?

I’ve stayed away from the last 3 or 4 KDs cause of stability

I think the combination of how narrow they are and the articulated zoom makes them kinda unstable.

Back
Top Bottom