Votes: 1 10.0%
  • .5 Size Down

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • 1 Size Up

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • 1 Size Down

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
pretty much this. as much as im dissapointed in him for taking this route. The KD9 is still fire and I will be copping more

If I like this shoe I will cop it. Haven't seen it up close yet. That being said, Durant is a "ring hopper." Instead of having the competitive fire to beat them, he joined them...thus making the NBA less competive all around. Of course GS fans will defend it because it's their team; but let's face it, it's weak. Durant choked against GS in the regular season AND the playoffs. Those are facts.

Here's my performance take between the Lebron X and KD 9:

Reviewer Stats:

Height: 6'3

Weight: 220 lbs

Position: Mostly 1-4

Shoe Size: 13 for both Lebron X's and KD 9's

Shoe: KD 9 USA/Premier

I'm a big Lebron X fan and really enjoy the cushion and responsiveness the shoe has to offer. I felt the Lebron X had alot to offer for a shoe minus the biggest downfall, flexibility. Sure the lockdown was good in the X's but I almost felt a little restricted in my movements in my ankle. The shoe definitely sits high so there was some court feel instability.

I normally have some back pain and right knee soreness after playing in my 10's so I've definitely been waiting for the KD 9's to drop due to the articulated Zoom.

Now for as far as the KD 9's goes. I had no issues putting the shoe on. Must be because I have skinny feet like KD. Who knows but no issue there. With the KD 9's the court feel is amazing!!! You can feel that you sit lower compared to the X's but not too low. The cushion is amazing especially since its articulated zoom. You can feel the zoom directly under the forefoot plus the area right underneath the toes for that extra bounce. I thought I would be bouncing less with the KD 9's compared to the Lebron X's and boy was I wrong!!! Lockdown was great. No issues there for me. No dead space or chaffin. So after playing in the KD 9's I'm expecting some back soreness and knee soreness but I'm really surprised I had no back pain whatsoever or body aches. Oh and  as far as the shoe getting dirty being all white. Well be different and don't worry about the shoe getting dirty. Shoe hardly gets dirty. After all this is a B-Ball shoe and it will get stepped on here and there.

Highly recommend the KD 9's. Nike quit BS'n and drop those multicolors black and red already!!!

Last edited:
Great review man, I am looking for a new hooping shoe to replace my Kobe 11's.  Trying to hold off on the Premieres until next week but reviews like that make it tough lol

How the heck did you go .5 down? I went .5 up and it's still pretty snug.

Just means that is not his True Size. TTS is extremely tight for me and I feel like I need to half size up. Anybody who has heel slippage or say they run big, get your foot measured.

Awesome review.... Im a 34 year old 5'9 220lb runner....not baller. We do have something in common. I own a pair of Lebron Xs (Pure Platinums) and are on the countdown waiting for the Mic Drops. I can compare the Lebron X/KD9 to how i relate my rumnimg shoes. From any initial first looks, you notice the Lebron zoom bag unit sit higher and is not flexible in the forefoot. The KD9 visually sits lower and you can barely see the medial side of the zoom. That flex groove with zoom added makes a huge difference for explosiveness.

Running shoes are similar in how they perform. If the heel to toe (measured in mm) is too low/high then it could cause problem with over worked calves/back problems etc... Ive gone through several runners to find the one that dont give me shin splints or have me with sore legs after long runs. Thats why its important to find which shoe best fits your feet and your style of play.

Since the Lebron X surface with full length Zoom max, Nike didn't really toy with the full length Zoom setup until the KD8. We all know they had mixed reviews, more bad than good, with the upper being unforgiving and the zoom being stiff. Others went on to say they did lossen up and the responsiveness of the zoom felt better after a break in period. From the feedback on here they're still mixed reviews on the KD9 initially getting your foot in the shoe. Some said the fit was snug/loose but sizing up or down gave them the fit they desired. However, surely almost everyone has agreed that the cushioning on the KD9 felt great right out the box. Seems like Nike might of hit the sweet spot for a great performer/great aesthetically looking a sneaker.

Last edited:
Got my USAs in today, havent got a chance to try on yet but looking good out the box. Notice some raised glue on the flyknit will try n figure a way to safely remove it

Last edited:
And just as ugly

Nike will release blah GSW colorwaya and KD will rock the nicer ones in game that wont release

Last edited:
Tried em on today. They feel like the hyperrev 2014 with more material on the upper but more snug and less roomy. Much lower to the ground than the lebron 10 and flexes a lot better

Last edited:
Just bought the USA's and i went half size up since they run narrow. Feels great. For sure the best KD shoe yet. Look forward to copping the preheat and a GS colorway

Anyone have any idea on how to paint the grey part on the black/grey pair? Not feelin the grey flyknit.

Back
Top Bottom