Nike KD 4 Retro

No, it's a distinct difference in quality of tech on feet. Much less the differences in higher and lower end basketball models.

What you're saying is air is air, and a pair of Air Max 1's are just like a pair of Vapor Max. It's a lot more than marketing. If you played in some Lebron 21's and then played in some KD 4's you would know this. This is why I pay no attention to most people on NT when it comes to fit or comfort.
We’re on separate pages, but we can clear that up. You’re comparing two different types of setups. I’m saying they’re using the same tech that you are calling ancient in new releases currently. Kd4 = full length phylon+small fore foot zoom bag-2011. Ja 1 = full length phylon + small forefoot zoom bag-2023

Vapor max has a full length max unit where as an air max 1 only has air max in the heel of course they’re different.
The LeBron 20s and 21s are almost an identical setup to the Melo M9. Heel and forefoot zoom with cushlon midsole.
Same way LeBron 9s have the “Penny” setup.
The question that was posed it what makes the kd4s not a modern shoe. I was simply providing examples of how the same exact tech is utilized the same way today but it’s just marketed differently.

Decided to rock my galaxy to the Killer Queen concert.

Attachments

• IMG_20240303_084842_670.jpg
    IMG_20240303_084842_670.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_20240303_084813_849.jpg
    IMG_20240303_084813_849.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 453
Lastly since we’re on the subject
Caitlin Clark just broke the all time scoring record in the OG VI’s-2011

Attachments

• IMG_0812.jpeg
    IMG_0812.jpeg
    234.1 KB · Views: 512
What's really comical is Nike asking $150 for these retail and then turning around and asking $150 for KD's next sig the 17.

These should've been $120 at the most.
Inflation alone makes them a $130 shoe today. There was zero chance these were ever dropping for $120 in 2024

Not bad consider Kobe’s went from 130 to 180 on the protro version. But I guess that’s with some “updated tech”
Well how did any KD model jump $20 in a decade? There’s nothing more expensive about producing a new KD vs an older one so I don’t think it’s a coincidence they put them at the current sig pricing.

The reality is the KD line stopped selling gangbusters by 8 and no one is collecting any model like they were a 1-7 nor will again. Probably juicing the margin a bit has helped pad against the slumping sales baked into his partnership as his career winds down.

Last edited:
One thing I can say about the KD4s is that they hold up nice over time. My Texas and YOTD pair are in good shape besides someone in my household taking 1 lace out of my shoe

Back
Top Bottom