Nike KD 4 Retro

I kinda feel the same about these as I did about the Lebron 9 retro. I was pretty excited at first but then the reality set in that they're plastic shoes with dated tech. Very nostalgia driven, but no mass appeal.

I did like the YOTD 2.0 but I missed out like everyone else. I didn't even realize they jacked the price to $150, so I'm not that heartbroken that I didn't get them.

The quick sellout was most likely resellers testing the market with the first release. I reckon they'll be disappointed.

I kinda feel the same about these as I did about the Lebron 9 retro. I was pretty excited at first but then the reality set in that they're plastic shoes with dated tech. Very nostalgia driven, but no mass appeal.

I did like the YOTD 2.0 but I missed out like everyone else. I didn't even realize they jacked the price to $150, so I'm not that heartbroken that I didn't get them.

The quick sellout was most likely resellers testing the market with the first release. I reckon they'll be disappointed.
Besides the fuse materials on the upper idk what else you can say about the tech is outdated on these or the lebron 9s.

Zoom is still used in a bunch of Nikes and when implemented right works really to this day as one of the best cushion set ups. The air unit in the heel of the lebron 9 retros are noticeable and feel super comfortable. Same for the phylon in the kd4 it’s used in a bunch of kicks and when done right can be comfortable too

The release date for the Weatherman will be May 2, 2024.

It's crazy those sorry resellers unleashed the bots on that KD 4 based on what I read on here. I hope it flops for them and they have to get stuck with excess inventory.

Last edited:
2 of the retros I need....just give me Aunt Pearls and I'm good. They will probably drop those in the fall.

Besides the fuse materials on the upper idk what else you can say about the tech is outdated on these or the lebron 9s.

Zoom is still used in a bunch of Nikes and when implemented right works really to this day as one of the best cushion set ups. The air unit in the heel of the lebron 9 retros are noticeable and feel super comfortable. Same for the phylon in the kd4 it’s used in a bunch of kicks and when done right can be comfortable too

That's true...I think when I wrote that, in my mind I conflated "tech" and "style" a bit. But still, you're paying for the nostalgia because you can cop new KDs or Lebrons for less than $100.

If these are outdated and plastic like what does that mean about Kobe's?

Depends on the model. I think the 4s are nice with raw materials, the 5s are dated with the hyperfuse but still have a classic design, but the 6 was way ahead of its time. They're all still good hoop shoes though. But Nike has convinced people that Kobes are a premium line via artificial scarcity and leveraging consumer emotions because the man died.

That's true...I think when I wrote that, in my mind I conflated "tech" and "style" a bit. But still, you're paying for the nostalgia because you can cop new KDs or Lebrons for less than $100.

Depends on the model. I think the 4s are nice with raw materials, the 5s are dated with the hyperfuse but still have a classic design, but the 6 was way ahead of its time. They're all still good hoop shoes though. But Nike has convinced people that Kobes are a premium line via artificial scarcity and leveraging consumer emotions because the man died.
Hence why I said what I said. But it’s not just Nike.. adidas, released his whole line again plus concepts, it also extends through the merch. Like how else was they gonna get a 800$ jacket off

Amazing how before that day happened and in years past I would get roasted for wearing Kobe kicks casually. Then those same people were blowing up my phone asking me if I can get them pairs.

Kobe’s were in outlets before 2020

Got my Protro 4's from an clearance sale for 80€! Still kicking myself for skipping those Protro 1's in that same sale for 60 euros.. Thankfully I found a good local deal like a year ago for 81 points pair, ended up paying around 100€ for them.

Does anyone have a list of stores that will be selling the galaxy 4s? I refuse to believe SNKRS is my only option lol

Also, I don’t think any Nike b ball retro will sit cuz resellers are now trying to create hype

Kobe’s were in outlets before 2020

Yeah I know.

Seen the entire run of Kobe 5 GR run on an outlet in South Carolina just sitting. Regrets.

But I said what I said to piggyback off of what headerextovd commented. We know why Kobe kicks are sellin’

Does anyone have a list of stores that will be selling the galaxy 4s? I refuse to believe SNKRS is my only option lol

Also, I don’t think any Nike b ball retro will sit cuz resellers are now trying to create hype
Some raffles for you

Back
Top Bottom